Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 173940 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Fiery Aftermath [9/10]
« Reply #1905 on: November 27, 2017, 05:20:36 pm »

Huh. Cool. Just remember, you also get skill upgrades from level-ups; make sure not to neglect those.

Here's what I PM'd to Dark:

Level 8:
1st level skill - Steadfast Luck. Aaron's rolls and roll modifiers cannot be altered by external skills. (In other words, "Lunatic's Luck" wouldn't be able to cause Aaron to roll an automatic 1, and that guy that inverted our bonuses would not be able to do so to Aaron. That said, he also can't take advantage of skills that cause him to auto-roll a 5 or something, not that he necessarily needs it.)
1st level upgrade - One with the Dragon (upgrade for Dragon Form). Dragon Form becomes Aaron's default state. Essentially, the skill Dragon Form (along with its prior upgrade, Fearsome Countenance) is removed, becoming a permanent effect. If possible, this would also reduce the cooldowns of the other Dragon Form effects, as it's a smaller shift. This would also make Eastern Dragon's Luck constant, as I would be perpetually in a dragon form.

Level 9:
2nd level skill - Rightful Ruler. When enemies first see him, they must make a roll to save against submitting to his will and rule. Presumably, either 3 or 4 and up saves.
2nd level upgrade - Unrelenting Storm (upgrade to White Dragon's Heritage). Any use of this ability automatically works, bypassing rolls. This includes both passive and active uses. However, the damage dealt to any one enemy cannot exceed 20 damage per turn.

Level 10:
3rd level skill - Warrior Messiah. Every time Aaron kills an enemy, every ally in the area gains 2 faith.
3rd level upgrade - Verdant Entourage (upgrade to Green Dragon's Spirit). Aaron is perpetually accompanied by two ents, who are now the ones with the abilities associated with Green Dragon's Spirit (Aaron no longer has it). Whenever one is killed, a new one rises within 3 turns.
Subclass upgrade - Draconic Ascendant. More than just a ruler, a Draconic Ascendant is a god amongst dragons, with the powers associated. Aaron specifically would become the draconic god of luck and battle, able to bless and curse allies, enemies, and equipment with alterations to their luck and the amount of damage they can deal. He would also receive any other boons associated with godhood.

The only thing that got rejected was the subclass modification; you can see the level 8 and 9 stuff in my sheet.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 27, 2017, 05:23:05 pm »

I think I missed spazyak's skills, but he seemed somewhat biased on what to take. Reynald rolled [1] and Serrana [2], Dennis got his changes and the rest haven't sent me any plans for their skills (and I'm too lazy to check earlier pages right now).

Those that haven't sent/posted their skills can still do it. Now excuse me, I've got an exam tomorrow at 8 a.m and won't be available till at least 8 p.m (I've got shitload of classes, lectures and courses tossed in at Mondays and Tuesdays).

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 27, 2017, 05:25:24 pm »

Dennis got his changes

???
I didn't notice a difference in there.

Anyway, see ya, Dark.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: November 27, 2017, 05:30:00 pm »

Oh, I forgot he had that revival skill. Can someone get a similar skill on level up?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: November 27, 2017, 05:32:32 pm »

Well, he did.

In other words: no, his "second wind" skill is not from an item, the way many of mine have been.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: November 27, 2017, 05:33:11 pm »

suggested Skills
<Necromancer - for 5 HP turns undead into companion.>
<(Passive) Fire Absorb - Converts fire damage to health>
<Foreigner's luck - once in 4 turns can turn next action into an auto [6] roll.>
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 27, 2017, 05:35:19 pm »

Abe, make that an auto-5 instead.

Also nevermind, you don't have any skills to upgrade... :'(

Also, Dark, I know it'll be a while before you respond, but should a new enemy type be added for the evil plants?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: November 27, 2017, 05:50:19 pm »

I think I missed spazyak's skills, but he seemed somewhat biased on what to take. Reynald rolled [1] and Serrana [2], Dennis got his changes and the rest haven't sent me any plans for their skills (and I'm too lazy to check earlier pages right now).

Those that haven't sent/posted their skills can still do it. Now excuse me, I've got an exam tomorrow at 8 a.m and won't be available till at least 8 p.m (I've got shitload of classes, lectures and courses tossed in at Mondays and Tuesdays).
((I just simply not have a clue as to what to take, I fear my creativity has been shot the past couple of days))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 27, 2017, 05:53:12 pm »

second wind was a skill obtained during a dream. An angel of life is following him and revives him when he dies.
In his sleep, he saw his own grave. Makeshift, run down and forgotten within millions of others in the apocalypse. Suddenly, he saw himself raising from the grave. Not undead, but rather alive and well, rays of sunlight shining upon him from the sky. Rise! May the duke of Height Keep return return for the second wind! - the voice from High Heavens said and Dennis woke up. He felt somewhat changed, as if an Angel of Life was watching him and waiting for a good moment to revive him should the need be.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 27, 2017, 05:55:03 pm »

((I just simply not have a clue as to what to take, I fear my creativity has been shot the past couple of days))
Passives always help. You may also want to take a look at things that others have done that worked out well for them (I'd recommend Spirit Walking, my first level up, as one of your skills; it was endlessly helpful). If you care to join the fold of being a dragon worshipper, you can maybe try doing some stuff in that theme.

By the way, those 3 level-ups also come with skill upgrades, and the alchemist happens to have 3 skills at the start. Maybe you could upgrade Detox to complete poison immunity, or Alchemist's Sight to giving you a bonus to combat if you recognize alchemical materials on your opponent. Stuff like that.

EDIT:
"The cook...is cooked."

Find my way back to the group and rest a bit.

Level Up:Second Wind:One use only, when killed revive at full HP.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Cooking with Rotting Chef [6/6]
« Reply #1915 on: November 27, 2017, 06:31:17 pm »

"The cook...is cooked."

Find my way back to the group and rest a bit.

Level Up:Second Wind:One use only, when killed revive at full HP.
How did I miss this.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 27, 2017, 07:34:11 pm »

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 28, 2017, 09:42:38 am »

In unrelated stuff, we only need 2 more votes to get into the HoF proper. So far, it's been Random, Spazyak, EP, and myself that have voted.

EDIT: Also, Dark, for future reference: on level-up, may I have permission to completely get rid of the Green Dragon's Spirit passive and just replace it with an additional skill upgrade? It doesn't get used much, it doesn't benefit from my bonuses, and when I have used it, it's more frequently gotten me into trouble than out of it (please see the Cryptlord and Undead Brute fights...).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:06:52 am by Glass »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 29, 2017, 01:20:08 pm »

(I think the skill is fine, maybe you just don't use it to it's full potential. You could cover enemies in plants that block their movement then burn them for extra damage.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: November 29, 2017, 01:43:28 pm »

(I think the skill is fine, maybe you just don't use it to it's full potential. You could cover enemies in plants that block their movement then burn them for extra damage.)
I've tried to use it to "full potential" previously, but as stated, it doesn't benefit from my dragon form and fire frenzy roll bonuses, so it's just plain less likely to work, and can still overshoot/crit fail. As stated, see the Undead Brute fight for a prime example of that.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 166