Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36159 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2018, 09:46:33 pm »

Whelp, guess I can't remove my pocket dimension stuff until we can find an alternate way of preventing Serana from causing an issue.
Hmm I hate to just say no for “lore” reasons (especially ones I made up), so if you have a good reason why a Cisharni would betray their family, I may allow it :P No to the Dragon though, just too different. Though you could be dragon-like, just not from the actual dragon emperor.

I mean... I just kind of think that even in a sea of bad apples, there tends to still be a few examples of the good sort. And after that? I thought that the realization that the Cisharni murdered a god to get where they are might be a bit jarring. Especially if he was fed stuff about the Cisharni being blessed by the gods in his childhood, and then finding out that they disobeyed a direct order from their creator and killed their "uncle" in cold blood might be enough to make him turn. Of course, this would be assuming that he has any kind of respect for the gods, but again, this guy is the one good apple.

And if we really have to, we can pull out some stuff about the other Cisharni killing his true love or something. But that's way overplayed and I don't think I can play it well.
:D
Cisharni player-character + Serana = probably helpful stuff in this regards!
There are very few Cisharni though. About 12 or 13. I just think it would be too big of a thing if one of them defected. A human servants of a Cisharni, even an especially favored one I can understand, as that is my backstory, but if I recall correctly, Cisharni can't make more Cisharni like we can, so one of 12 defecting seems like it's too big.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2018, 09:49:21 pm »

A Nu-Cisharni, though. That could make sense.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2018, 09:51:35 pm »

If they are a new Cisharni, would their parent be someone we know, or an unknown Cisharni?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2018, 10:10:27 pm »

If they are a new Cisharni, would their parent be someone we know, or an unknown Cisharni?

Wait wait wait. Do we know any by name?

:(

Whelp, guess I can't remove my pocket dimension stuff until we can find an alternate way of preventing Serana from causing an issue.

Who?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2018, 10:28:19 pm »

If you want to join the game you should definitely read the IC thread, at least the updates if you don't really care what each character has been doing. Otherwise you are going to be extremely lost 99.99% of the time.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2018, 06:28:26 am »

There's the Communist Beetle Man (Red Star or Red Dawn or something? General asshole combat dude, has Blink and warform), Hera (mother of all Spartans, so has Blink and probably some gene control thing), That Fucking Inquisitor Guy (apparently has everything :| ), Artemis (SM's ex-girlfriend, doesn't like to be around Atlantis), Apollo (Artemis's brother, over in Rome stopping them from rebelling, we think; fire stuff IIRC), and Secondborn (DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD ASSHOLE DEAD DEAD). I believe that's all the Cisharni we know of.

Serena is a Nu-Cisharni that worked for the Inquisitor as part of a spy network or something; we captured her and she's being held in Adjilia, which I made undetectable to the Cisharni.

EDIT: Ah, yes, and the Pharoah, who's such a fucking asshole that even the other Cisharni despise him. He's probably trying to make a magic nuke or something like that. Black giant soul gem, you see.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:30:00 am by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2018, 07:30:40 am »

If you want to join the game you should definitely read the IC thread, at least the updates if you don't really care what each character has been doing. Otherwise you are going to be extremely lost 99.99% of the time.

Will do.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2018, 08:42:30 am »

I’ve thought about it, and decided against allowing a player to join as a Cisharni.

First, it complicates an already complicated game without adding enough benefits in my opinion. It would also take away an air of mystery and danger from your opponents. Third, while characters are all different, they all share the common background and goals of being a Sindari.

So of course you can join! Just as a mere immortal, potentially godlike Sindari instead of a Cisharni :P
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2018, 09:04:21 am »

I’ve thought about it, and decided against allowing a player to join as a Cisharni.

First, it complicates an already complicated game without adding enough benefits in my opinion. It would also take away an air of mystery and danger from your opponents. Third, while characters are all different, they all share the common background and goals of being a Sindari.

So of course you can join! Just as a mere immortal, potentially godlike Sindari instead of a Cisharni :P

Well, fine. Time to think up another character.

I mean... I can see a few benefits... like it might advance Rigel's story a bit, because I might recognize him as Orion. And having a character slightly sympathetic to the Cisharni would force the Sindari to flesh out their reasons for hating Atlantis besides "Sind told us to." From what I can see, the Cisharni are doing an OK job running the world.

But anyway. Not going to complain. You guys have a caster yet?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 09:35:27 am by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2018, 09:56:44 am »

You guys have a caster yet?
Pretty sure that the Tempesti are our single most populous caste.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2018, 05:19:40 pm »

Alright. Time to make a character sheet.

Spoiler: Sheet: Darius (click to show/hide)

And what I'm going to warg?

A pigeon.

Screw that, a whole flock of pigeonsand a few doves, because offensive wargs are fun and all, but pigeons are everywhere. If you feel that giving me control of 20+ off the gate is too unbalanced then give me a certain number per year spent training Warg or something, but I feel like I should get more than one because pigeons are so much smaller than anything else you might pick. I do want to use them as valid teleport targets though.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 05:53:53 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2018, 05:41:11 pm »

You still need to add all your stats :P

EDIT: MAKE SURE THOSE PIGEONS ARE CARRIER PIGEONS.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 05:50:46 pm by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2018, 05:51:05 pm »

You still need to add all your stats :P

Damnit, he's right. Adding +2 perception now.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2018, 05:51:24 pm »

I don't think pidgeons were that populous back then.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2018, 05:52:02 pm »

You also get more than a single +1 (+2 in stats with bonus), by the way. Ask the GM for how many stat points you get to add (we're partway through the game so you get extras)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41