Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 9: Still Breathing]  (Read 10332 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 3: Operatic Drama]
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2017, 03:30:21 am »

Hold my hands up in seeming surrender and step back, before suddenly charging towards the dropped Musket and/or either the villager or KJ if either are holding it, and therefore either grabbing it or forcing it into my grasp. Hold the bladed gun up to the villagers in an act of intimidation, before doing a military twirl and stabbing it in KJ's vulnerable face. If at all possible: Proceed to get the fuck out of dodge.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2017, 05:30:43 am »

"KJ has been struck
But your wound, pay it no mind
As we fight this fool."

Almost as an afterthought, she says "Feel free to give him his gun back."

Having composed a quick haiku to soothe KJ and keep both him and the vigilante's focus firmly on Greatness, Blitz stops time using Bernard's Watch to pistolwhip Greatness in the face before delivering a kick to his chin.

((BTW what does the [QR] beside my gun's ammo count mean?))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:54:50 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2017, 08:55:13 am »

"Maybe I'll get a point for this? At least I found some pine cones. They may not be seeds, but they contain plenty of seeds... or was it spores?"

Start shooting the wolves.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2017, 01:00:36 pm »

((BTW what does the [QR] beside my gun's ammo count mean?))

Quick Reload, there's a section in mechanics that covers it. MR and LR stand for Moderate Reload and Long Reload respectively.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2017, 01:15:53 pm »

Run away, find some vegetables somewhere, and fill my artisan pot with them.
"Vegetarianism is the only path to wiki-wars victory!"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2017, 02:00:31 pm »

(Man the bull really got rekt, and on just a 3 damage difference. Such is the power of heavy automatic firearms I suppose. 1 turn until bleed out eh? Hmm, how to fix this situation.)

"We must stop that man! Bull, purge your wounds with lightning and charge him! Guard, stay where you are but take him down!"

Rush Failbird while firing my SMG at him. Have the guard open fire from a distance, either to hit him or provide covering fire. The bull coats its body in lightning to cauterize the injuries and rams Failbird.

(Hope that works.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2017, 03:17:39 pm »

Continue firing. Prioritize bull first.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 4: Farcical Execution]
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2017, 12:45:32 pm »

Round 4: Farcical Execution
Time: Morning

Greatness lifts his hands up and surrenders to the vigilantes. "Right then, about time you did it. Let's pack 'em in boys." The vigilantes encircle Greatness, but sneaky bus driver drops his hands and charges the musket wielding vigilante! [5+2(Tackling) VS. 9] He launches himself forward and wraps his hand around the length of the musket while its holder wrestles it away. The two dig their heels in and jerk the gun around, but the other vigilantes come to the rescue and pull Greatness off before shoving him away. At this point Greatness would intimidate the townspeople and stab KJ in the face, but it's hard to do either one of those actions without some sort of on hand bladed weaponry. So he just runs away. [Speed: 4] Greatness sprints right into the marketplace and then gets winded, forcing him to stop in his tracks. Relying completely on trucks for transportation over the past few years has really taken a toll on his stamina.

KJ gets up, grasping at his neck and merely able to weakly wheeze as his throat begins to fail him. Unable to communicate, he simply gestures for his musket, which is handed over with no fuss. In fact, the vigilantes look quite worried for their new companion, "Shouldn't we get 'em to a doctor? Bastard is in no condition to fight while he's breathing like that..." Despite his medical condition, KJ turns towards Greatness, sinks his knees into the ground, and runs forward with the rifle held high above his head. Normally he'd be battle crying here, but his current status prevents that. [9+1 VS. 2] The truck driver suddenly wishes he would ran farther and turns around, hauling ass through the marketplace, but he's pace is no match for the lightning fast infantryman. When he's close enough, KJ drives the spear of the bayonet downwards and plunges right beneath the area between Greatness's shoulderblades. The Congolese cries out and ungracefully tumbles onto the ground, his legs falling apart under him. He tries to stand up to continue fleeing but he feels no sensation in his legs. Or anything beneath his waist for that matter. And while he can't feel it, he can't help but think that a giant bleed wound has opened up in his back as well.
KJ looks upon his attack and bloodied bayonet, knowing that this latest attack was 95% successful. All he needs to do now is finish-[Breathing:6] Suddenly KJ's breathing becomes increasingly belabored and difficult. He drops to one knee to catch his breath, as much of it as he can. All of his physical actions in the near future are going to prove to be a lot harder now.
The merchants and other townspeople closest to this violent encounter all take a step back.

