Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193610 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 2: One Up, One Down, And One Nowhere Around
« Reply #810 on: June 11, 2017, 11:26:42 am »

Webadict:. If there was a player who had a standard wincon and an additional wincon that was like "gain a power from all living layers and you win" and you fulfilled the second wincon but not the first, could you still participate in the game?
Sure. Why not?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 11, 2017, 12:37:34 pm »

Hector13:
seriously? Okay, in order it is:
1) because your accusation is self-contradictory. You are voting us for lightly opposing a plan we ourselves proposed, and doing that at the exact moment of its proposition. if said plan benefits faction X, and we are not faction X, then why propose it in the first place? you cant have it be both pro-ANYONE and anti-THAT SAME ANYONE at the same time. So what the hell are you doing?
2) bizzare WIFOM is the first thing I bring up because it's the only way I can think of to reconsile the self-contradictory nature of your accusation. Logic failures like that peeve me off to no end.
3) Wuba BYOR pre-massclaim and you want to argue ability balance. Nobody can answer that until roles are on the table, go (role)fish elsewhere since I see no reason to tell you the drawbacks of mine just because you feel threatened by us.
4) Are you seriously upset that I didn't wait until LYLO and then intentionally join the scumteam? That's your idea of a pro-town action? That is literally what you just said I should have done. What is this I don't even.
5) What. "It would have been much more sane to lynch <player A> at some point assuming <player A> is town." Yes that is how the town works, we lynch fellow townies every chance we get. also the sky is orange, and water is dry.
6)Us having a quicktopic seemed completely obvious by the nature of the fusion, so much so that I didn't even think to mention it. I very much wasn't hiding it as you could see yesterday when it came up.
7) wincons are listed in the OP hector, asking someone what their wincon is is not a valid alignment check. as I said before, Im town. I win when all anti-town factions are dead.
8) I like the vote, I just don't like the attack. or specificly the logical falacies involved in the attack. a case based on facts I can respect. This mess you tossed my way is offensive to even look at.

Hector: Why are you encouraging me to play in an anti-town manner and why does your case make the basic assumption that the lynch is controlled by scum? and why are you using "we" in talking about that scum-controlled lynch?

I mean, comon, just because Im offering to let your scumbuddy jump ship doesn't mean you can get away with this kinda stuff Hector.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 11, 2017, 01:12:33 pm »

Hector:WTF, dude?  WTF?  You aren't making any sense with the whole thing you're going on about.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 11, 2017, 02:36:25 pm »

Argh I don't have time to post about this.

Hector, I'll give you a bunch of info tonight.  I'm stuck in a museum​ right now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 11, 2017, 04:34:37 pm »

TolyK still isn't scumhunting, nyah. Regardless of his role abilities, if he's pro-town, he should be scumhunting, nyah.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 11, 2017, 04:38:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So killing Doll was a mistake. It was primarily emotionally driven, like I said, with a side of tenuous evidence. I admit my brain hasn't been fully functional during this game.
I'm afraid I cannot walk you through any thought process in great detail, as that ^ is as much detail as I can muster.

As for why I didn't seek clarification, I don't like to have to do that, and sometimes mods don't answer everything. I tend to make assumptions, which are sometimes wrong. I have asked Wuba about the new ability(s), because it is not so clear or easy to assume things about it.

I am not sure what "telling porkies" means. Is that a regional dialect?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I explained it in a later post. Or at least I thought I did; I looked through my own posts and didn't find the information, so I'm just as confused as you are now.

Webadict I PMed you some more questions yesterday, and I didn't get an answer when you sent my new abilities.

Everyone interested in my claims My new abilities are non-targeted. I got two abilities, one of which is clearly from Doll; a 1-shot auto which once again triggers on death: The ability is REDACTED on death, and turns me into a Caffeine addict giving me more abilities. The other ability gives everyone with Web Strands an additional Web Strand, and is only usable at night.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 11, 2017, 04:43:55 pm »

To your second new ability: what the heck, nyah?

Probably makes more since in context, nyah.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 11, 2017, 07:53:58 pm »

Tiruin: See here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164260.msg7480804#msg7480804.

Starting to wonder if Fallacy is a lyncher/assassin tbh.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 11, 2017, 08:36:10 pm »

@flabort: Yeah, it's a regional sort of slang for "telling really big/egregious lies".
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 11, 2017, 10:21:52 pm »

Starting to wonder if Fallacy is a lyncher/assassin tbh.
Because I'm focusing on only one person, nyah? Well, that's my play style, nyah. I look around until I find someone scummy, and then I focus on them to the exclusion of most else, nyah. Mainly because I'm bad at focusing on multiple people at once, nyah.

Also, if I was an assassin, I probably wouldn't... actually, I might try to get my target killed by town in this manner, nyah. By convincing the town that my target is scummy so they get shot, nyah.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 11, 2017, 11:16:20 pm »

Shakerag-Lenglon: Why did you target me last night?
flabort: You targeted doll last night. I find this suspicious, given that doll flipped town and suspected you were a mafia redirector.
Ok, on phone so this'll be painful.
We targeted everyone last night.  So... You're not special, sorry.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 11, 2017, 11:31:25 pm »

I may be biased but I feel like taking away my vote is more likely to come from mafia than not mafia and I would welcome people proving that they didn't steal mine via doing whatever the double voting format is.
Ok just so you don't keep freaking out over this it was me.  I stole your vote.  And 4mask's vote.  Technically, we tried to steal everyone's vote, but I think we had a very, very sub 1% chance.

Why?  To turn into a godlike LYLO smasher, of course.

Oh, and, no that's not permanent, but I can trigger it to be. 

You can do all sorts of crazy shit when you mush two roles together!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 11, 2017, 11:34:47 pm »

Flabort:. We are fairly defensible.  Exact details are need to know.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 11, 2017, 11:41:59 pm »

Hector13: Why is your state so goddamned hot right now?

Also, I was cautioning flabort to not jump the gun if he was town because if we all three merged that would be three town player slots condensed down into one.  An inviting target for scum.  But if flabort did merge with us we could totally hit that second wincon of his easily.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 11, 2017, 11:43:13 pm »

And secondly, why would I want to go back to my state?  Three years without a state budget and counting...
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 95