Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.  (Read 54778 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2017, 07:50:02 pm »

Haha, very nice engraving. It probably won't be noticed by the dwarves much since they don't go down there often.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2017, 08:05:05 pm »

So! I can't find a female dwarf with high introspection because Dwarf Therapist needs to be reinstalled. If you think I know why, you're gravely mistaken. Sorry!

The profiles in-game say things like "values introspection"(for example, my "avatar" in Cloisterphrases has a profile that states "sees introspection as important"), although going through all of them can be a bit daunting depending on how many dorfs we have.  Which raises the question...

How many dwarfs are there right now?
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2017, 11:46:06 pm »

So! I can't find a female dwarf with high introspection because Dwarf Therapist needs to be reinstalled. If you think I know why, you're gravely mistaken. Sorry!

The profiles in-game say things like "values introspection"(for example, my "avatar" in Cloisterphrases has a profile that states "sees introspection as important"), although going through all of them can be a bit daunting depending on how many dorfs we have.  Which raises the question...

How many dwarfs are there right now?

At the present moment? 119. This is why I wanted to do it with Dwarf Therapist, but since it's not working...

Yeah, you'll have to wait till next turn. Mine's almost over anyway, planning on finishing it tonight anyway. Bloop_Bleep's next, and then comes... actually, wait, the order seems to have been butchered. I might have to micromanage a few things.

Haha, very nice engraving. It probably won't be noticed by the dwarves much since they don't go down there often.

Seriously? That's what you say? You're not supposed to be a good sport about this! You're supposed to curse my name for humiliating you, swearing revenge, maybe killing some dwarf the queen is a friend of in rage. Can you give me the satisfaction that comes from slightly miffing you?

And my turn is over, but so is the day. I'll tie up tomorrow and show you what I've been up to in the past couple of months, as well as give you a bit of a list of some things bloop_bleep should know.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 01, 2017, 08:37:04 am »

So, first off, here's what I spent the last couple of months working on: an expansion to the tree farm!

That's right, because the tree farm wasn't big enough. Now it isn't quite done, there are still a bunch of floor tiles hanging over that'll block tree growth. So, bloop_bleep, would you mind finishing this up for me?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's only one of three unfinished Z-levels, but this gives you a good idea of where it is.

So, next order of business, Pikachu17 is still not quite crazy. She's currently locked in her room with a slowly dwindling supply of booze, a dead naked mole dog and a living but wild one. You might have to unlock the doors long enough to get more in there at some point. So keep an eye on it, 'kay?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Third, actually use the tree farms. When I started my turn, it looked like nobody had chopped down some of the trees in years. So chop down them trees!

Fourth and final, there are a bunch of orders to continually create glass blocks, potash, pearlash, collect sand, etc. Basically everything we need to auto produce glass blocks with no input. Just leave em going, by my next turn we should have enough blocks.

So here you go bloop_bleep! Get yourself a dwarfing and have fun!

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2017, 11:30:40 am »

At the present moment? 119. This is why I wanted to do it with Dwarf Therapist, but since it's not working...

That's a lot of dorfs.  I was genuinely curious, by the way, it wasn't some pseudo-passive rubbish.  Honestly, I wouldn't want to look through more than a dozen or so - and even that is a lot of fiddling around.

... Actually, now that I think about it, this save is 0.43.05, yes?  Is there actually a DT version for it now?  Gonna go check the git.

Seriously? That's what you say? You're not supposed to be a good sport about this! You're supposed to curse my name for humiliating you, swearing revenge, maybe killing some dwarf the queen is a friend of in rage. Can you give me the satisfaction that comes from slightly miffing you?

And my turn is over, but so is the day. I'll tie up tomorrow and show you what I've been up to in the past couple of months, as well as give you a bit of a list of some things bloop_bleep should know.

See, this is why I love magma you people.  This made my day.
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2017, 10:34:34 am »

Erm, the tileset seems to be not displaying properly on my computer.

Like, it's in ASCII (which I use) but all the characters are wrong.

Looking back at your screenshots I realize that they have the same problem as well.

How to fix?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2017, 10:50:08 am »

Looking back at your screenshots I realize that they have the same problem as well.

How to fix?

There's pretty much nothing we can do for it now other than just remember to only use ASCII in the next incarnation. Sorry!

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2017, 10:53:51 am »

How to fix?
Its all part of the law.
The mad queen's sins are so horrific, Armok curses our fort to look like a living nightmare where nothing makes sense.
Also the tileset, but nothing we can do about that.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2017, 12:51:45 pm »

But that is really easy to fix. Lazypack can do it in one click, basically: you need to change tileset to ASCII and choose 'yes' when he ask you about updating saves.

Here is the fixed save, if bloop_bleep haven't started his turn yet.
At least it seems to be OK on my PC.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2017, 12:59:39 pm »

The mad queen's sins are so horrific, Armok curses our fort to look like a living nightmare where nothing makes sense.
What do you mean "look like"?  :P

I have started my turn, but haven't done much yet so I'll use hun's save instead.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 02, 2017, 04:49:48 pm »

Sorry for double post, but does anyone know whether webs fall by themselves? Or do you have to use a retracting bridge under them?

I'm asking because I'm thinking of making a silk farm, but waiting for a giant cave spider to go wild on its own would take too much time, so I'm considering using one of our gobbos as bait.

I tried testing in arena, and the answer seems to be that, in fact, webs do not fall by themselves, but it might be different in fort mode.

EDIT: Or, I could use just use Ludosm. Hmmm......

EDIT 2: Yup, I'm using Ludosm. Crazy? Yes. Do I care? No.

EDIT 3: I have a (very) crazy idea, but we need a renewable water source. I... don't think we have it, but I want to make sure with all you guys.

Like, this project is going to take a LOT of water. It might even completely drain that small cavern lake we have.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 05:37:48 pm by bloop_bleep »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 02, 2017, 08:14:43 pm »

I have started my turn, but haven't done much yet so I'll use hun's save instead.

Wait go back to this. What do you mean by this, may I ask?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2017, 08:24:51 pm »

I mean I did start doing stuff, but I didn't accomplish much so I decided to use hun's fixed save instead.

What did you think I meant?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2017, 09:03:13 pm »

I mean I did start doing stuff, but I didn't accomplish much so I decided to use hun's fixed save instead.

What did you think I meant?

Oh! Oh I feel dumb now, I didn't notice Hun's post xD

I thought you meant from Hun's last turn. Carry on.

Also, nice work Hun. We appreciate it!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2017, 11:00:23 pm »

Oh well. So long, spíders!

(Not like I don't have a 0.42.06 LNP set aside for the sole purpose of fixing graphics packs/tilesets back to normal, but hey.) 

@bloop_bleep: It'd be responsible and sane decision to set aside enough water for hospitals.

It's up to you whether you want to do that, though.

As for the webs, wiki states "Note that a simple pit in the harvesting chamber will not work--the bridge is required to cause the "web objects" to drop to the next level (and stack).".

Beyond that, they won't normally be placed when there's already one on tile iirc, so to speed collection along and stack several on single tile making them fall is somewhat helpful.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27