Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 187

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth  (Read 159895 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth
« Reply #345 on: July 18, 2017, 02:56:26 pm »

Quote from: Battle Plan
Rush "Belt" Spires: (2) Madman198237, Milo
Rush the Unfinished, take homeside demispire: (2) Tack, NUKE9.13
You people seem to be under the impression that the first person to a spire immediately conquers the whole thing, and gets a massive defensive bonus. I'm pretty sure that's not the case, and that it will take 4 turns to conquer an uncontested spire. If that is the case, then yes, rushing the middle makes sense. If it isn't, we only lose one turn's worth of progress by attacking the middle adjacent demi-spire, and gain a guaranteed 6 ore one turn earlier.

Draignean: Sorry to bother you. Does occupying an uncontested spire conquer it immediately, or does it take 4 turns?

Conquering a Spire, any spire, can only be done by one unit of territory at a time. During that time soldiers are clearing out hostile flora and fauna, disabling traps and roadblocks left by retreating enemy forces, and setting up the infrastructure needed to send resources back to the home Spire.

Spires with extremely hostile conditions may resist human contact as though they were garrisoned by a limited enemy force.

So, in essence, the earliest you'll have another spire is the year 356.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 18, 2017, 03:33:17 pm »

I'd go with ONLY using one die to finish the suppressor. If we do anything but that, we should throw TWO dice at it because otherwise our fire support is at risk.

After that, while I STILL don't really like the idea of producing a crappy second-rate transport, using THAT for securing local demispires allows us to double up troops on the middle spires for as long as we want. Sheesh the thread moved along here.

Quote from: Votes
Projects:
1 die into Cloudrunner, 1 die into Suppressor (7 Wood, 1 Ore): (2) NUKE9.13, Nirur
1 Die for Suppressor Progress (1 Wood): (1) Madman198237

New Designs:
None: (3) NUKE9.13, Nirur, Madman

Did somebody do the full math for using a nerfed transport? Because I did all the math for 2 regular transports plus JUST 4 squads' worth of swords a while back, and making one does not seem to check out with making a small transport like that.
Alright, I found it. Looks OK, though we're risking a lot with our limited Ore production. Alright, whatever the safest homeside demi-spire is. It can't have any creatures or our marines will be unable to do anything about it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 18, 2017, 03:42:46 pm »

Projects:
1 die into Cloudrunner, 1 die into Suppressor (7 Wood, 1 Ore): (2) NUKE9.13, Nirur
1 die into Cloudrunner, 2 dice into Suppressor (8 wood, 1 Ore): (1) Jilladilla
1 Die for Suppressor Progress (1 Wood): (1) Madman 198237

New Designs:
None: (4) NUKE9.13, Nirur, Madman198237, Jilladilla

Alright, my reasoning is simple, we are rushing at least one belt spire are we not? Best to absolutely ensure our guys get equipped, and the crossbow is just better than our unreliable guns and potentially won't be able to be defended against like the Aether Gauntlet can (unless they designed body armor of course, but wouldn't armor that covered a large amount of the body be hard on their ore?)

Sure, we can deploy a single fire-team worth of crossbows even if we finish... But that isn't that much...

(Also Madman, note that my plan does leave a lot of wood leftover (Plan Here, note the Budget section), if we're worried about hostile wildlife we can hand out a few crossbows for our local spire claiming forces)

(PS, Madman, a 'budget' transport using a VS Itshana Select Core Crystal costs 7c 7o 7w 2s. (Basically 3 less crystal, 3 more ore compared to a normal transport))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:53:23 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 18, 2017, 03:52:01 pm »

I guess I don't care strongly enough about any of the proposals to vote. I think I'll refrain unless a tiebreaker is needed.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 18, 2017, 04:26:39 pm »

I'm putting together a ruleset clarification for the core thread (basically a summary of the questions from the Spire threads in bullet form, purging information that would tip a team's tactics), but one note in particular from the Kasgyre thread stands out.

If you overspend dice and resources on a project (i.e, you pay resources to roll dice to advance a project twice, but the first roll completes the project) you lose the excess resources spent- BUT you gain the extra dice back in the revision phase.

Sorry, this came up before, but your thread moves so bloody quickly that I didn't catch it until review.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 18, 2017, 04:29:19 pm »

uwot mate
Well, changing my vote to spending two dice on the suppressor, then. Losing 1 wood is nothing to all-but guarantee success. (inb4 we roll snake-eyes)

Projects:
1 die into Cloudrunner, 1 die into Suppressor (7 Wood, 1 Ore): (1) Nirur
1 die into Cloudrunner, 2 dice into Suppressor (8 wood, 1 Ore): (2) Jilladilla, NUKE9.13

New Designs:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 04:31:08 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 18, 2017, 04:30:09 pm »

I'm putting together a ruleset clarification for the core thread (basically a summary of the questions from the Spire threads in bullet form, purging information that would tip a team's tactics), but one note in particular from the Kasgyre thread stands out.

If you overspend dice and resources on a project (i.e, you pay resources to roll dice to advance a project twice, but the first roll completes the project) you lose the excess resources spent- BUT you gain the extra dice back in the revision phase.

Sorry, this came up before, but your thread moves so bloody quickly that I didn't catch it until review.
....OK GUYS LET'S GUARANTEE THE SUPPRESSOR NOW! :D
1 wood per die is nothing to our wood stockpile! (Draignean. You. Are. Awesome.)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 18, 2017, 04:41:00 pm »

Well it's winning anyway, so I won't trouble myself to grab the votebox. That said, I am in favor of 2 dice on the suppressor, and forgot to ask that question...several times now.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 18, 2017, 04:42:50 pm »

So, I guess that's settled. Onwards! (Once Kasgyre gets around)
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 18, 2017, 04:43:53 pm »

Alright, to clarify: We only get ONE revision, right Draig? Even if we have multiple dice?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 18, 2017, 04:45:29 pm »

One revision per item. If we wanted we could revise 5 items per turn. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it is...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 18, 2017, 04:46:09 pm »

Question: If we overspend dice on a new design's initial progress, are they refunded too?

....OK GUYS LET'S GUARANTEE THE SUPPRESSOR NOW! :D
1 wood per die is nothing to our wood stockpile! (Draignean. You. Are. Awesome.)
You say that, but ..

Projects:
1 die into Cloudrunner, 1 die into Suppressor (7 Wood, 1 Ore):
1 die into Cloudrunner, 2 dice into Suppressor (8 wood, 1 Ore): (2) Jilladilla, NUKE9.13
1 die into Cloudrunner, 3 dice into Suppressor (9 wood, 1 Ore): (1) Nirur
New Designs:

I'd really like to revise a production pattern with select crystals. It should help greatly with both combat and hunting down retreating ships. If it cuts down our line's numbers too much, we don't have to use it and it's useful knowledge for the future.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 18, 2017, 04:52:57 pm »

Would it be possible to revise the skyskiff production pattern with a select shroud crystal? That would greatly enhance their survivability, and ships produced from a pattern/line are free!

We would only get 2 refitted/replaced per turn, but still. Massive Improvement!

Can a production pattern be revised? And if so, are the existing items refitted rather than scrapping the old and building new?

Free ships with select crystals at the cost of 1 die? Yes please!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 18, 2017, 04:54:55 pm »

If we revise it now, we get the revised line filled out free, if we use it.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 18, 2017, 04:56:12 pm »

Hmm, true. We need to revise the skyskiff line no matter what then. Answers to my questions will still be nice for later in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 187