Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193708 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 2: One Up, One Down, And One Nowhere Around
« Reply #795 on: June 10, 2017, 09:53:44 pm »

I somehow failed in my action o_o
Hum, maybe someone blocked me. Or something?
I see nothing in doll to block me.

PFP

Here, a full claim of my new role, inspired by self-preservation:
Peter Petrelli (Town)
(Auto) Heroes: When I target someone or am targeted by someone (it actually says "a player" here, so I'll include that in my question to Webadict that Lenglon asked), gain a 1-shot version of a random ability (Also something to ask Wuba about, it doesn't say "of theirs", I want to be clear). If I gain a power from all living players, I win.
(1-shot, used) Eerie Arrival: Kill a player that aided in your death. Blahblah blah rules about making sure that the player was one who aided in my death and if I don't pick one or I choose one who is invalid, one will be selected randomly.
And a soon to arrive new one-shot from targeting Doll, Webadict is just busy and forgot to send it, and it will arrive when they get time.
So...where did you get the idea that you'd flip and be revived, in that order?

Tiruin
PFP

I'm also in a very euphoric mood due to a significant life event that happened today--and while the net is sputtery, I'll get caught up.

That said, anyone else targeting Doll tonight? It helps me to know! @_@
Well, I guess this was in the part of the thread I was too overwhelmed to read. If I had known about this question, I would have answered yes.

What were YOU targeting Doll to do?

Also, I see you pretty much only talking about the Doll Vs Me case and emotions in mid to late day 1 and not making a case of your own. Why is that?
:v
I did make a case. I stood by the idea that you both can't be scum or if in the case that either of you are, it is eccentric to do such things--whereas I was more in my notes thinking you're both town but doll couldn't find a better note and went all metacognition onto your face.
I had made a case of my own in that right. :P
But seriously this night I want to know who will be targeting the person I'll be targeting :v

Also I will leave the first question hanging until later details because I do believe at least one person targeted me [YAY, HIT ME MOAR]

PPE 2 new replies

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 10, 2017, 10:09:13 pm »

PFP

Peter Petrelli (Town)
(Auto) Heroes: When I target someone or am targeted by someone (it actually says "a player" here, so I'll include that in my question to Webadict that Lenglon asked), gain a 1-shot version of a random ability (Also something to ask Wuba about, it doesn't say "of theirs", I want to be clear). If I gain a power from all living players, I win.
(1-shot, used) Eerie Arrival: Kill a player that aided in your death. Blahblah blah rules about making sure that the player was one who aided in my death and if I don't pick one or I choose one who is invalid, one will be selected randomly.
And a soon to arrive new one-shot from targeting Doll, Webadict is just busy and forgot to send it, and it will arrive when they get time.
From the ability that revived me. Like I said, if I had written an ability that way, where you die, and then revive with a new role, the death would have included a flip of the old role.

Quote from: Tiruin, Continued
Tiruin
PFP

I'm also in a very euphoric mood due to a significant life event that happened today--and while the net is sputtery, I'll get caught up.

That said, anyone else targeting Doll tonight? It helps me to know! @_@
Well, I guess this was in the part of the thread I was too overwhelmed to read. If I had known about this question, I would have answered yes.

What were YOU targeting Doll to do?

Also, I see you pretty much only talking about the Doll Vs Me case and emotions in mid to late day 1 and not making a case of your own. Why is that?
:v
I did make a case. I stood by the idea that you both can't be scum or if in the case that either of you are, it is eccentric to do such things--whereas I was more in my notes thinking you're both town but doll couldn't find a better note and went all metacognition onto your face.
I had made a case of my own in that right. :P
But seriously this night I want to know who will be targeting the person I'll be targeting :v

Also I will leave the first question hanging until later details because I do believe at least one person targeted me [YAY, HIT ME MOAR]

PPE 2 new replies
No, that's not a case. That's a defense. You were not pursuing either Doll or me, you were finding reasons NOT to vote us.
Why were you voting TheBiggerFish? What made you suspect them, and what kind of case could you have made against them?
Who do you SUSPECT of being SCUM?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 10, 2017, 10:11:25 pm »

EBWOP
Also, I guess that makes sense, not wanting to reveal your actions or why they were performed. However, I would still like a Why if not a What.
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 10, 2017, 10:26:36 pm »

No, that's not a case. That's a defense. You were not pursuing either Doll or me, you were finding reasons NOT to vote us.
Why were you voting TheBiggerFish? What made you suspect them, and what kind of case could you have made against them?
...I kinda see why doll was frothing at the mouth in making a case against you.

