Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 38489 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2017, 05:21:40 pm »

Aye, would it be faster to send it though a mutual trading partner rather then open trade with each other? For example if I wanted to trade with Iituem next turn, can I do that, and the stuff will arrive the turn after? Or is there like, an extra turn of delay, making it just as fast for me to open a trade route with Iituem, wait for a turn, then make a trade?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2017, 05:28:43 pm »

How does that work? Does sending money/tech through several people take several turns, just one extra turn with anyone being able to steal it, is it tentatively given with the possibility of it being taken away?
It'll take one extra turn (regardless of how many links there are in the chain) compared to having a direct trade route. During that intervening turn, the intervening nations will all have the option to intercept the courier(s). They won't be told what they are carrying, but will know the sender and recipient. If any of those nations choose to intercept all the sender and recipient will be told is that the courier was intercepted during the journey, they will not be told who by. If multiple intervening nations choose to intercept the courier, the first nation in the chain will succeed.

Aye, would it be faster to send it though a mutual trading partner rather then open trade with each other? For example if I wanted to trade with Iituem next turn, can I do that, and the stuff will arrive the turn after? Or is there like, an extra turn of delay, making it just as fast for me to open a trade route with Iituem, wait for a turn, then make a trade?
In the case of one intervening nation it would be just as quick to open a trade route then do the trade.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2017, 06:22:43 pm »

Auuugh. Really wanta attack Dalton S, but it feels like with just 6 spearmen it'd be the riskiest attack I've done in a while. I'm right on that line, if I had one more damaged unit I'd wait a turn for them to heal for sure, one less damaged unit and I'd feel pretty comfortable in the attack.

Anyway. I captured a lumber province, does anyone have mechanics that they might be interested in selling? You know, once the trade routes get set up.

Also if anyone has researched siege tech, that'd be cool. I'm starting to hit walls, so an engineer would be nice. Although I'm not sure that the trade routes will get up fast enough for me for that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 06:26:55 pm by Criptfeind »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2017, 06:31:26 pm »

Engineers are basic units Cript.
Also, as a temporary interim floating advisor I think with your spearmen, and your hero, and Weaponsmithing, you should be more than okay. Its only an orange. A bit risky, but even a few losses should be recovered by its value.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2017, 06:36:20 pm »

Ah. I see. Thanks. I read the siege I next to them as a requirement... But now that you point it out it obviously doesn't have the "tech:" part. Thanks ghost adviser Terenos! Another day saved.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 15, 2017, 06:38:13 pm »

Yeah, that should be an easy win.

Terenos, be less revealing if you must kibitz.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 15, 2017, 06:40:27 pm »

If its known information. I discuss it freely. And I believe all of that was known, and revealed by other in this thread. You may contrast this with my post advising Tiruin, which is spoilered.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 15, 2017, 06:49:00 pm »

Yeah. That should all be known. And to be honest, I don't think of the stuff in my turn spoiler as very secret anyway, so even if that wasn't all 'known' information, I still wouldn't care.

Edit: Kashyyk. Walls say they have a 20 money upkeep, but I'm only paying 10 moneys in upkeep on the walls in the place I took? Is typo?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:56:16 pm by Criptfeind »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2017, 08:19:21 pm »

Kashyyk, with regards to the new building upgrades do you need to (for example) build a Farm before replacing it with an Improved Farm or can you just build an Improved Farm straight away?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2017, 01:21:07 am »

Edit: Kashyyk. Walls say they have a 20 money upkeep, but I'm only paying 10 moneys in upkeep on the walls in the place I took? Is typo?
Typo in the rules.  Should only be £10.

Kashyyk, with regards to the new building upgrades do you need to (for example) build a Farm before replacing it with an Improved Farm or can you just build an Improved Farm straight away?
You need to build the prerequisite first.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2017, 01:30:40 am »

If its known information. I discuss it freely. And I believe all of that was known, and revealed by other in this thread. You may contrast this with my post advising Tiruin, which is spoilered.
I literally have no idea what Cript did other than him having a ton more stuff than I do, and paranoia about being backstabbed, which is more an in-joke than anything else :P

Also if I pick my choice as my caravan has arrived, do I get the money this turn? :D It'd help a lot if that happened (as I'd pick [sure, set it up now])

Otherwise, the Alliance has a statement to make.

Quote from: Not for Imperial Eyes
In combat of the southern parts of our lands, the Alliance is grateful to the Principality of Pork for their aid. By their victory, a statement is made, to be publicly spread by word of mouth to others.

Magic exists, and due to curiosities of open-minded men, the Alliance feels it safe to disclose information. In the battle for South Owldale, a curious event has occurred--the appearance of defenses where there were none, termed as an Illusionary or Illusiory/Illusory Ward, with the spelling to be formalized in the coming season. What this is, is an attempt from what we recall to relink our ancestry in the world with that which is treated as anathema by the Empire. The Illusory Ward acts as a preface to a trap, which once discovered, 'dispells' itself in its entirety, whether it has been activated or otherwise by its purpose--in this case, the death of any attackers.

To the other nations outside of Imperial control, beware.
Seems like we've come across the first extreme-unit. Kill one and die, or fail and die.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:49:03 am by Tiruin »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 16, 2017, 01:36:38 am »

It takes a full turn to complete the trade mission,  so you'd get it next turn. If you wanted it to move further you'd get it the turn after. You stop moving.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 16, 2017, 02:55:15 am »

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 16, 2017, 03:28:00 am »

-snip-
Anyway. I captured a lumber province, does anyone have mechanics that they might be interested in selling? You know, once the trade routes get set up.

-snip-
I could sell you that technology but it will take a while as Two others must establish trade routes first. It is a good technology.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 16, 2017, 04:53:43 am »

I like how it says Lower Ostley  has been liberated. Despite the fact that it's more or less been taken over by some other group.

-snip-

-snip-
I could sell you that technology but it will take a while as Two others must establish trade routes first. It is a good technology.

Sure. We're a reasonable number of turns away. I'll probably wait until we hook up, then buy/trade for it.

Seems like we've come across the first extreme-unit. Kill one and die, or fail and die.

Sounds like the wards from the first game. They were cost effective defenses. With the downside that they died after each kill and couldn't move. Weren't to my tastes personally because I didn't feel like the defensive game was for me (I basically had Taricus defending me lol.) but they were pretty powerful in the right fight.... Illusory though. I wonder if my mindless blightlings are immune to them? Hey Kashyyk, do mindless units auto win against illusions if the illusion is forced to fight against them? (although I guess an illusion would always avoid fighting a mindless until there's no other non support units left, right?)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37