Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36144 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2018, 05:53:14 am »

The fake retreat, though, was another of the Mongol specialties, so it’s not necessarily fair to say “the Russians would have won if they hadn’t fallen for the fake retreat”. Plenty of people would have won if they hadn’t fallen for the fake retreat.

But other than that: ok, makes sense. However, we’re not going against people with castles. We’re going against the Cisharni, who have their stronghold in Atlantis and probably don’t have that many forts on the mainland.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2018, 09:12:35 am »

Just found this game. Terrible idea of the week: GM, can I join as a Cisharni defector?

Or more likely a half-Cisharni, because a full Cisharni would be OP compared to everyone else.

So I have a little knowledge of their tactics, but the long-range immortal detection ability only lets me detect them at-range and the Sindari at touch, and nobody trusts me. And otherwise nothing changes. Would that work?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2018, 09:28:29 am »

I’ve actually been thinking: could a new player join as one of China’s variety of draconic immortals?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2018, 09:29:35 am »

Blue, the mechanics for Sindari "aging" (Getting more powerful over time) don't apply, in-universe, to Cisharni. It'd be a little weird for you to play that, but of course I'm not the GM.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2018, 09:59:09 am »

They have already had time to grow stronger
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2018, 10:08:13 am »

I think I'm the closest thing we can have to a Cisharni defector, Cisharni and Nu-Cisharni are physiologically different from us.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2018, 10:29:53 am »

True

The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2018, 11:04:48 am »

Just found this game. Terrible idea of the week: GM, can I join as a Cisharni defector?

Or more likely a half-Cisharni, because a full Cisharni would be OP compared to everyone else.

So I have a little knowledge of their tactics, but the long-range immortal detection ability only lets me detect them at-range and the Sindari at touch, and nobody trusts me. And otherwise nothing changes. Would that work?

Not a terrible idea at all! I do like it, but I’m going to say no to it for now for various reasons, such as being unable to thought share with the other Sindari, which is how everyone knows what everyone else is doing. But you can play a conflicted Sindari, maybe a former Cisharni agent?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2018, 11:05:44 am »

Not a terrible idea at all! I do like it, but I’m going to say no to it for now for various reasons, such as being unable to thought share with the other Sindari, which is how everyone knows what everyone else is doing. But you can play a conflicted Sindari, maybe a former Cisharni agent?

So... me? Also, I think we need to put together an Egypt strike team.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:08:14 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2018, 02:53:36 pm »

So I'm going to point out C2's latest reply IC, and ask what the priority is according to you guys.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2018, 03:03:49 pm »

Mmm... I'm gonna say Egypt. A buff to China stuff is nice and all, but the Pharoah seems like a much more important affair than the very first actions of the war.

EDIT: on a separate note, Blue. Did you find this because you searched Acter or something, or because you saw that I'd been the last person to post and you wanted in on what I was doing? Or was it something else? The Discord?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 03:08:02 pm by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2018, 03:40:13 pm »

Mmm... I'm gonna say Egypt. A buff to China stuff is nice and all, but the Pharoah seems like a much more important affair than the very first actions of the war.

EDIT: on a separate note, Blue. Did you find this because you searched Acter or something, or because you saw that I'd been the last person to post and you wanted in on what I was doing? Or was it something else? The Discord?

Because you. I stalk you now.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2018, 04:29:09 pm »

We all stalk glass on some level

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2018, 04:30:43 pm »

I'm his brother, so it's ok when I do it.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2018, 04:34:27 pm »

*sigh*
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41