Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)  (Read 18781 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (Accepting Characters)
« Reply #345 on: June 30, 2017, 11:31:46 am »

Poor Tarc, has successfully managed to get the entire science division against him.
Its really more that we decided to do a thing and he decided that we shouldn't do a thing that was kinda like that. Specifically, we discussed bioengineering organisms to make biotech, and he decided that if we gave people genetic or cybernetic augmentations then that's bad. I mean, yes, it started earlier, but that's where the specific issue with the science department came from.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #346 on: June 30, 2017, 11:47:11 am »

This looks interesting, and I'd like to join, if possible. Is there any slots left?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 30, 2017, 11:52:24 am »

Yeah.

If possible, you should pop on Discord. We can explain things faster on Discord.

Otherwise, pick out the type of character you want and post a sheet. I'll say we're running short on operatives (Ship captains, spies, diplomatic service members, space marines, you name it, we probably need it) but do NOT let that stop you.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 30, 2017, 12:56:20 pm »

I firmly believe that in his values as a leader he'll be one of the most powerful people, despite the minorities dislike.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 30, 2017, 01:08:36 pm »

: Currently die roping his s liability as to what character will work on. Land d on computers. Wanted chemistry. Oth well.:

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 30, 2017, 02:06:18 pm »

just typed up a little description of the ship and character below.

Bar'Quaria Marloss, the Augmented Hanarian Admiral.

Bar'Quaria stands at an imposing (for his species) 5'9.  However, he is broad-shouldered and very well built, just like the rest of his species. his skin is a fair purple, his eyes beady and black-purple, they almost reflect the light. It is obvious from the way he stands that he must be some sort of authority figure.

If he were to take his excellent set of torso coverings, one would not the metal and implants that cover his spine, ending with a single port on the base of his spine, which can be connected any technology that has a port.

Bar'Quaria Marloss is the admiral of a small fleet of ships, no more than a small portion of the entire navy while commanding his own Battle Cruiser, the RNV Sinkable. It is notable for being the singular ship salvaged straight from an abandoned shipyard of a dying star system. It was supposed to be a ship of unheralded power with the theoretical ability to supposedly glass planets, but the reality comes far short. The laser that at one point spanned the entire interior of the ship is now only up to the exterior portions of the area due to the looting of long past, it could barely pierce an atmosphere now, much fewer scar continents. the rest of the ship did not fare as well in the process of completing it with inferior technology. its other weapons are standard, or even worse than the rest of the fleet, but it is made up for that with ample internal space for  ground side operations, and is the designated orbital presence, the recovered blueprints even note that the ship could freely enter and exit a Terran Atmosphere if a retrofit on its engines are completed.

the SNV Sinkable is a Siege Cruiser, the main gun could fire upon ships, but it is not as likely to hit as its deck guns. Its main weapon can act as a tactical or strategic strike weapon against planets, but it would be left vulnerable when doing such acts. it has ample space for the deployment of ground assets. the space that was once used by its laser was replaced with some support structure, in various forms to relieve the otherwise horrific logistical strain that maintaining such a war machine would have.

It is highly likely that the Sinkable will work with ground side assets in missions.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 30, 2017, 02:28:14 pm »

Welcome Gwolfski
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 30, 2017, 03:21:02 pm »

Hey Gwolfski! Glad you answered the call.
The sheet will need a name, department, race (you can basically just make up anything, we've got 20% assorted species), a position, something you're good at, and something that's a problem for you.

Um, ok, Saraket's description. Ok.

Well, we've established he's a winged/"air" Draqon, so he's got wings, and pale (specifically, very pale yellow) scales. He's a bit tall for an air Draqon, at 6'7 (the average is 6'4), though he's pretty lanky, almost to the point of being underweight.

When talking, he has a habit of gesturing wildly with both his hands and his wings; since he has fairly little spatial awareness, this tends to end poorly for nearby onlookers and fragile objects. 

