Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)  (Read 18820 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (3rd Round: Space Nomads)
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2017, 09:25:17 pm »

It sounds like the GM might have races in mind, so I hesitate to choose them.

But then again, I'm not sure. Also, if we ARE going to be inventing our own races, we are going to have a race of sauroids with natural resistance to the vacuum and armored carapaces. Like these guys:

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2017, 09:29:34 pm »

50% Human for a nice round number. All others random. So wait, are we part of a fleet or the entire nation? I believe the vote was "Entire nation on the move" and the debate was "Method of travel" though I could be wrong. The intro you've given makes it sound like we're just a part of a grander fleet.

As for the name...
How about Randiri?

Population: One million. I'd say that that gives us perhaps 800k on the colony vessel/habitation vessel, plus 200k on the assorted other ships.

Government: Definitely a Republic, though the President can be overruled  (With regards to his control of the military) in times of threat by the Admiral of the Fleet, though he or she can request that the Admiral partake in surrender negotiations (Just in case), and must be heeded.

I'd say neutral, but leaning towards Republic.

What departments do you plan on having? And will there be civilian companies on the mothership?

Good questions/points! I'll be leaving a lot up to you all to create and fill in details as you want. Yeah, you are an independent nation. You either seceded from the fleet, or the rest of the fleet was lost to disaster or war. You are on your own.

Departments and civilian companies are up for you to create and decide, though that will be a part of character creation.

I don't have any particular races in mind. It is a big galaxy, so there is room for sauroids! Feel free to invent!

Fleet name: the Redwings

Pop %: 25% human, 20% draqon (think D&D dragonborns), 15% space elves (not the official name, obviously, please contribute one), 15% space dwarves (see previous parentheses), 25% other assorted races

Government style: Republic for most stuff, chain of command for the military branches (duh) and for emergency periods of martial law

Friendly to the Republic, but not on bad terms with the Empire (this allowed?)

Does all this sound good?
Sounds good! You aren't at war with the Empire by any means, but they don't look favorably on your fleet by any means (If they even know who you are)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2017, 09:44:38 pm »

YES! The biologically-armored shock troopers are a go!
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2017, 09:52:03 pm »

I made some edits for my suggestion, to fill in some of the things I missed.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2017, 10:15:58 pm »

We could do like ancient Persia but n being a Hegemony but with a Roman style senate. Asid a central leader. Basically each world Ship governs itself in culture and personal affairs. But the big guy gets to make action be on big important matters that affect all, and senate/others deal with in we Ship affairs/self get vernment as their Ship elected them to that seat. I am all for reduced bots and nonhumans. But human needs to be main. Curious to tech level.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2017, 10:16:44 pm »

I honestly don't care. Plentiful numbers of humans, and just enough shock-trooper Sauroids to make up the marine detachments.

Perhaps give some form of talents to the other aliens? Perhaps the draqonkin are adept at weaponry and nomadic, and thus joined up with this nation adrift.

Perhaps the Space Elves are greedy (I'd love Space High Elves, but this is B12, I guess. Actually, some of our enemies need to have pointed ears and ridiculous grown weaponry. That way, our Space Elves can be Tolkien-esque High Elves, adept with making things and highly intelligent)
Nevermind. The Space Elves are as above.

Space Dwarves: Good with engineering and great in crawlspaces. They'll take spots on any spacefaring vessel that will take them, even if they do have a bit of a reputation as tinkerers who will occasionally grab the nearest object to repurpose into some remarkable device....forgetting who owns it.

The Sauroids are native to the Randiri (Still voting for this name for our nation) homeworld itself, and so, though few in number, when the humans left, so did they. They are incredibly strong and tough, and intelligent as well, though they only equal humans.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2017, 10:21:10 pm »

I was thinking as tech guy to have organic tech, grow whatever the hell we want to fight for us on a whim ( and even organic ships. I time. Prophet Style)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2017, 10:23:42 pm »

Perhaps the Sauroids use organic tech as well. Would be quite interesting, as our fleets would be mergers of organic and regular technology if my background lore is accepted.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2017, 10:27:03 pm »

We could do like ancient Persia but n being a Hegemony but with a Roman style senate. Asid a central leader. Basically each world Ship governs itself in culture and personal affairs. But the big guy gets to make action be on big important matters that affect all, and senate/others deal with in we Ship affairs/self get vernment as their Ship elected them to that seat.
+1, good ideas.

I am all for reduced bots and nonhumans. But human needs to be main.
-1, it's more interesting (in my opinion) when you have a lot of people that aren't humans. Humans are frankly pretty boring.

Perhaps the draqonkin are adept at weaponry and nomadic, and thus joined up with this nation adrift.
The original idea that these guys actually came from a fantasy setting I came up with, with them fitting into 5 elemental groups (the usual fire, air, water, earth, plus plants) with associated homelands and colors. Your idea basically fits in with the fire/red Draqons. I'd like to note that the fire and air one are probably the two that would be distinguished from the other races we have; the fire Draqons are the weaponsmiths and dragon (or equivalent) tamers, while the air ones are the only ones with wings, and are the more nomadic group.

Edits after new posts:
I was thinking as tech guy to have organic tech, grow whatever the hell we want to fight for us on a whim ( and even organic ships. I time. Prophet Style)
Perhaps the Sauroids use organic tech as well. Would be quite interesting, as our fleets would be mergers of organic and regular technology if my background lore is accepted.
Very yes, +1, cyborg ships would be awesome.
TL, you design me some metal trees and I will do all the things everywhere.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2017, 10:32:55 pm »

That's why I picked inventor role. I wrote up equipment/ stat things in our home brew all the time. Just needed help with plot. : has many ideas here.:

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2017, 10:36:13 pm »

As do I. It will be enjoyable working with you. :D

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2017, 10:39:39 pm »

^_^  Yeah got ideas of some tools so far. Ground personal, survival and space shipnwise. Will be a pleasure contributing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2017, 10:45:44 pm »

You mean if I handle metallic tech you'll handle organic and we'll meet in the definitely-metallic-skewed center?

I'm game. We can be the official Designers/Flesh Architects/or possibly the MADMEN (Moss And Metallics Mega-Engineering, Naval)
If you can fix my acronym, please do. I'll try. In the morning.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2017, 10:50:40 pm »

Not just meat. I value steel too. But we can make a lovely blend.

As for a our branch (research) we should be called something. How does the Technopathy sound?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2017, 12:33:23 am »

I'm cool with whatever name we come up with, and the population.

+1 For Military Chain of Command
+1 For Neutral Foreign Relations

Better we go with practical, realistic politics rather than trying to align to the empire or the republic.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27