Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193362 times)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 2: One Up, One Down, And One Nowhere Around
« Reply #855 on: June 13, 2017, 12:53:39 am »

I may be biased but I feel like taking away my vote is more likely to come from mafia than not mafia and I would welcome people proving that they didn't steal mine via doing whatever the double voting format is.
Ok just so you don't keep freaking out over this it was me.  I stole your vote.  And 4mask's vote.  Technically, we tried to steal everyone's vote, but I think we had a very, very sub 1% chance.

Oh yay the person that disenfranchised me is the same one arguing that they don't care enough about votes to have voted yesterday. :/ Please take some advice from Uncle Ben
Sorry, don't follow?

With great power comes great responsibility. Though it makes me feel better that your self-vote is apparently role-related/tactical.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 13, 2017, 08:01:10 am »

TolyK: We apparently lost and reobtained the thing you've been talking about? 

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 13, 2017, 09:22:21 am »

Yeah, that was me. Go ahead and choose someone you trust a lot (if nobody, you could target me or Jack, for example) and talk.

Aced btw, now going to sleep in... I'll be back guys, I promise. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 13, 2017, 10:33:41 am »

unvote because I can see townflabort killing off doll. I mean, I can see scumflabort doing the same thing, but it's not enough to make me think he's scummy. I need to reread his interactions before I decide to vote him. Fallacy is still on my suspicion list (from yesterday) but I need to read through today again.

PPE: Bleh, this was supposed to be posted yesterday.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 13, 2017, 05:19:37 pm »

A'ight, when I said don't make 9 pages of stuff, I meant have some stuff.

Anyway...

Trying to piece together which bits of Lenglon's response is related to which bit in my post. I'm reasonably sure I got confused over how Lenglon's fusion works at some point during it, but I'll explain it when I get to it.

PPE: Alternatively, Lenglon can go through it again later, since she ignored quite a bit of it in favour of channeling her inner Lord Mandelson.

Lenglon: could you remind us of how your fusion ability works re: change in alignment? Is it you or your target that changes? There's 50+ pages to go through, so it's easier to just ask at this point.

Hector13:
seriously? Okay, in order it is:
1) because your accusation is self-contradictory. You are voting us for lightly opposing a plan we ourselves proposed, and doing that at the exact moment of its proposition. if said plan benefits faction X, and we are not faction X, then why propose it in the first place? you cant have it be both pro-ANYONE and anti-THAT SAME ANYONE at the same time. So what the hell are you doing?

What accusation did I make?

I don't think I made an accusation, I asked a question to clarify what Shakerag was doing, 'cause it was early morning and I wasn't awake enough to entertain my usual "what if "x player is y alignment, how would that change things?" thought process. Like you say, it didn't make sense, so I asked about it.

2) bizzare WIFOM is the first thing I bring up because it's the only way I can think of to reconsile the self-contradictory nature of your accusation. Logic failures like that peeve me off to no end.

You missed a bit to answer, byraway:

Why would I have to do that? Is that the only reason a I would be voting for you? Considering those reasons, why is bizarre WIFOM the first thing you bring up? Answer all questions, in order, if you please.

Kind of important for me to figure out your position here, seeing as bizarre WIFOM (isn't all WIFOM bizarre?) is still the only thing you've brought up.

3) Wuba BYOR pre-massclaim and you want to argue ability balance. Nobody can answer that until roles are on the table, go (role)fish elsewhere since I see no reason to tell you the drawbacks of mine just because you feel threatened by us.

You want to tell me that Wuba hasn't figured out how to balance a BYOR after 15 tries? Please.

Considering you've told us of the aspect of your role that I'm asking about, how am I rolefishing?

Answer: I wasn't. I'm asking you to theorycraft. Where did I suggest I was threatened by you?

A reminder of what I want:

Afterward, please tell me how a fusion ability like yours could benefit the town while simultaneously be balanced enough to not unduly disadvantage third-party and, perhaps more importantly, scum.

Ulterior motive: After N1, I know there's a player with an ability who can, for lack of a better (read: more entertaining) term, fuck you and Shakes right up. Please do use it, they-who-shall-not-be-named.

