Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 173568 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us [6/6]
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2017, 11:32:11 am »

Ok, I think we can start now.
EDIT: What is poise bonus?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:34:49 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2017, 12:17:10 pm »

Prologue

It is a second month after gates of the Underworld have been unsealed. Attacks of undead mobs and dark spirits became less bloody, and sightings of demons became scarce. That is because beings coming from the dead, dark and arcane are slowly losing things to kill on their death march through Axewrath. Holy Inquisition tried it's best to save as many lives as it could, but even those holy warriors and exorcists were quickly overwhelmed by sheer numbers and brute force of their adversaries. Many settlements have turned into death traps, gaining the biggest amount of undead, dark spirits and demons. Those that survived spread out in search of safe hideouts, or still battle their way to bring faith in gods back to the world.

Darkness came even to places far away from great cities, bloody battlefields or trade routes. A small village, forgotten among millions lost in the cataclysm, is still holding on againt supernatural threats. Survivors remain hidden in their hideouts, while northern fields and western forests are swarming with walking dead or dark forces. Villagers most probably were able to hear an explosion to the south-east from village when the cataclysm started. That's a place where hell pit burst open and lesser demons ran out from towards Height Keep, a ruined fortress atop eastern hills - to prepare it for their demonic master. But the battlefield became still and silent one day, as if the cataclysm stopped just for a few hours, to let newcomers join into the slaughter and allow hidden to breathe some fresh air.

Doors to a slightly charred shed - the only remainings of a burned house, slowly opened with a silent creak, then fell off their hinges. Dennis - peasant dressed in patchwork clothing, with a battered hat on his head and an unkempt beard hesitantily came out to sunlight and stared at the blackened sun, corrupted with taint of the Underworld. Keeping his pitchfork at ready, he went towards a place that once was a shrine to the gods in the center of his village. A vision of demon spilling guts of his ox then strangling it with them still striked into his mind.

From the north came a lone, wandering undead hunter. His holy crossbow loaded and in his hands at all times. A little bit taller than average and skinny man, with red hair and a general look that might be called elfish, but with skin that would likely be described as sickly or zombie-like. Going through fields, he passed by numerous corpses lying dormant on the ground. Kids, elders, a young woman with her beau. Some of them rotting, some drained of life and mummified by dark spirits. Aaron Blaze, as that's his name, moved through an alley of burnt down buildings and got to village center.

From south-west last remnants of Holy Inquisition appeared. Jeremiah Nix - a stocky man with shaved head and pug-like face. One of the few exorcists. Reynald Smithson was accompanying him, a brown haired, brown eyed, middle aged man - inquisitor, a holy warrior set against undead. They went through forests, avoiding an old graveyard - most probably a death trap, and reached the burnt down part of village, heading towards it's center.

Passing through gates at Height Keep and moving downhill, Pguhyuh Sugnta reached the village as well. The keep was empty and he haven't seen any demons there, but the place was filled with arcane energies. Going around barricades and piles of bodies, he approached a shrine in the center of village.

Then Bob came out of hiding, leaiving his cellar. Armed with scythe, he looked nervously at the aftemath of massacre that happened in this village. Decapitated, tortured and rotting bodies made him feel sick. He thought for a while that he saw someone alive, and chased the mysterious person towards the shrine.

They all met at the same time by desacrated shrine in the center of village, staring inquiringly at each other, waiting for someone to take initiative and start a conversation.

OOC

Thought that it'd be best for everyone to meet in one place and then decide if you all go in one group, split by 3 or go all alone.

Poise bonus decreases chance of enemy staggering you and makes you able to tank through heavy blows without being thrown off-balance.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2017, 12:23:02 pm »

"So. I see ye all got swords. Ye here fer the bugabears and gristle-walkers what killed my favorite ox?"
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2017, 12:24:32 pm »

Hail to ye; it's the dragons' blessing that even this many of us are still alive.

We're here for whatever makes trouble, mate.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2017, 12:31:03 pm »

Pguhyuh spoke in a foreign languaje:
 fb urer jr ner. vg frrzf gung gur qrzbaf unir nyernql fynva gur ivyyntref urer.
After waiting some seconds for an answer, he tried again:
I am sorry, can you understand me now?
I am surprised to find survivors in this village. Why are you here?

(OOC: So, Faith has a cap of 20 for all classes?)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:06:52 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2017, 12:32:40 pm »

"whatever gods still favor us slightly, I pray to them that we are not the only survivors."
keep watch while the others plan and speak.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2017, 12:37:08 pm »

Pguhyuh spoke in a foreign languaje:
 fb urer jr ner. vg frrzf gung gur qrzbaf unir nyernql fynva gur ivyyntref urer.
After waiting some seconds for an answer, he tried again:
I am sorry, can you understand me now?
I am surprised to find survivors in this village. Why are you here?

Huntin'.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2017, 12:38:30 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2017, 01:12:36 pm »

(OOC: So, Faith has a cap of 20 for all classes?)

Yes. It won't be that easy to raise, and it can go lower depending on your actions/events witnessed.

Waiting for NRDL and crazyabe for next update.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:14:10 pm by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2017, 02:06:35 pm »

...so, anyway. Anyone got specific plans, or we all just wanderin' about looking for trouble?

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2017, 02:36:26 pm »

There are a few areas that can be visited. You may try to clear fields and reclaim village, look for survivors or loot, trek through forest and clear the old graveyard, try to survive in hell pit or siege Height Keep. Be warned that current relative peace won't last too long.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2017, 02:41:07 pm »

I say we try to reclaim the area.

Also, could we get a map? I'd like to know what/where some of these things you're referring to are.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2017, 02:41:23 pm »

"I'm goin' ta be lookin' for loot in the town, and I 'aught to be able to find somewhere to stay the night there. If any oh ye gnets with the beeg wipons come aloong I'd ba much abluged."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2017, 02:46:55 pm »

Investigate the shrine, anything special or magical on it
I came here to research. The weaker demons are more common in small villages like this one.
About that, there was strong arcane magic at the keep, if anyone wants to help me explore the place for my investigation i will be very grateful.

After everyone stops talking, go to investigate the keep with anyone willing to help.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2017, 02:58:38 pm »

Hm... setting up a stronghold would be useful. If we can take the keep, that'd be exceedingly useful. Who's in?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 166