Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)  (Read 18811 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (Accepting Characters)
« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2017, 11:20:39 am »

What sort of twisted---

Never mind. I literally don't want to know. As you as you accept the superiority of Bay 12 over all other possible forums, then we can accept you.

Mostly. First you have to die a horribly violent DF death, but we assume you've accomplished that already.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2017, 11:22:51 am »

*ahem*

I don't play DF. You don't need to experience !!fun!! to be accepted here.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 29, 2017, 11:23:49 am »

BLASPHEMY

Although to be honest, I don't play DF much anymore. I don't usually have the attention span for a game that just...keeps going. Without changing much. Especially because I've never had great luck in causing myself to have hundreds of sieges or anything !!FUN!! like that.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2017, 11:24:22 am »

Doing science like a REAL MAN!

I also have never played DF.

EDIT: The hell kind of forum were you on Leviathan?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2017, 11:25:00 am »

Death by lava mishappenings and the dreaded sponge here.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 29, 2017, 11:26:56 am »

Doing science like a REAL MAN!

I also have never played DF.

EDIT: The hell kind of forum were you on Leviathan?

Debate forum that dabbled in RPGs. Adventure mostly. While I try saving the world, everyone else wanted to be angst ridden teenage girls, with issues. Enough, said.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 29, 2017, 11:38:10 am »

As for another matter: Do we have artificial gravity? Kinda need it or health issues in which cause need to make loops with n ship for it or take over a planet with time. Otherwise the cardio systems were n our bodies will fail in time.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 29, 2017, 11:42:41 am »

As for another matter: Do we have artificial gravity? Kinda need it or health issues in which cause need to make loops with n ship for it or take over a planet with time. Otherwise the cardio systems were n our bodies will fail in time.
Probably.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 29, 2017, 12:12:29 pm »

So all inventors, I think it would be best to fit you in the Randiri Department of Scientific Advancement. Each inventor would be able to pursue his own line of research. If you want to elect a head scientist you can, but it won't be required at the moment. Though someone might be needed to organize and collect all of the notes and advancements the mad scientists leave all over the place :P
Was reading back through and found this.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 29, 2017, 12:27:51 pm »

I think we need someone to archive our stuff but do not need a lead researcher just yet.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2017, 01:00:15 pm »

VoidSlayer: The Tarn SkyJumper. Aww yeah I was hoping we'd get a SkyJumper! Looks good, though for the skills you should pick one of those to receive a bonus for (I'm guessing it'll be for heavy weapons). Looks like a really cool and interesting character!

As far as starting technology, you do have some form of lasers, though I haven't picked a "kind" or flavor of lasers really.

+1 for civil discussion, thanks Tir

Theoretically, you could produce 3 inventions per turn, though I think practically that most advanced stuff would take several turns. Modifications could be done in one turn, minor inventions 1-3, new advances 3-6, major advances 6+. It's something that I'll figure out during play and stuff.

I'll be fleshing out the rules a bit more today, especially for leaders and quartermasters, but I'm aiming to get this going by tomorrow.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 29, 2017, 01:02:55 pm »

:D
Yes! Tomorrow!
Hopefully not Valve Time tomorrow!

EDIT: Ah, yes, I nearly forgot: the obligatory pagely invite.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:16:43 pm by Glass »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 29, 2017, 01:05:25 pm »

Name: Amelia
Race: Felis
Department: Government/Navy
Role: Central/Executive Officer [Quartermaster]
Skill: Intelligence Agent -- Skilled in various forms of combat and communication, and personally excelling in the art of logistics, Amelia has the ability and conditioning for training and leading others, alongside holding her own in personal battles, either physically or socially.
Liability: Naval Command -- Ships, specifically those in space combat or otherwise (non-atmospheric combat), have never been her forte and her skills as a commander or officer for space fleets have been only as far as the common officer. While her acumen in wits and communication fulfill and excel in handling and being with generally and kind of personnel, she is averse towards impersonal control.

((So my character can be bluntly called a feline anthropomorphic quartermaster :v))

Edit: Yay more fleshing out the roles \o/
I'm very curious how to balance this one out due to the skills involved and the nature of a liability. <_>

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 29, 2017, 01:09:27 pm »

Are we going to have a central quartermaster for all the departments?  Right now we really only have 1 operative per department, besides R&D, so I do not think we need one for each department.

As for boarding torpedo ships... yes.  Please.

Yeah heavy weapons as the bonus skill would be fine.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 29, 2017, 01:22:05 pm »

Sounds to me there is going to be a list of stuff with point value and list of points. Quartermaster balances it out. Inventors make stuff for list. Leader just st bosses people around and operatives do their best to get the dirty work done.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27