4) Are you seriously upset that I didn't wait until LYLO and then intentionally join the scumteam? That's your idea of a pro-town action? That is literally what you just said I should have done. What is this I don't even.

This was where I think my sleep-addled mind confused which way the alignment change goes. Probably 'cause I don't believe that this ability works the way Lenglon said it does, and I don't believe Lenglon is town.

Also, it is not literally what I said. 'cause literally means actually, and I didn't say that. I presented something without explaining the thought basis for it, which is what the previous line/paragraph hopefully alleviates.

5) What. "It would have been much more sane to lynch <player A> at some point assuming <player A> is town." Yes that is how the town works, we lynch fellow townies every chance we get. also the sky is orange, and water is dry.

That's a pretty textbook example of misrepresentation. Shakerag claimed Miller.

Test for some clever clogs: what ways can we confirm a Miller is actually a Miller and not scum/SK/otherwise anti-town?

6)Us having a quicktopic seemed completely obvious by the nature of the fusion, so much so that I didn't even think to mention it. I very much wasn't hiding it as you could see yesterday when it came up.

Well flabort thought it was completely obvious that they would flip 'cause of their auto or whatever, folks gotta stop making assumptions.

Thus, you hid it by omission, and you didn't bring the QT up first. I don't think you want to look like Trump by having someone representing you saying one thing, and you saying the opposite.

[aside]I hope so hard that someone submitted Donald Trump as a role.[/aside]

7) wincons are listed in the OP hector, asking someone what their wincon is is not a valid alignment check. as I said before, Im town. I win when all anti-town factions are dead.

Fair point.

8 ) I like the vote, I just don't like the attack. or specificly the logical falacies involved in the attack. a case based on facts I can respect. This mess you tossed my way is offensive to even look at.

Hector: Why are you encouraging me to play in an anti-town manner and why does your case make the basic assumption that the lynch is controlled by scum? and why are you using "we" in talking about that scum-controlled lynch?

There's a lot wrong here.

Could you explain where I encouraged you to play in a manner that was anti-town? Where did I make the basic assumption that the lynch is controlled by anyone, town, scum, or otherwise? 'cause your case is kinda dependent on those two things, and I don't see it.

What I am seeing is you taking something I say, assuming I mean it in the most anti-town way possible, using that position to put words into my mouth to that effect, using those words as a foundation to respond to, and then summing it up as "well you're obviously scum if you said that."

The collective noun thing is something I do. I use it to refer to the town at large, such as when you failed to mention you have a QT with Shakes to the town at large, or how the town at large is s'posed to confirm that Shakes is truthing with his Miller claim. I think that covers all the times that I use a collective noun in this post which is where your case comes from.

So, to sum up, I made no case, I asked a question, demanded clarifications, and wanted you to do things like theorycraft how your role would be balanced in the game at large. If, in doing so, I offended your sensibilities... well, that's your problem, not mine.

I mean, comon, just because Im offering to let your scumbuddy jump ship doesn't mean you can get away with this kinda stuff Hector.

I like how you went from "I have no idea how to read you based on your vote and question" to "holy shit, obvscum" in one post, probably in an attempt to justify the obvOMGUS. Well done.

So, with all that in mind, perhaps you'd like to respond to things like an adult and not a petulant child Alistair Darling whoops wrong Alistair Alastair Campbell? I think you missed some of the things I wanted from the dizziness caused by you spinning my words so hard. I'll even provide a template for you, so you don't have to format things so much on your phone!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 13, 2017, 05:19:53 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Night 1: Hanging Out
« Reply #861 on: June 13, 2017, 08:29:53 pm »

It's a ghost town, Nick!

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
FallacyOfUrist - Jack A T, Persus13,
flabort - TolyK,
hector13 - Lenglon, TheBiggerFish,
Jack A T -
Lenglon-Shakerag - hector13,
Persus13 -
Tea -
TheBiggerFish -
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin - flabort,
TolyK - FallacyOfUrist,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, Tiruin, TheDarkStar,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends on Thursday, June 15th around 8:00 PM CST.. There is an Extension available.