Failbird doesn't stop with the bullet storm from his tactical location, looking to finish off Person's lightning bull. [1+2 vs. 7] The bull races around panickedly, preventing Failbird from getting a good shot and resulting in him doing nothing but wasting extra bullets. Once the bull has calmed down, Failbird reorients the barrel and tries to finish it off once more. [5+2 vs. 3] More high impact bullets hit the bull in its already marred side, and now stray shots hit it in all parts of the torso like an indiscriminate butcher with a nasty hangover trying to make a burger at 4:05 in the morning. The bull's body gives out under the potent mixture of pain and blood-loss, churning out one last drawn out "Mooooooooo" before crashing into the dirt and fizzling into a contained electrical explosion that lights up the entire town square for a split second. Afterwards, there is nothing left but a sheet of hot ash.

Person's bull magnificently explodes in a blue electrical light right in front of her, but in the midst of battle there is no time to morn, there is only action and revenge. "We must stop that man! Guard, stay where you are but take him down!" Person rushes at the location of Failbird's impromptu machinegun nest, firing off a burst from her Sterling as she closes in the distance. [10+1 vs. 3+1-2] The SMG tears into the fence, so Bird closes his eyes and shields them with his hand for a second, to protect them from flying wood fragments. Once its over, Bird gets right back to looking down his machine gun, immediately ready to retaliate with his own burst. Looking around, he can't get a read on her anywhere, where the hell was she? That's when he hears a shrill whistle and looks upwards at Person precariously balancing herself on top of the fence, her Sterling's barrel pointed down at him like the finger of an angry god.
The Watchman gets up slowly and points his gun towards the wooden fence, preparing to give Person some supporting fire when he hears a single gunshot. "Oh? Did you get him? Can we fix my foot now? I don't want to hobble around like this...
Person has defeated Failbird, gaining 1 Point!
+Article: George Campbell of Inverneill:
 +1 Artillery, + War Horse, +6 Pound Cannon, + Cavalry Saber

Fallacy whispers to himself in his perilous situation, alone in the woods surrounded by predators. "Maybe I'll get a point for this? At least I found some pine cones. They may not be seeds, but they contain plenty of seeds... or was it spores?" By some sudden recollection, the Spaniard reckons that he will not get any points for this, since it isn't related to an ongoing Quest. On the bright side, pinecones definitely have seeds. With that in mind, he does what any responsible forester does by pulling out his gun and shooting at the wildlife. [4+2 Vs. 9] The wolves scatter as Fallacy begins shooting, leaving them unscathed for his first couple shots.
The engineer clutches his revolver close and looks around for signs of the canines, listening closely. One of the wolves jumps out from a bush and lunges at him! [7 vs. 6] Before Fallacy can aim his gun, the wolf bites through his pants and skims the flesh of his ankle before running and disappearing into the bushes again.

NAV runs from the fighting, [Speed: 2] ducking and dodging the people and bullets that whirl around him. In his confusion, he ends up running in a circle multiple times and then getting a little dizzy. Back at square one, he looks around and just to his luck, there's a vegetable garden in a house nearby! The vegetarian happily skips forward and kneels in the garden, plucking a few heads of cabbage and plopping them down into his pot. "Vegetarianism is the only path to wiki-wars victory!" He's about to pluck up some carrots when the door of the nearest house slams open, a big ole' mean looking peasant woman standing in the doorway, wielding a large wooden spoon. "You there! Why are you thieving my garden!?"