I don't have that much of a glaring obviousness to denote people as scum, but I do have enough to denote them as town. My intent wasn't finding "REASONS" to "NOT" vote you two (seriously flabort. Your words right there are tarnishing my town read on you like termites), I was stating why I didn't see voting EITHER of you based on the context, content, and basically 'how' y'all reacted to each other made sense.

Either you're being superficial scummy, or your wording went bad right there. Because it came off to me that you're implying intent.
...Which is dumb and you should've voted me on that right, right there, because of how that seriously goes.

PFP

Peter Petrelli (Town)
From the ability that revived me. Like I said, if I had written an ability that way, where you die, and then revive with a new role, the death would have included a flip of the old role.
Sans parentheses then:
Peter Petrelli (Town)
(Auto) Heroes: When I target someone or am targeted by a player, gain a 1-shot version of a random ability. If I gain a power from all living players, I win.
Yeah I don't see it.

Also I gained a one shot day action thingy that lets me boost votes :v
This wasn't stated anywhere in my anything, so someone either gave it to me--it's in their auto, or it's because I targeted someone and this reacted like that. But that's weird (And somehow, weirder that it coincidentally references my PRE-game words :P )

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 10, 2017, 10:32:34 pm »

Sans parentheses then:
Peter Petrelli (Town)
(Auto) Heroes: When I target someone or am targeted by a player, gain a 1-shot version of a random ability. If I gain a power from all living players, I win.
Yeah I don't see it.

Also I gained a one shot day action thingy that lets me boost votes :v
This wasn't stated anywhere in my anything, so someone either gave it to me--it's in their auto, or it's because I targeted someone and this reacted like that. But that's weird (And somehow, weirder that it coincidentally references my PRE-game words :P )
??? ???
That's because the ability that revived me was from my OLD role, my re-death role. It's not in my new role, so of course you wouldn't see it.
...I kinda see why doll was frothing at the mouth in making a case against you.

I don't have that much of a glaring obviousness to denote people as scum, but I do have enough to denote them as town. My intent wasn't finding "REASONS" to "NOT" vote you two (seriously flabort. Your words right there are tarnishing my town read on you like termites), I was stating why I didn't see voting EITHER of you based on the context, content, and basically 'how' y'all reacted to each other made sense.

Either you're being superficial scummy, or your wording went bad right there. Because it came off to me that you're implying intent.
...Which is dumb and you should've voted me on that right, right there, because of how that seriously goes.
Yeah, my wording went wrong, I think, or you misread it.
It should be
"Tiruin, I think you're scummy because you weren't hunting scum, but instead you were defending your 'perceived town reads'. You should have been making a case against someone instead of building a defense of two people"
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 10, 2017, 10:41:58 pm »

Yeah, my wording went wrong, I think, or you misread it.
It should be
"Tiruin, I think you're scummy because you weren't hunting scum, but instead you were defending your 'perceived town reads'. You should have been making a case against someone instead of building a defense of two people"
Either I did misread it, or I'm getting you being edgy is a common and consistent part of your play this game because you take things in polarity that I'm trying to 'defend' or 'reason' some kind of sticking to alignment.
It's like the recency effect came over to you just because I was literally the ONLY outspoken person to bap what you and him was doing AND MAKE A POINT ABOUT IT.
And what do you have about another person making their own statements of their own observation of two people? :P

FoS me with content buddy. I'd like to know your perspective.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 10, 2017, 11:11:18 pm »

The problem I have with what you did is what you didn't do. Scum hunting.
What is that recency effect?
The Cyan Menace

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 11, 2017, 12:19:56 am »

flabort

Flabort: sooo..... about that roleflip that didn't happen...
I genuinely thought it would happen.

One would like to think that you would have clarified things with webadict, considering that it was a significant part of why you accepted being lynched yesterday knowing it was a waste for town to do so, that you also admitted. The fact you admitted it is a smidgen of towncred for you.

doll:Can you still talk?  If you can still talk, who did you target?

doll did not visit me (and he probably didn't visit anyone else, since the planned kills didn't even happen) but flabort did visit doll. doll's stated plan was to visit everyone and since he flipped town with the role he claimed I see no reason to doubt him. To me, it seems likely that flabort blocked doll.

flabort: Explain last night.
1) Doll had lost interest in the game, see their last post, and probably didn't take any actions.
2) After I died, I got a new, different role as per my old role's ability "Backup Role". This means I lost all my old abilities like the redirect.
3) My new role had a one-shot kill.
4) I was still feeling salty towards Doll for their personal attacks towards me, still suspected them for the things they said, and also felt that if they were going to be inactive and drop out of the game, they would be useless as an inactive lump.
5) With that evidence, can you put 2 and 2 together?
(Hint: The answer is I killed Doll)

See, there's a lot wrong here. doll lost interest in D1, reasonably so if they thought that there was nothing else to gain from it. Where did you think they lost interest in the entire game? Did you forget - somehow, given this was a major talking point of D1 - that doll knew they were going to die, one way or another, on N1, and not consider if this had an influence on their interest of the game?

