Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 38478 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2017, 04:47:20 pm »

Spoiler: Trade Pacts (click to show/hide)

I've adjusted the document Iituem wrote, for which I thank you. Whilst we're on the topic, please ask any more questions you have, and I'll add them to this then put them it in the OP of the main thread.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2017, 04:57:27 pm »

If your trading with other people though though another party, and they cease to exist, can your trade route continue though whoever took them over, or does it need to be specifically though them?

As a long and complicated example of what I mean and fit in a few other questions, imagine that Brimstone is trading though Revakn to Storm to Yorturim to Pollock. Corax attacks and annihilates Yorturim over a few turns, and in the first turn it takes over it's major trade hub, does that break the trade between Pollock and the others? If not, Tensions rise, allies line up on each side, and Corax blockades the trade route that goes though it's new lands from Brimstone to Pollock specifically. After a number of turns, A brimstone fleet lands and annihilates Corax, or at the least takes over the territories that the trade route to Pollock goes though, does that reopen trade between Brimstone and Pollock despite the original route being set up though a now non existent Yorturim?

Don't mean anything by using specific names, just figure it's easier to see exactly what I mean by using real geography  in the game rather then abstract a+b+c

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2017, 05:09:09 pm »

Already answered. Conquering a province destroys any routes stopping in it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2017, 05:10:17 pm »

Ah. Alright. Thanks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2017, 05:14:20 pm »

Only the trade routes that terminate in a captured territory will be dissolved. However, any trade route that passes through a captured territory will be disrupted for that turn. Thus if Tiruin acted as the hub of a spiderweb of trade and got into a war with the Old Empire, the war could disrupt a lot of trade if territories regularly changed hands. The various armies involved may choose to raid or block trade in the area as well, further complicating things.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2017, 09:40:03 pm »

:))
^ TFW you really want to play and RP a lore-based pacifist nation, and it works out (at least in the start when people are greater in armies and can crush you, but they trust you instead)
I shouldn't have gotten into trying these communication shorthands that are widespread over the internet now x.x Is that how it's done?

Only the trade routes that terminate in a captured territory will be dissolved. However, any trade route that passes through a captured territory will be disrupted for that turn. Thus if Tiruin acted as the hub of a spiderweb of trade and got into a war with the Old Empire, the war could disrupt a lot of trade if territories regularly changed hands. The various armies involved may choose to raid or block trade in the area as well, further complicating things.
They can't go to war with me!

I pay my taxes! D:< (And will probably throw them a trophy if I ever get to a local event that has monsters that aren't human peasants or otherwise, for proof that we're seriously a wilderlands agency)
That 700 wasted a whole turn and more. Hmph!

I'll probably go into bribery to lessen the actual % of my pay. Like a flat tax of 100 until I get 2000 income. :v

Indeed, some level of redundancy is good. you probably want your own personal lines to various points. If Tiruin attacked me in a few turns, I'd be screwed since I'm totally relying on her for my trade and would be immediately blockaded. Even if I won it'd take a lengthy rebuilding process to remake the vital trade routes. Equally, I couldn't attack her without a lengthy and expensive disruption. Tactically you'll want to spread to a few different entrances in the link to avoid any one specific conflict cutting you off... Not that that'll help if you become a pariah, which we learned in the last game getting totally cut off from trade is a very easy and passive aggressive way to cripple a nation before killing them.
Y'all have my word that I won't attack anyone even if the opportunity arises. :P Also because I'd love to be that spiderweb of trade (problem being me and the west, goes right through the middle of the Empire. Dual problem being that that's the THINNEST provincial line :3 [Picture it starting from N Beaton])

And/or send me 1000 in moneys to start up caravans :3 I'll split shares with everyone. (Pay back 1000 if it's a profit and get the rest, obviously open to other deals)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2017, 06:43:20 pm »

OOC Note:  I looked at your spoiler for Turn 0, Cript, purely to get the name of your capital city.  I didn't check any other information, but the knowledge that you probably had 4 Light Macemen back on Turn 0 isn't really a tactical loss, so I figured it would be safe.

About a month after the arrival of Penelope of House Iodrite in Boar's Peak, an ox-driven carriage flanked by an honour guard of a dozen spear-pigs arrives in Brightlin in East Maver.  Three carts stacked with sacks and bolts of cloth follow, as well as a number of human figures with heavy wooden weights tied between their ankles and bound wrists.

Spoiler: The Brimstone Republic (click to show/hide)

As the town of Tieham continues to be cleared of bodies, the porcine army begins the process of binding the surviving spearmen who defended the town for transport back to Pork, save for a small number of the choicest captives sent north to Brimstone.  Princess Gruntsnuffle and her staff, in the mean time, have taken up residence in one of the nicer buildings, an old inn, while they make preparations to leave.  A new force of swinefolk arrive in short order, bringing tools and materials to begin laying the foundation of permanent roads linking the province to Boar's Peak.  As the Princess dines on some choice cuts of roasted Owlsdale defender, she pens a letter to Talarys Revande.

Spoiler: The Alliance of Revakn (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 17, 2017, 10:37:46 pm »

Hey Kashyyk: If you use a diplomat to embezzle funds from a neutral territory, will that eventually cause them to disband part of their defensive force for lack of money? Assuming they fail to catch your diplomat.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 18, 2017, 02:13:50 am »

If it puts them in debt,  yes. They will also get upset with you and attempt some form of retaliation if they work out who did it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2017, 06:17:15 pm »

Them working out who did it generally=failing the roll to embezzle?

Edit: Also to Iituem, might make an rpy response later, but for now, yeah, I'm okay having the deal happen in 3 turns of course. No skin off my nose etc.

Also are you two going to go in against the source of the disturbance? It was Cauldron C if I recall, right? Who owns that in your little dealing? I also can't help but notice that from there we can open up trade with Novatechs, which would be cool... Although I have no idea if they'd be up for it, I can't recall ever seeing them post in this thread, and also they don't appear to. Have done anything. Just sitting there on one province... Unlike you they aren't surrounded by greens and bad decisions. Suspicious!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:51:15 pm by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2017, 04:09:12 am »

Oh, C Cauldron's going down.  It's just not going down until so many troops are healed.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2017, 05:48:56 am »

Oh. I guess I should have asked this previously, but do we get any cash back for deconstructing a building? I know that's like... Sometimes a thing in 4x games, and sometimes not.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2017, 06:56:02 am »

You'll receive half the value of the building, and it will be deconstructed by one level. So if you demolish an Improved Farm, you would end up with £500 and a regular Farm.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 19, 2017, 07:12:08 am »

How many buildings can we construct in a territory in one turn? Also, is there any way of increasing the value of trade pacts?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 19, 2017, 07:15:09 am »

You can construct as many as you can afford, but you can't construct a building and it's post-requisite in one turn.

For increasing Trade Pacts, try research.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37