Blitz and company catch up with KJ and Greatness soon enough, considering neither of them got very far. The poet clears her breath and recites her latest creation,
"KJ has been struck
But your wound, pay it no mind
As we fight this fool."

[Poetry: 1+3] This poem is not nearly as well received. KJ is still gasping for breath and the vigilantes huddle together and mutter as they discuss the poem. Blitz overhears one of them saying, "Oi, I didn't like this one. Very short, and no rhymes? That's a complete dealbreaker..."
There are urgent matters to attend to, as Greatness is still alive. Half of him at least. Blitz pulls out Bernard's Watch and clicks its magical button, causing everything around her to grind to a halt. Perhaps it's a bit excessive to use it on a partially-functioning target, but why take chances? In the 'Frozen Time', Blitz smashes the butt of her handgun into Greatness's face [3 vs. 7-4] with an overdramatic spinning attack that manages to whiff and leave him untouched. With a frustrated grunt, Blitz throws her foot right underneath his chin [5 vs. 9-4] which hits him right on the button but with no power. Time resumes, and Greatness suddenly feels as though someone has just rudely slapped him on the underside of his mouth but nothing more.
The vigilantes stop criticizing Blitz's poetry to take stock of the situation. "Hey, there's that wanker that's trying to get at us and all our friends! Get 'em!" They encircle the fallen Greatness, [1 vs. 4-4] and begin swinging at him wildly, throwing big punches and elbows. The problem is, Greatness isn't standing up, he's on the ground, and so all the vigilantes idiots are just blindly attacking nothing and only throwing the world's worst mosh pit, even before mosh pits are invented. One of them accidentally steps on Greatness's foot, but it's not like he could feel it anyways.

Darkgamer appears instantly in the center of town. On a sack on his back he carries a mystical Indian idol of the god Ganesh. Also with him is Russian man furiously loading a rifle, "Those damn Bolsheviks...I'll kill all of them..."

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlitzDungeoneer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: kj1225 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: darkgamer (click to show/hide)

Took long enough didn't it? After technical and schedule difficulties, here we are again. I should get those straightened out, shouldn't I?

From now on, Artifacts are in their own category. Artifacts are special items that have mysterious, supernatural properties. Their exact nature won't be revealed, and will require a little deduction.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 10:58:24 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2017, 12:50:54 pm »

Finish off Greatness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2017, 01:30:22 pm »

"Yes, let's get you fixed up. But first..." As the adrenaline wears off, I take a moment to recognize my fallen mount. "You did well. I will not forget your sacrifice."

Loot the LMG and Electric Guitar. Give the guardsman my saber and mount the horse. Search for an NPC doctor.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:22:59 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2017, 04:00:09 pm »

Use my arms to spin me around and do a prone Double Leg Takedown (because that counts), before wrestling the musket away. Because it's really awkward to try and stab someone from that angle, quickly remove the bayonet from the gun and try to stab him Michael Myers style.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2017, 06:31:47 am »

Can i have a character sheet? I'd like to know what i can do.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2017, 07:18:27 am »

Posting to watch.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2017, 08:50:53 am »

Blitz directs the vigilantes to keep attacking Greatness while she ponders their criticism. Perhaps a haiku really wasn't the best choice? Then, once again, this time with feeling...
"I wish you
the best luck
in fighting.

Face turns blue
Air you lack
No breathing.

Breath you drew
Life comes back
Stay living."

Perhaps a tricube would work better for helping him? That said, poetry probably can't solve ALL the problems. Blitz searches for medical supplies too.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2017, 10:59:01 am »

Can i have a character sheet? I'd like to know what i can do.

It got absorbed into NAV's sheet because of some formatting errors but it's up there on it's own now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10