Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193453 times)

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Bring Out The Lanterns
« Reply #735 on: June 07, 2017, 02:03:00 am »

Well, I've got no interest in a game which people are treating as some kind of therapy session instead of something to actually play.
Congratulations Flabort, you beat Leafsnail's record. You've made me lose interest in the game on Day 1.
I'd say 'seeya' but I'm not coming back this time.

Why are y'all still voting someone who just confirmed himself as town?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 07, 2017, 02:39:04 am »

Well, I've got no interest in a game which people are treating as some kind of therapy session instead of something to actually play.
Congratulations Flabort, you beat Leafsnail's record. You've made me lose interest in the game on Day 1.
I'd say 'seeya' but I'm not coming back this time.
So instead of talking to Flabort, you judged, concluded, and left while leaving blame on him because of your bitterness.
Man... <_<

That's stupid. Not even of any quality you've given back there. Or in etiquette of asking for a replacement.
He just mentions a RL event which affected his mood at the time, and you--probably without the best of mindset at the moment--jump ship while throwing "shit" back at him. The point of Mafia is to have fun, not build up a case on another person purely out of your own lens of perspective and "win", and part of 'fun' is communication.
There was SO LITTLE OF THAT TO FLABORT that it irks me to see this kind of post.
"I'm leaving, your fault, you made me lose interest."

We are better off without that playstyle; when you return or in any future games you play in, drop the bitterness please.
It affects you too, in the end.

So don't blame him for something you're fully in control with. You could've picked anyone else to make your case on but you picked this one guy who mentioned something important in his post; you're in control of how you react--there is no blame on him, doll.

Instead of talking with him about it, you decided to quit. He's not faulted for his one post wherein he brought up something ON HIS SIDE and NOT YOURS. He isn't even using it as any excuse whatsoever, just as a snippet for his mood.
Same scenario with Leafsnail; overfocus and a lack of communication.

Do not blame others when it's something you could've handled better.

Tiruin is...not really making any sense to me at the moment. Can someone translate?
Sorry, and to clarify:
I don't understand what her last bit to Persus means at all.
It was to Flabort's note. :P "Tiruin misses things all the time. While this is in a way, true, why I asked "Are you sure what you said there applies to me?" is because I noticed those people were all NOT on the vote wagon on him.

^ And furthermore I'm not sure if I'm defining active lurking differently from her or from literally everyone, but my understanding of the term active lurking is posting things that contribute only on the surface/or even outright fluff but don't reflect very much of a desire to solve the game? As such I don't understand the relevance of activity level outside of the thread.
I may lack the time to keep up with making that list-post, but I am keeping notes for any future questioning, D2 onwards.
Also back to this; it's the part of the vote wagon on Flabort about his activity and what it implies. That's what I've made an angle about there.
And then she is asking people to push on her, and then seemingly getting defensive in response to just TolyK pressing her and revealing her hand of clever softing that she's been doing throughout the day for reasons I don't super understand? (Another example of the latter bit is in the first quote of this post.)
It's more what TolyK said :O
I can get and understand what he's implying by his understanding, but the push is more 'ability hit me' or 'try to make sense of me too', which TolyK did.

Also that votecount, Tea, was this, not an earlier one.

And all my words are messy because of doll's latest post.

It is very dissatisfying to see another person, blame another person, for something fully on their own side. While I may just be learning something new about others here--it feels totally out of character...unless it was fully in-character, and in one's playstyle all along to act and think like that.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 07, 2017, 03:18:08 am »

So, I just woke up, and read some stuff.

Can people please stop being overly emotional in these games? :(

Everyone here is literally out to get you. You can't fully trust everyone. Of course people will make their cases with different posts and such. Things can be explained differently (eg. Tiruin could be scum trying to get flabort not lynched today! or flabort is town and we are misjudging his activity today because of playstyle! Or a myriad of other possibilities).

So obviously people might contradict you, not trust you, etc. And you know this, obviously, but I'm just reiterating, because some people might feel like people are personally attacking them because they're mean (and not because of many possible reasons). I would just like to remind folks that this is a game, don't get too worked up if people point out flaws or blatantly disrespect you or whatever makes you irritated, because it has no bearing on things outside the game. That said, please also refrain from personal "you style is shit" attacks, because ... well, those don't help you find scum, they aren't scumtells.

I'll have to read Tiruin's response and such a bit later, but jeez. This had been brewing the whole D1 as people get frustrated and then post long posts about how they wanted to relax and instead are getting worked up.. I understand that many are on medication or whatnot and thus it's harder, I won't pretend to know or understand specifics, but hopefully this alleviates the problem on both ends.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 07, 2017, 03:19:38 am »

It is helpful to know that health reasons are the primary cause of flabort's disengagement from the game regardless of his alignment.

