Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: DAYBREAK ACADEMY - New Beginnings and Old Settings [8/9] [IC]  (Read 12706 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

[OOC Link upcoming]

The Academy is an impressive piece of architecture - more like a castle with grounds than a real school. Tall, dark, and expansive, it looms over those assembled - and despite being at the gates, the main building is still several hundred meters away, a huge section of land having been walled off entirely, as if to contain it.
In direct contrast to the Gothic architecture of the building, though, the grounds themselves appear remarkably pleasant, a fact extending to the grassy waiting area just beyond the huge, wrought-iron gates: a small area with a grit path, some simple wooden benches, a few small (but pretty) patches of flowers, and a view of the surrounding countryside - including the small town nestled snugly in the picturesque valleys. Despite its ornate design, the school feels almost like some sort of unsightly blemish when surrounded by so much scenery.

Still, there's time enough to admire it later.
...or now, it seems, as there's no teacher waiting to open the gate.

Day 1 - Arrival
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:22:28 am by Adragis029 »
thincake

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: DAYBREAK ACADEMY - New Beginnings and Old Settings [6/9] [IC]
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 01:47:31 pm »

A blonde boy(?) dressed in khaki pants and an orange jacket stands somewhat stiffly before the gate, apparently just staring inward without doing anything else of note.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 01:47:32 pm »

Dale for his part mainly stared at the establishment as he lugged his bag up. He knew that his tastes were a bit "classical" compared to that of his family, but this was just yanking his chain. A fucking castle? Really? The person choosing the design desicions here should have been shot.... wait, they're probably immune to bullets. Still the point stood. With a sigh, Dale sets his bag down and pulls out his camera, might as well figure out where the best areas to take pictures are. He'd get Leona to give input later, griffons have a sixth sense for castle stuff. Probably because they're the magical mammal equivalent of chunnis according to the internet.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 02:02:43 pm »

An auburn-haired, smallish girl in khaki shorts, a white shirt and a vest is leaning against the wall of the gate, headphones plugged into her phone and listening to songs, bobbing her head along to them.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 04:22:39 pm »

A large figure, having apparently walked a few yards down the fence to examine that part of it, now returns to the main gate. Its footsteps are disconcertingly loud sounds of metal upon concrete, though the figure itself is completely covered by a purple cloak.

It? they? approach the others assembled and stop in front of the gate, occasionally shifting their gaze from it to the blonde(?) boy(??).
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 04:23:56 pm »

Dale checks his watch and shrugs to himself. He decideds to go bother the woman at the gate. Well, the one that was definitely a woman. The other one kind of offended his southern sensibilities for reasons he couldn't place. Seeing that she has headphones in, he waves to get her attention.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 05:02:37 pm »

A tall girl with long black hair in a sundress leans against a wall. She looks very tired, and has a faint smile on her face. She glances over her fellow students.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 05:28:53 pm »

The blonde looks back at the suit of armor. An expression that might be curiosity passes across his(?) face. "Yes?" Their voice is of a moderate pitch, also in that rather androgynous area, and carries a faint robotic echo.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 05:42:32 pm »

The figure looks down at him(?) again. They cock their head.

"...No?"
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 05:45:01 pm »

"I don't understand."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 05:45:54 pm »

". . . Why did you just say "yes"?"
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 05:49:10 pm »

"It was an inquisitive statement intended to ascertain what you desired of this unit."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 05:53:04 pm »

"Oh. Well, I didn't want anything."

The figure adjusts their cloak slightly.

"Just looking."
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 05:58:09 pm »

"I see." The individual frowns for a moment, thinking, before speaking up again. "How were you created?" It was the first time Vijaya had seen another seemingly-thinking being made of metal; there had been prototypes, but none that were capable of carrying on a conversation.
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 06:00:57 pm »

Dale checks his watch and shrugs to himself. He decideds to go bother the woman at the gate. Well, the one that was definitely a woman. The other one kind of offended his southern sensibilities for reasons he couldn't place. Seeing that she has headphones in, he waves to get her attention.
The auburn-haired girl looks up, nodding at them, but doesn't seem to do much else.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22