Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 187

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth  (Read 159598 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2017, 03:34:12 pm »

You are literally three pulled pins away from that with the stronger bow and lever revision. Most of the "features" you are asking for are already part of the base design.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2017, 03:41:05 pm »

Hey, Tack, the Ripper is a single-shot crossbow. The only difference is it has a name. You may want to switch your vote over.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2017, 03:46:29 pm »

Single-shot with assisted loading to improve maximum draw weight or rate of fire (I mean, you can get a mix of the two for sure, but there's limited reason why you would want an only-slightly-faster, only-slightly-stronger crossbow).

But basically, yes, single shot with improved draw weight and (Hopefully) better raw rate of fire than a standard crossbow without assistance.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 16, 2017, 03:57:07 pm »

Ditch the magazine, switch lever to winch, put steroids in the arms.
Use it for nailing officers in the chest.
It'll only kill one in ten men, but it only needs to.
The naming rights alone would be reason enough for me to reject your vote shmoozing!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2017, 03:59:21 pm »

Naming "rights"? My design is different from yours, built to fulfill a different purpose (Standard weapon of the squad used to peg everyone nearby)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 16, 2017, 04:13:47 pm »

Not your shmoozing
Hey, Tack, the Ripper is a single-shot crossbow. The only difference is it has a name. You may want to switch your vote over.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 16, 2017, 04:17:09 pm »

Uh, I'm not voting for the Ripper. I was just trying to be helpful.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 16, 2017, 04:29:04 pm »

Consolidating your rivals!? Can we spend a revision die to make you a better politician?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 16, 2017, 04:32:04 pm »

We don't want politicians. NUKE's merely being a good ally, pointing out that, even if your opinion differs, you can basically get what you want by signing on with my proposal.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 16, 2017, 04:32:59 pm »

My rivals are the people in Spire Kasgyre. We're all friends here, who may disagree on what the best course of action is, but still remain friendly towards each other.

Edit: Additional proposal for year 3- some kind of improved dinghy or anti-dinghy weapon.
If we're locked in on which spire we're going for, we should capitalise on the unique features of said spire.
Incidentally, in response to this: I'd like to design a hull for a small warship next year. I think our dinghies are actually fine the way they are, at least for now.
And ideally I'd like to open by attacking three different spires- one in each direction (the two unnamed ones next to us, and the Unfinished)

...which would require building three transports, which we may not be able to afford. We'd need 30C, 12O, 21W, 6S.
In fact, I'm pretty sure we can't. Hmm. In that case, we should attack the Unfinished and one neighbouring spire (capturing the Unfinished would be a huge boon due to its crystal production- crystal seems to be the main bottleneck for production)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:39:20 pm by NUKE9.13 »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 16, 2017, 04:36:35 pm »

I think if madman can become slightly less stuck on removing the ability to autofire, and just accept that the suppressor can do either as the situation dictates we could quickly come to a consensus.

I'm fine with single fire being the default, so long as auto fire is still an option for CQB.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 16, 2017, 04:45:36 pm »

Rivals can be friends and don't have to be enemies, but ily too.

Anyway, I was thinking possibly a recconnicanse vehicle.
We're kind of dry on intellligence, it'd be handy to know what's going where.

Unfortunately now is my sleep time, so I'm going to throw down this and go.
Spoiler: HIMBA (click to show/hide)
If someone would be lovely enough to throw it on the board net year?
(But I'd vote for the corvette over it if it gets resubmitted unchanged)

Edit:
I think if madman can become slightly less stuck on removing the ability to autofire.
That also sounds onigiri. Let the votes fall where they may.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:48:13 pm by Tack »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 16, 2017, 04:56:53 pm »

Obviously next year we're (most likely) going to get some form of small warship, what with two proposals on the table for one.
Anyway, four year four....I guess we're going to want to throw every single dice at uncompleted projects, unless we *really* want to start that aetheric autocannon (And possibly sparing a die for a cooling revision for the gauntlet?)

EDIT:
Someone please explain "onigiri" for those of us who don't speak (Japanese, I assume?) whatever Asian (Again, I assume) language that's from.

Anyway, the breathing system is interesting, but all we need is a minimalistic aethersilk web-suit (Covering the whole body), because you can still breathe OK at the altitudes that are dangerous aether-filled.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:59:57 pm by Madman198237 »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 16, 2017, 05:21:33 pm »

Hmm... Maybe we could try to secure the skies of the Unfinished so we can secure Burned Mountain in relative safety?
The ore would help us take advantage of our Itshana Refinement process. It's definitely a good thing but holy heck that ore cost is a bit painful. (I'm not regretting the choice to go with it in the slightest, it was worth it.)

But eh, we'll burn that bridge when we get there...

(Also Madman, if I'm reading this right, I think we have JUST ENOUGH crystal to do a 3 transport blitz at the first turn.
Crystal is realllllllly tight though, only 2 to play with..... Which means we'll more or less have to either leave the Itshana Process at prototype phase..... Or settle with only having 2 transports for the first turn........

Although... If the Itshana Process lets us get away with using Very Small Core and Lift crystals and still have our transports be able to hold at least one squad... We could squeeze a few more transports out of a limited crystal supply. Would strain ore doing all 3 as such though.)

(PS: Onigiri is a rice ball wrapped in seaweed... There's other stuff in it, but that's the TLDR... No clue what's being referenced though. Oh right, it is in fact Japenese.)

Draignean, questions:
Can use undersized crystals in our hulls without a revision? (Obviously it wouldn't give it optimal performance)
Can those crystals be those that have been sent through the Itshana Process?
While the Itshana Process is in prototyping how many crystals can we make with it? Just one boats worth? More?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 16, 2017, 05:26:27 pm »

I'd say complete the Itshana process *first*, and work on crystals *later*. Right now, until we finish that process, anything and everything we make is effectively wasted potential, since the crystals will get so much better and more efficient in like two turns anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 187