Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Generals of the Georgian Empire (Revise Doctrine Phase)  (Read 6618 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Generals of the Georgian Empire (Composition Phase)
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 11:09:23 am »

Proposed Composition: we need a new rifled gun to replace our old muskets, with a bayonet to fight in close quarters.

+1
+1
Ammunition should preferably be rounded cylinder shaped. ((i.e. The shape of a squat grain silo))
Actually, yeah. I had thought the Crimean War was 1840s, instead of a few years into the 1850s. The minie ball wouldn't really be used.
+1
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 01:38:22 pm »

Proposed Composition: we need a new rifled gun to replace our old muskets, with a bayonet to fight in close quarters.

+1
+1
Ammunition should preferably be rounded cylinder shaped. ((i.e. The shape of a squat grain silo))
Actually, yeah. I had thought the Crimean War was 1840s, instead of a few years into the 1850s. The minie ball wouldn't really be used.
+1
+1

I kinda suspect that the Engineers will end up adding minie balls to the design regardless of what we ask.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 01:52:21 pm »

Who knows, if we are lucky they might decide to make a breach loaded rifle with paper cartridges. If they do though i am going to ask them make something to industrialize our country next turn, because it is clear they are miracle workers.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 02:43:17 pm »

They're probably going to come out with a Winchester Model 83 or whatever that breech-loading lever-action rifle was.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 03:17:43 pm »

Wait, wouldn't we still know about the Minie ball, after the French shot them around in Crimea, right next door?

Avanti!

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 04:53:13 pm »

So should we ask for a conical cylinder shaped bullet as well?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 05:05:29 pm »

I propose that we need greater initial impact from our cannons, to maximise their effect at hit-and-run ship doctrine and formation-breaking cannon doctrine.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 06:15:26 pm »

Hm... seeing that we apparently already have bayonets should we ask for somethung else? Paper cartridges?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 06:25:13 pm »

Paper cartridges are helpful, but will soon be supplanted by metallic cartridges. A proper rifle + maybe a Minie ball would allow for doctrines with proper snipers, and actually aiming at targets, instead of just firing at an enemy line.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:41:22 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2017, 07:52:35 pm »

Paper cartridges are helpful, but will soon be supplanted by metallic cartridges. A proper rifle + maybe a Minie ball would allow for doctrines with proper snipers, and actually aiming at targets, instead of just firing at an enemy line.
Well getting rifled guns should allow us to work on marksmen doctrine. Also can minie balls be used on bore loaded rifles?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 08:01:00 pm »

Well getting rifled guns should allow us to work on marksmen doctrine. Also can minie balls be used on bore loaded rifles?
Yeah, they work just fine. According to most sources, it's slightly easier to load than a musket ball.
+1 to rounded cone ammunition, disregarding my previous statement.
Make a more accurate bullet!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:52:56 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 08:16:37 pm »

I feel that "paper cartridge" is too engineering... It seems to me that we are requesting performance, not method. We can ask for more accuracy, or faster rate-of-fire, or "make our gunns more good please" but "adopt this technology" seems inappropriate for the general side of things. I feel that we should assume ourselves to be incompetent engineers who, at best, can hear about how some other country is doing wonderoud new things, but we do not know the specifics, and we probably heard it as gossip at some dinner-party and the G.M. is free to change hiistory to turn whatever we requested into a failed design that never went anywhere and it turns out that rifling just doesn't work in our reality and instead you need to add little wings to bullets if you wnat them to fly straight...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 09:24:22 pm »

I feel that "paper cartridge" is too engineering... It seems to me that we are requesting performance, not method. We can ask for more accuracy, or faster rate-of-fire, or "make our gunns more good please" but "adopt this technology" seems inappropriate for the general side of things. I feel that we should assume ourselves to be incompetent engineers who, at best, can hear about how some other country is doing wonderoud new things, but we do not know the specifics, and we probably heard it as gossip at some dinner-party and the G.M. is free to change hiistory to turn whatever we requested into a failed design that never went anywhere and it turns out that rifling just doesn't work in our reality and instead you need to add little wings to bullets if you wnat them to fly straight...

So something like this?

Proposed Composition: a new infantry weapon to replace our old muskets. We request that this new weapon to not only have an increased range and accuracy, but also have a rate of fire of equal or greater than our current gun. Additionally this new gun must still be able to attach a bayonet for use in close quarters fighting.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 09:28:19 pm »

I'd propose just "Somehow useful in melee combat" and see what lunacy they come up with. Worst case, we suggest that they revamp it to include a bayonet (If they give us something lame like "can be used as a club" or some crap like that.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2017, 09:36:49 pm »

Additionally this new gun must still be able to attach a bayonet for use in close quarters fighting.

As a short note, I meant to include a bayonet in your starting list and have amended the list to include one on the list.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5