Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 187

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth  (Read 159905 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth
« Reply #405 on: July 18, 2017, 09:46:17 pm »

Forward men! For the Spire! For Bureaucracy!

That tactic gets my vote (unless someone comes up with something better of course).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 18, 2017, 09:54:32 pm »

I'd tell you I'm sorry for posting without realizing what I was missing and removing your vote, but I'm not.

Especially since it doesn't matter now anyway.
-snip-
Now can we get some aspect of our culture OTHER than the demented bureaucracy stuff? Maybe we can be incredibly religious, or perhaps we're highly democratic with a penchant for liberating others. Or maybe both.
Nah, I axed the Type-B+Cannon Cooler+Tactics suggestion myself as it had no one on it, you didn't forget anything except a link to the Pincushion... Although as I have no idea how to attach a URL to the same post without editing it... So it's fine

And your basic cover/ambush tactics is good enough for my vote.

Okay, slow typing caused milo to beat me, and if the three of us are in agreement, I'll append it to our vote
Quote from: Votes
Suppressor Type-B + Skyskiff Pattern B: (1) Nirur
Pincushion + Aethercannon Cooling + CCC: (3) Madman198237, Milo, Jilladilla

Links to voted for revisions:
Suppressor mk2
Suppressor Type-B
Skyskiff Pattern B
Aethercannon Cooling
Pincushion
Crossbow Corridors of Carnage (CCC)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 18, 2017, 09:59:36 pm »

Yeah, we're agreed.
Hoping for rolls by morning! Unless somebody can come up with a better tactic.

I just wish I could know what exactly the Pincushion will end up doing...
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 18, 2017, 10:00:50 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Suppressor Type-B + Skyskiff Pattern B: (1) Nirur
Pincushion + Aethercannon Cooling + (To be written up) Tactics: (3) Madman198237, Milo, Jilladilla
Pincushion + Itshana rebudgeting + Tactics (1): Tack

Links to voted for revisions:
Suppressor mk2
Suppressor Type-B
Skyskiff Pattern B
Aethercannon Cooling
Pincushion

Now can we get some aspect of our culture OTHER than the demented bureaucracy stuff?
My officer training school brief had elements of communist dystopia?

I'm voting we round up the accounting team from the Cloudrunner, turn them into a bureaucrafic hit-squad and send them after the scientists who developed the Itshana selects.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 18, 2017, 10:09:59 pm »

I like the idea of cheaper select the crystals, but for next turn...
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 18, 2017, 10:14:06 pm »

Why Tack? The Itshana Process might be a little expensive, yes; but it succeeded at what it set out to do. And that passive boost to pretty much all of our crystals forever is above and beyond the call of duty! Those scientists should be praised! They just didn't have time to find a cheaper blend.

Still, a possibility for next turn, depending on what intel we get on Kasgyr's tech.

Glory to United Forenia!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 19, 2017, 12:34:08 am »

If we can take it from 1 ore per crystal cost to 1 ore per discrete crystal, we'd be able to afford so many more proper crossbows, and tech.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 19, 2017, 12:39:12 am »

If we can take it from 1 ore per crystal cost to 1 ore per discrete crystal, we'd be able to afford so many more proper crossbows, and tech.
I think that would only happen if we got multiple sixes? And didn't Draignean say that revisions have rapidly diminishing returns?

(Honestly, I would guesstimate that we aren't going to reasonably get any better than 1 ore per 2 crystal cost, and that's with a very good roll)

Glory to United Forenia!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 19, 2017, 12:56:50 am »

This is the first revision.
Because of the diminishing returns, we have most to gain from dropping one dice on it, once, and seeing what we can get.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 19, 2017, 05:46:59 am »

Revisions have diminishing returns, but that doesn't mean a revision on turn 100 will not be exactly as powerful as a revision right now, it just means the first revision for a given project is slightly better than the second, etc. (I'm pretty sure you know this, but I would rather not assume...)

Therefore we can wait until next turn with no I'll effect. On our first turn I expect our new basic crystals t give us a small edge (depending on what they develop of course) next turn we will be working on fixing our weaknesses and finishing the cloud runner, so cheapening select crystals makes perfect sense then.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 19, 2017, 07:57:41 am »

Thinking about our culture a bit.

With regards to the surface, I have two possible stances Wreth might hold:
-It is mankind's manifest destiny to eventually reclaim the surface. The spires are a temporary home, and if it weren't for this blasted war we'd be dedicating our efforts towards anti-monster weaponry, and studying the mist in the hopes of one day dispelling it.
-It is a good thing that the surface was lost to us. The spires represent humanity literally rising to a higher level of existence. Those who go back down to the surface are shunned, for they are lesser beings. If they collect enough silk, they might manage to buy their way back to the higher levels of the spire, though they will never be pure.

Obviously our current military policy is 'total war', but was it always thus?
-No. Prior to Kasgyre growing aggressive, Wreth was a peaceful nation.
-Yes. We have always been proud of our army, which protects our glorious spire. And our preparations have proven to be wise, as we are fully ready to face the Kasgyrian threat.

I suggest the following governmental structure, to go along with our established bureaucracy:
-A meritocracy, wherein positions in government are awarded to those who score well on exams. A wise philosopher-king rules the spire, who is replaced after death or retirement by the most well-suited of his inner circle.
Any suggestions that exams are rigged, that the king is chosen not by merit but by politics, or that the whole system takes up so much of the government's time that they barely get around to actually running the country... is Kasgyrian propaganda.

In regards to the actual game, I'm down with the current leading plan.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 19, 2017, 08:11:27 am »

I like the manifest destiny, though I'd give us a (relatively) peaceful background in engineering, complemented by our well-established bureaucracy built to fund projects large and small.

That way, whenever we reduce the price we can say that "The bureaucracy did it" and all our fluff-filling problems are solved.

Except for the Itshana Select crystals, where we should look for a plant-based alternative to the ore-based chemicals.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 19, 2017, 08:48:07 am »

I like greater beings. Penal harvesters should definitely be a plan for the future.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 19, 2017, 09:38:23 am »

Manifest destiny and previously peaceful. We are not the nasty evil of Kasgyre!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 19, 2017, 12:16:49 pm »

+1 for Manifest Destiny and the Meritocracy

We should totally develop some techs at some point that would make travelling in the mist slightly less suicidal!

Glory to United Forenia!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 187