Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Weapons Design Corps of the Georgian Empire (Update Phase)  (Read 4608 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons Design Corps of the Georgian Empire (Revision Phase)
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 05:19:54 pm »

Ring bayonets. Allright, dont really have to deal wit that until we get a shorter main arm.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 06:56:04 pm »

What revision are you all going for?  Wanting to keep the phases simultaneous due to phase 3, and the Generals are largely done with theirs.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 07:00:37 pm »

I'm for better bayonets
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 09:24:46 pm »

Currently we have:
-Experiment with rifling
-breachloader conversion of musket
-Muzzleloading rifle thanks to minié balls
-tie swords to muskets(made pre-confirmation that like any sane army with Calvary about we have bayonets)
-Something something bayonet improvement something?

For clarification, I vote for Breachloader conversion of musket. The tech is out there(granted, jsut being worked on now, wow, I thought we where starting a little alter than this), minie balls dont increase rate of fire, just effective range, and ya still have to stand still with them when loading.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:28:27 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 11:33:37 pm »

For clarification, I vote for Breachloader conversion of musket. The tech is out there(granted, jsut being worked on now, wow, I thought we where starting a little alter than this), minie balls dont increase rate of fire, just effective range, and ya still have to stand still with them when loading.
Yeah, let's go with that.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 12:06:22 am »

Yeah, let's go with that.
+1 from me.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2017, 12:14:52 am »

I'd say that would be a difficult task, but let's give it a go.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2017, 02:38:14 pm »

With four votes, posting revision again so Zan spends less time looking for it.

Highly Opinionated Fool

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2017, 03:29:23 pm »

Result: 5 (Impossible (Very Hard+Revision))

A number of tests are performed into various rifling and breech-loading methods based upon limited information coming from Western European and American sources.  A practical design for troop deployment is not created, but enough information is gained from sending for information and their own tests that future implementation will be easier.

A messenger has arrived with a request from the Military Command.

To the Engineers of the Weapons Design Corps,

We need a new infantry weapon to replace our old muskets. We request that this new weapon to not only have an increased range and accuracy, but also have a rate of fire of equal or greater than our current gun. Additionally this new gun must still be able to attach a bayonet for use in close quarters fighting.

Signed,
The Generals of the Military Command
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons Design Corps of the Georgian Empire (Design Phase)
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 03:35:33 pm »

Well lads, let's give the breech-loader another try now that we understand it better. Seems to be exactly what they want.

I think it will be hard. We can go for just breech loading or just rifling if we want normal difficulty. They value range and accuracy over rate of fire so rifling the musket seems like the better idea.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 03:53:18 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 03:55:20 pm »

I say we give it another go, focusing more on the breech loading. Faster rate of fire seems more important than accuracy.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 04:02:06 pm »

No, the generals said that it must have better range and accuracy, and rate of fire is a secondary priority. Therefor we should focus on rifling exclusively. If we try both rifling and breech loading again theres a high chance we will have nothing to show.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 04:18:33 pm »

yer first comment on the breachloader and what the generals want seems to contradict itself.

Anyways, I say work on the breachloader conversion again. It is what the generals want, afterall.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 04:20:21 pm »

...but it's not what they want.

They very explicitly want range and accuracy over rate of fire.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 04:23:26 pm »

Which is done with rifling. They also want better-or-same rate of fire.

So, to break it down, they want:
-New infantry arm replacing muskets(AKA, anything there, but with all things it helps if we can convert over to something else with them)
-Better accuracy+range(rifle the silly thing)
-ROF equal or greater than current(Breachloader(for hopefully increased) or minie balls(for same speed, also would be done totally blind, since the breachloader revision skipped them))
-Still be able to use bayonet(which is sane, unless we can get up to, say, 10-15 rounds per minute Calvary or even infantry charges can get inside range easily between shots. And even then, bayonets are too useful to discard)

The breachloading rifled conversion handles each of those points easily. Im worried slightly about them getting slightly pissed about the rounds leaving holes two lines smaller than before, but they did want range and accuracy out of these things. Plus, well, seven lines is a tad insane in a musket, letalone a rifle.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:56:17 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5