Further, if you have a one-shot kill as town, why are you wasting it immediately upon a player you think will be inactive, as opposed to a player you think is scummy? Not only that, you use a 1-shot action on a player that said they were going to be dead as a result of the actions they took anyway. This does not make sense from a town perspective. Certainly not from any player who was engaged with what was going on, either.

That you think that doll is scum based on their actions yesterday is also bewildering. They essentially put themselves in a position that, had they survived N1, they were guaranteed to be lynched D2. This does not make sense from a non-town perspective, with the sole exception of the Jester.

Again, considering this on top of the previous paragraphs, why use a 1-shot action on this player?

Thus, I need you to talk through your thought processes regarding these points in great detail, in particular your decision to kill doll during the night.

Flabort:
Quote from: Lenglon
Flabort: sooo..... about that roleflip that didn't happen...
Why did you not flip?
What changed in your role, if anything?
What did you do tonight, specifically?
1) Not sure. The ability doesn't specifically SAY I flip, but it certainly implied it. If I were GMing a game and gave an ability worded like that, the person would have flipped because their role changed.
2) Everything. I lost the infinite ability, I lost the power-giver ability, I lost the redirect, and the resurrect got used up. In return, I got a 1-shot kill and an auto. This auto gives me a 1-shot ability whenever I target or am targeted by a player, which if I'm reading it right is a random version of an ability they have. Speaking of which, Webadict, sent you a PM asking about that and my ability from targeting Doll?
3) I killed Doll.

Again, why did you not seek clarification from webadict regarding whether or not you flip?

Hector13
When you said that the only thing not WIFOM about Doll's claim is that they will die as a result of the claim, did you intend to kill them yourself? Or did you mean by voting today? Do you have any opinions, coming into today, that have changed overnight?

I meant they claimed they would die as a result of their own actions, claimed the mafia kill would be on them, and if they were still alive D2 they would most definitely be lynched.

I think you're telling porkies. Less sure of Lenglon/Shakerag. Curious how FoU will react to having time to explain their reads, whether they will obfuscate or come up with some good detail. Also interested to see how how TBF will piss away the day today.

You will not blame me if I completely ignore the other question here, or perhaps answer it with "mibbes aye, mibbes naw", 'cause I'm funny like that. Which is also funny, but for different reasons.

Peter Petrelli (Town)

You doing things like this doesn't help. Your auto there is basically you saying "don't target me dudes, you might inadvertently make me win!" which is likely to be quite effective, considering how you drew enough interest from the other players yesterday to get lynched, and the flip you were so convinced would happen in order to confirm your town status was not at all forthcoming. Perhaps people didn't act upon you on N1 because people expected doll to murder you in the night, and you know you don't have that luxury this time round.

Shakerag/Lenglon - I guess it doesn't matter who the vote ends up on, since a vote for one is a vote for the other. Speaking of which:

webadict: seein' as how Shakerag and Lenglon are technically one player, how does voting them work? Separate tallies, or are they added together?

TolyK:
Hello from Wisconsin Dells!

Piss off back to your own state :P

Flabort: You have seen my fuse ability in action. it is a phaseless 1-shot that has been used up at this time. clarify with Web if your new auto could give it to you, and what would need to be done to make it happen. tell me the results. again, I do have an infinate action mechanic if having me action you 10,000 times is necessary.
Assuming you got it, would you be willing to use it on us and tie your fate to ours? be aware doing this will set your wincon to match ours even if you are currently mafia or 3rd party.
Don't jump the gun on this flabort.  Unless you are mafia or third party or cult in which case go ahead and jump the gun.
Why should town be worried about jumping the gun here, if you are town?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 11, 2017, 12:54:59 am »

The problem I have with what you did is what you didn't do. Scum hunting.
What is that recency effect?
Yeah because you can conclude things about what I am and am not doing. :P
It's like one can effectively scumhunt with just one day--which is a point I made about metaknowledge and Bay12; activity spikes day 1 because people like getting reads on everyone else. That is okay. Inactive or publicly viewed inactive people gain suspicion, because proactivity is a major way to win (only/major).
But in all seriousness--if you can see TBF's responses, he's garnered much in my eyes but inasmuch as building a case on him, I've got him under lockdown in the night anyway.