Quote from: Current Rules
Survival - The Mafiakill does not count toward the 1 action per Phase limit.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 13, 2017, 09:07:55 pm »

I forgot about flabsy, though that's mostly is along the lines of "well you're gonna have to try to explain why you used a 1-shot on someone who was going to die anyway" so yeah.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 13, 2017, 10:26:20 pm »

Fallacy: is your nyah nonsense a post restriction or something you're doing for RPing purposes?
... nyah?

Why not scum hunt someone who is not Tolyk instead of incessantly saying "waiting on Tolyk, nyah. Tolyk hasn't responded yet, nyah."
That's a good idea, nyah. Finding another scummy target will probably be much easier than thoroughly examining everybody, nyah. As a bonus, it'll hopefully get some activity going, nyah.

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 13, 2017, 11:28:09 pm »

I forgot about flabsy, though that's mostly is along the lines of "well you're gonna have to try to explain why you used a 1-shot on someone who was going to die anyway" so yeah.
Why waste a lynch on hammering them? I saved town from quick-hammering them, only to find out that they would have been modkilled later - I mean, yes, my kill was a waste because they would have been modkilled for inactivity, but better my 1-shot than the lynch.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 14, 2017, 12:35:20 am »

Ahh hah hah hah!  Fuck wisconsin!  I;m bnack in illinois.  Wich aslso sucks. 

I think I'm goingt to resume my

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 14, 2017, 12:35:48 am »

quaklity posts tomrrow.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 14, 2017, 01:20:05 am »

Hector13: ... what is your real objective with this line of questioning? I don't buy the bullshit you're selling and don't feel like goig down the rabbit hole of responding to misaligned questions. Your desire to try to make me requote a dozen different things that I said in the past already when I can only post by phone can go fuck right the hell off, but I would like to know what you actually think perputating this acomplishes other than making me frustrated and saving yourself from actually reading the latter portion od D1 again.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 14, 2017, 06:46:24 am »

Do... do you understand how the game works? I'd quite like to refine my read on you, which you refuse to allow me to do, 'cause you're basically saying "nah, fuck your questions, scum", which I guess is telling in and of itself.

I made things easier for you by giving you a template, you literally just have to fill in the blanks. Why do you not want anyone to get a stronger read on you?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 14, 2017, 11:23:06 am »

Do... do you understand how the game works? I'd quite like to refine my read on you, which you refuse to allow me to do, 'cause you're basically saying "nah, fuck your questions, scum", which I guess is telling in and of itself.

I made things easier for you by giving you a template, you literally just have to fill in the blanks. Why do you not want anyone to get a stronger read on you?
Lemmie explain what I mean by 1-bar of service, and why I havent done any rereading of the thread, at all, ever since I fused with shakerag.
I brought up my unread replies page at 17:34. which finished loading at 17:36. I clicked new on this thread at that time, and the timestamp loaded at 17:38 BUT your latest post didnt load till 17:44. I then hit reply at 17:45, which loaded thankfully at 17:46. I then typed up this reply without looking at the old posts shown below on the reply page because they take forever to load, and then typed this message to you.
I can give you the quotes you want when it wont LITERALLY take an hour to load the old pages alone, with zero time spent actually reading them, which will be on the 17th or so.

Also, sorry that I was irate earlier, I had been spending hours breathing dust and playing with C-wire, had a headache, and I shouldnt have been posting at all.
I didnt even notice your template post until this time loading the page while waiting for it to let me see past webs votecount.

Having said that, dont dodge my question. Not even you believe the what youre saying, so quit it already and just say what youre really after.

@fusion mechanic
1-shot
phaseless
both become same player
user's wincon becomes target's
share a quicktopic, which should be FUCKING OBVIOUS since otherwise we cant handle our night action - we'd both send in competing actions and theres no way to determine whos action goes through.

any other questions? glancing at your template you just repeated the same shit I already answered and numbered for you so that sack of crap can go piss right the fuck off, but if you have something worth reading I'd welcome it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 95