Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Tunnel Quest [SG]  (Read 6387 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Tunnel Quest [SG]
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2017, 07:44:06 am »

I think we should build some traps. Can't rely on hunting alone.
The hunters are laying traps.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2017, 10:13:53 am »

The group, or us as a person?

You as a person, not the group.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:30:13 pm by Mooply »

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 12:07:51 pm »

Well if no one wants to make a name for the PC, I'll just default it to Galbroom Weephood unless signified otherwise.

I'm mostly doing it for convenience sake since I tend to write these after work in a slightly delirious fugue state and all the "yous" and such confuse my poor brain.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 01:10:31 pm »

I'll maybe kinda sorta figure out a name. Maybe. Probably not.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2017, 02:45:21 pm »

Jack Spades.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2017, 02:53:33 pm »

Spades Slick Spades for short.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2017, 06:08:19 pm »

Our guy's name could be Legion cuz we bring people together.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2017, 06:08:53 pm »

Hearth?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2017, 07:18:10 pm »

Steve

this is nice. I like the vibe of this setting
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2017, 02:00:52 am »

You decide to rename yourself Hearth as it is a fitting name for a new start. Though holdings are meager now, in time they shall grow as the sweet muck in the flood season.

In the first week of Trundset...

While surveying the local area for plants, the gatherers come across a small nest of bark-like fibers that cross a passageway like the web of a funnel spider. The fibers grow leaves of greenish-orange hue that retract in a spiral pattern when touched. The gatherers taste the leaves and find them to be quite edible, if a bit tough. The gatherers find that the aftertaste leaves their breath feeling as cool as the frigid air and spend their time blowing and sucking in air to experiment. They come to call the plant funnel-frost and haul it back by the pound in tightly woven baskets.

Gathering continues on the sweet-muck and the flesh-vine as well without too much hindrance. The gatherers begin to notice how the plants in the area grow and what sort of habitats they tend to thrive in. However, one of the vines show odd black spots with abnormal growths twice the size of a normal flesh fruit. It was quickly found that the vine was contaminated with rot and the vine is cut down, carefully without touching it with bare skin, and burned away from the other plants. The rot contaminates all it touches and is a constant danger in the lands of Mi'zek. It is said that the rot was once the spark of creation that spread beauty and life to whatever it touched. Yet the folly of man corrupted it, twisted it with their lust for power, and it was reformed in the image of avarice and agony.

+6 food

The hunters pad their way through the old pastures for more game as they become more familiar with the well-worn passages and walkways. They come across a chamber covered in a glue-like extract on the floor. At first the chamber appears empty but Hearth noticed that there was an ever so subtle sound of movement nearby, like a suction cup slowly releasing itself from a hard surface. Upon looking up, the hunters found a collection of odd animals resembling a ball of meat with many appendages jutting out seemingly at random. The creatures traversed the ceiling with these appendages, slowly rolling with each gripper moving into place in a predictable pattern. They were pitifully simple for the hunters to collect. The creatures taste quite good if a bit difficult to carry as they tend to stick to anything they touch.

+9 food

Seer stays behind for the time being and manages the smoke ritual on his own, sending the prayers and hopes of the group into Elly'Asim. It brings a sense of calm to Seer that has been missing for some time. After the ritual, he becomes strangely quiet for many days and does not participate in meals next to the fire. The small charm he keeps with him sits idly in his hands, being flipped around nervously over and over. Seeing something trouble his friend, Hearth approaches and questions him over his odd behavior as of late. He admits that he is not content at how he left his old life behind, namely that he had never properly laid his daughter to rest. He shows the small charm in his hand, a small rectangular object that shines in the light with bits of colored string and shells attached to it. He says that it belonged to his daughter before her passing and that it was customary to burn such possessions with the body so that they may be carried into the next life. He says that he would like to visit the site of her cremation so that he can finally finish the ritual and find peace. The path to his old tribal homeland, the salt-vine wallows of Tilter'Skapen, would be a burdensome trek and he says he would need help in his age to reach it. He would be very grateful if this chapter in his life could finally be concluded. Though, he understands if it is not a priority.

+3 favor
-5 food

You may choose to follow this special task whenever appropriate.

Spoiler: Group (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knowledge (click to show/hide)

How do you spend your people tokens?

Spoiler: Gather (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hunt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Construct (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Explore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Worship (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Task (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 09:02:27 pm by Mooply »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2017, 03:03:08 pm »

It is quite clear that this Rot is a danger.

Plant some crops in an area separate from others. Burn an area, to clear it, preferably one with no edible plants/few edible plants if necessary. One worker.

Also, we'll need to make preparations in order to send people on this journey.
Group of two people to hunt, and Seer will work on producing more durable and sharper tools and weapons.

With a clear abundance of food, a more permanent structure might be an advantageous use of time.
Hearth (Us) will work on producing a wooden storage area and shelter.

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2017, 03:11:29 pm »

There's no formal agriculture yet. You're still gathering from wild plants.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2017, 03:24:15 pm »

I know.

This is a logical way to jump to it, however.

I mean, if you think we wouldn't come up with something, well, it's your world and you understand it and the people in it better than I ever could.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2017, 04:16:05 pm »

He has a tracker for when we get agriculture. We need to use the gather action 8 more times.

I'd say that doing the same thing as we did this past week, but with Seer working on a storehouse instead of praying, and one of the hunters doing the praying, is the way to go.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2017, 05:02:38 pm »

Hunt
Two people.
We will need more food with our growing group.
Go with seer to his daughters grave
Us and seer.
I have a feeling this might disappear if we don't get it out of the way soon.
Construct
One person.
Shelter needs to be expanded.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6