Recency effect = focusing more on the ending/last parts of what is being read or observed. :O

And on that note, cross-role comparisons since I'm forgetful this Sunday...
I am FHPBYOR, Town. I have an auto that resurrects me, once, and that makes me suspicious of Tea's claim that they can resurrect one person they killed - besides the fact that they'd be using an action after they died. I have two night actions; one randomly redirects the target, and one gives the target a random 1-shot out of a set list of one-shots (Protect, Inspect, Kill, Track, Watch, Karma (?), Bus, Redirect, Guard, Block). And finally I have my own one shot, the most counter of the counter claims against Tea, which gives me infinite actions for the phase that I use it, and it reads that it does not count towards my one action per phase, and that any actions taken that phase can be targeted at any number of targets, so long as I target each person only once (each). NOTE that it doesn't say that it causes me or anyone else to die.
...If you knew it'd auto resurrect.
You somehow DIDN'T mention the rolechange here--or on you not flipping alignment.

What made you so sure about this?

PPE: ARGH I HIT POST and then Hector posted :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 11, 2017, 01:44:12 am »

Hector13:
What.
Hector, we're the same player.
Are you seriously voting us because one half of us put a qualifier on a plan the other half of us proposed? immediately after its proposition too.
That... I literally can't make that into an alignment tell of ANY kind. You'd have to somehow WIFOM yourself into me and him having a shared slot with different alignments.

having said that...
It is odd that no one really called out me voting for myself.  But, basically, it is advantageous to me to end the day with at least one vote on me.  I won't say more on that until D2 at least.
Feel free to leave your vote sitting there.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 11, 2017, 01:52:39 am »

Hector13:
What.
Are you seriously voting us because one half of us put a qualifier on a plan the other half of us proposed? immediately after its proposition too.
That... I literally can't make that into an alignment tell of ANY kind. You'd have to somehow WIFOM yourself into me and him having a shared slot with different alignments.

having said that...
It is odd that no one really called out me voting for myself.  But, basically, it is advantageous to me to end the day with at least one vote on me.  I won't say more on that until D2 at least.
I actually did want to call you out on voting yourself but early and back on--noticing 'Shakerag' voting for Lenglon-Shakerag, I chose not to and see what'd develop.

Also you voted yourself in what I could see...was normal :v
And you being silly.

Otherwise, you've subtly mentioned there that it's of more importance than you being silly and drunkenly[?] voting yourself :P
Although that one votecount does tell me that Lenglon and Shakerag can both individually vote, but I do infer that anything targeting one hits the other. They just seem joined.

But yeah.

PFP
Also I targeted Lenglag because doll was both huffy (not a reason why I didn't act on him) but because he acted in the day--to PM his actions at night, as I've read on a re-read, and it was thus both outside of my context/character to go against what I said earlier given our dialogue with each other.

And that I'd confirm or deny if they're millering SK but NOOOO I failed :v

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 11, 2017, 02:14:17 am »

I'm not going to be able to make a significant post until at least tomorrow evening (and by tomorrow I technically mean today, I just realized it's past midnight), and sure as hell am not going to be able to answer flabort's question right now because that requires mental faculties I don't have after a nine hour shift at past midnight.  However, I can provide an answer to lenglon's question, which is yes, you're correct, I no longer have my vote, it was stolen last night and I gained an interesting one-shot ability.  I'm not sure if those two facts are related or not.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 11, 2017, 03:03:56 am »

I didn't gain anything ;_;

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 11, 2017, 09:49:12 am »

Webadict:. If there was a player who had a standard wincon and an additional wincon that was like "gain a power from all living layers and you win" and you fulfilled the second wincon but not the first, could you still participate in the game?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 11, 2017, 10:15:40 am »

Hector13:
What.

Yup.

Why would I have to do that? Is that the only reason a I would be voting for you? Considering those reasons, why is bizarre WIFOM the first thing you bring up? Answer all questions, in order, if you please.

Afterward, please tell me how a fusion ability like yours could benefit the town while simultaneously be balanced enough to not unduly disadvantage third-party and, perhaps more importantly, scum.

Then you can tell me why using such an ability - one-shot, by your own admission - on D1, on a day that is unlikely to bring concrete information regarding other players alignments, would benefit the town more than waiting until later in the game.

After that, you can tell me why you, as yet unconfirmed, would use that ability as essentially an unblockable sane investigation instead of a kill, when pretty much the only way we can confirm that you are Town or that Shakerag is an SK-Miller is to make you flip. If your claim is to be believed, that removes two Town players from the pool, when it would have been much more sensible to just lynch Shakes at some point, losing only one townie, assuming he's truthing.

Then you can tell us why you failed to mention that your fusion with Shakes meant you now had a quicktopic together.

Finally, you said in the linked post that your fuse ability changes the wincon of the fused player to your wincon. What is your wincon?

having said that...

You seem awfully motivated to make me move my vote, reminding me that by voting someone that it's obvious I have suspicions over will actually benefit that someone.

I guess I'll risk it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 95