In my opinion there was a very clear "get off my lawn" mentality/mentality of taking things incredibly personally expressed that went well beyond just mentioning a real life event.

It's unclear to me whether doll's last post was a replace-out post or an "I'm done posting this phase" post coming from someone that didn't want the phase extended in the first place and has claimed that they are not living through the night.

Currently feeling like a good way to proceed is to confirm flabort's claim and have that to work from.

Happy to go back to FoU, either.

Still having trouble understanding you (Tiruin) but perhaps things will improve that regard after I sleep.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 07, 2017, 04:17:08 am »

Quick post, because I don't like my vote, don't have time for a serious post tonight, and won't be available at all tomorrow.

Unvote flabort (Wuba missed my vote in the count).  I'm still uneasy about the focus on thirds, but most of the evidence of him being scum better fits a faction-irrelevant narrative.  His responses to the various attacks convince me of the immediate impression I got: goals to pursue a faction's strategic interests (feels like town's, particularly with his acceptance of most points against him) and to pursue his own health and happiness (not spending ages on a stressful and less-than-fun game while dealing with depression) came into conflict, and the more important one had a substantial influence.

Fallacy as a fallback.  See the stuff about the reads seeming manufactured.

flabort: Something less dense, then. (Youtube link.  Cat video.)

As for doll, welcome to Mafia, a social game where the players are human beings, with all that entails.  Don't be a colossal prick.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 07, 2017, 07:30:47 am »

Hey guys.

Chill atmosphere.

It's in the rules.

Doll, you too. No harshing the mellows. Only marshing the mellows.

Now, get back to murdering each other.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 07, 2017, 09:46:50 am »

Lenglon:
Emphasis mine. So, you have a chat as well, not just a role-info-swap carried out by Wuba, right?
Yup!  Although I'm not really sure why we needed one...
you say that when I just wrote message 106 in our chat...
Hey, smoke 'em if you got 'em. 

TolyK:
I answered this one. I'll answer it again, since I can't be bothered rereading again. :( (I'm pretty sure I answered in plaintext and didn't quote you, so you missed it too...)
This is more of a gut feeling, however based on themes and my knowledge of roles, the feeling is reinforced. My reasoning is that vote manip is not-rare in BYOR's, so if I can afford to not vote I'd do that. Since I've already started, I don't see why I should stop this policy.
Yeah, I must have missed it. 
So ... if you're that concerned about vote manipulation wouldn't you be cautioning everyone else from voting willy-nilly?

Tea:
Tiruin is...not really making any sense to me at the moment. Can someone translate?
Sadly, no.  This is par for the course with Tiruin.  Which is why she's permanently in my "can't get a read on" category in every game.
You know how if you're reading something that makes you really angry you're "seeing red"?  Reading Tiruin's posts makes me "see rainbow" every time. 

webadict:
No harshing the mellows. Only marshing the mellows.
Instructions unclear; dick stuck in marshmallow.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 07, 2017, 10:06:22 am »

Yeah, there's definitely more to whatever TolyK did to me than what was first apparent.
~~~
TolyK: are you actually scum hunting now?
~~~
webadict: You forgot my oppose shorten.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 07, 2017, 10:32:05 am »

webadict: You forgot my oppose shorten.
Oh god, please use light green instead of dark purple. I use the Darkling theme. Or orange. Or yellow. Anything light

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 07, 2017, 10:53:11 am »

Sure. webadict: You forgot my oppose shorten.

Agh my eyes.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 07, 2017, 12:56:18 pm »

Are you going to go into any detail with your reads or answer any of the questions that were directed at you from before, FoU?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 07, 2017, 01:06:27 pm »

*sigh*
Why doll? why...
Whatever, since apparently nobody else followed doll's primary case on flabort, I guess Ill have to push it.
Flabort - explain how doll's roleclaim induces WIFOM.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 07, 2017, 01:09:25 pm »

... for srs? How does it not?

The only thing not WIFOM-y about it is that doll'll die as a direct result of the claim, whether it's true or not.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 07, 2017, 01:20:19 pm »

Hector13: 1) do not answer for flabort. I need his response, not anyone else's, or the question will be invalidated.

2) Senario 1- doll is scum. doll is lynched d2, and still had little influence on the D1 lynch.

Senario 2 - doll is town. onvious result is obvious

Where is the WIFOM?

Again I need Flabort's answer, not yours hector.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 07, 2017, 01:33:38 pm »

Oh, and "doll might be a joker" isn't a valid answer. Thats a problem for N1 inspectors and D2 everyone else. D1 nobody has a reason to care about that. since we arent lynching doll D1 anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 95