His personal workshop is a maze of discarded and broken junk, kept for parts with which he'll make his improbable inventions. Surprisingly, he can navigate his lab deftly, barely brushing the precarious piles of junk found within. No one else has successfully stayed in his lab for more than two minutes without bumping into something.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 30, 2017, 03:37:46 pm »

Gumo "s appearance:  Is a member of space dwarves and is a retired warrior. After a battle requiring he need a cyborg body to stay alive. His form is 5'3 which is tall for a Dwarves, just as broad as a dwarf. His body is mostly brand n, spine and organs in a shell around skeleton and muscle. Thick metal body, servo tail for fashionable n, has spare manipulator tentacles for handling and houses a Swiss army array of stuff in his metallic body. He has six servo eyes which are led lens, his legs are normalize.

His work space is shockingly clean. Though his living space is a wreck. And has a liquid diet.

Cam modifiy his voice. Keeps it Sean Connery mostly.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)
« Reply #354 on: June 30, 2017, 04:28:39 pm »

Main/IC thread is up! Available here.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 30, 2017, 07:08:23 pm »

Hey, Tntey, I'd recommend changing that ship name to start with RDV CL-1, that is, Randiri Diplomat Vessel, Cruise Liner ver. 1. It fits better with the system we established.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 30, 2017, 07:11:39 pm »

So government gets V for vessel instead of S for ship?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 30, 2017, 07:13:56 pm »

{///START_TRANSMIT////}
%ACCESSING_DATA_MODULE_27-3%
Name:Frank
%ACCESSING_DATA_MODULE_48-3.6%
Race: Android
%ACCESSING_DATA_MODULE_4-0.55%
Department:Night raiders
%ACCESSING_DATA_MODULE_78.6%
Role:operative
%ACCESSING_DATA_MODULE_93-56.9%
Skill:heavy weapons
#ACCESSING_SUB_MODULE_93-56.9/67.9#
(heavy machine guns)
%ACCESSING_DATA_MODULE_*ERROR*%
Liability:Unit does NOT like water
Easy to hear ( exposed wires and joints make alot of noise)
{///END_TRANSMIT///}
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 30, 2017, 07:42:33 pm »

So government gets V for vessel instead of S for ship?
Correct, especially if the ship is armed. Unarmed escape vessels are ships, while armed ones are vessels, so that's another difference.

{///START_TRANSMIT////}
%ACCESSING_DATA_MODULE_27-3%
Name:Frank
%ACCESSING_DATA_MODULE_48-3.6%
Race: Android
%ACCESSING_DATA_MODULE_4-0.55%
Department:Night raiders
%ACCESSING_DATA_MODULE_78.6%
Role:operative
%ACCESSING_DATA_MODULE_93-56.9%
Skill:heavy weapons
#ACCESSING_SUB_MODULE_93-56.9/67.9#
(heavy machine guns)
%ACCESSING_DATA_MODULE_*ERROR*%
Liability:Unit does NOT like water
Easy to hear ( exposed wires and joints make alot of noise)
{///END_TRANSMIT///}
Ahoy there, Codybob, and welcome!

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 30, 2017, 10:22:42 pm »

Cody bob: Android Death Machine. Welcome! Looks like a very interesting character. The Night Raiders are a good fit, though the Skyjumpers are also a good choice.

I'll do the next update tomorrow. Looking pretty good overall, make sure what you are attempting to do is clear. Especially if you are a leader, try to let me know what your character is focusing the most on for this turn.

Night Raiders have access to 4 Raider class frigates and 2 dropships (frigate sized transports made for hostile landings)

Recon has 3 survey vessels, frigate sized with simple stealth technology (dampened engines) and advanced sensors.

Glass your project would be extremely difficult, and has a negative modifier of -10.
Madman: Your project is more doable, but is large scale so -3 modifier.
Tyrant: Hmm I'm going to say -4 modifier on this one.
You can reduce negative modifiers through experiments (usually -1, but can go to -2) which you need to come up with :P
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:25:31 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27