Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193491 times)

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Bring Out The Lanterns
« Reply #750 on: June 07, 2017, 02:04:48 pm »

Caught up, some quick thoughts more will come when I'm home in 3½ hours' time.

If Fallacy is the fallback lynch and flips teamed scum, Tolyk and Tea should never be shot. I think I have notes on some TBF stuff as well.

I don't quite get why Doll thinks Flabort is "confirmed town", though Flaborts interactions with Doll makes decent sense if they're two fairly identical powers in terms of some actions, power and mechanics.

Whoever it was that asked, I think it might've been Jack? Essentially my reasons for being willing to vote Flabort is very much a kin to some of the observations Doll talked about which I also made about 500 posts ago.

They're not poking people in any manner I would consider they get anything alignment indicative from, they're very "off-hands" and overly careful and has done very little to push the game forward.

If we leave Flabort alive, my prefered lynches are between Fallacy and TBF.

If Fallacy is lynched and flips mafia, shoot TBF and probably TDS or Tiruin.
If Fallacy flips town/solo 3P, shoot TBF and probably Tolyk, TDS or Tea(will attempt to narrow down later)

I can't remember my TBF observations so I'll make some comments about shots depending on his flip.

The dude looking for replacement could potentially be a decent shot in terms of narrowing down poe, but obviously can't reliably be resurrected so might be a  poor choice because of that in case they're town.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 07, 2017, 02:26:45 pm »

I'm still not seeing how flabort confirmed himself as town.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 07, 2017, 02:30:40 pm »

And apparently doll decided to leave a vote on flabort anyway.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 07, 2017, 02:38:54 pm »

he didnt confirm as town at all

hes claiming that upon lynch he will die, flip, be revealed as town, auto-revive, and get a new set of powers along the lines of an enhanced JOAT. the flip supposedly will confirm he is town.

considering that past BYOR auto-revive mechanics have not had the beneficiary flip, I doubt the truth of his claim. either he wont flip, or he wont revive. i doubt he'll get both.

Frankly, I dont get why hes so ipset to be lynched if when we strike him down he will become more powerful than we can possibly imagine.

so yeah, I dont buy it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 07, 2017, 02:54:33 pm »

Is there any precedent for Judas/Saulus type roles in BYORs?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 07, 2017, 02:56:00 pm »

*sigh*
Why doll? why...
Whatever, since apparently nobody else followed doll's primary case on flabort, I guess Ill have to push it.
Flabort - explain how doll's roleclaim induces WIFOM.

Eh, I'll wait just a bit before full claiming.
For now though:
1) I'm dying tonight
2) I'm unblockable
3) My role is very strong
4) I suspect that there may exist daygame powers which can snipe me before I get to night 1
5) That includes voting control powers
6) Therefore, anyone who votes me today is madcrazy suspicious if I don't get all my fireworks off
7) Therefore, don't vote me if you are town
8) I'm probably going to get daykilled or something anyway
9) Jokes on you scum, you I actually need to make it to Day 2 and couldn't think of a good way to dodge the scumkill
10) Have fun with the wifom, nano desu
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 07, 2017, 02:57:33 pm »

Well, flabort's claim makes slightly more sense if you consider my theme submission.

FBYOR. The odd thing being I submitted FBYOR 1 and not FBYOR 2.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 07, 2017, 03:07:08 pm »

Are you going to go into any detail with your reads or answer any of the questions that were directed at you from before, FoU?
Some of the questions, anyway. I'm fairly sure some of the questions were RVS questions, but the ones that are still relevant I'll be fine answering... if I can find them all. It may be a while before I get to those.

As for my reads... well, they were fairly initial reads. I could possibly go into more detail, and actually, I'd be happy to do so. Again, however, it may be some time before I do so, given "more detail" equates to doing the same level of study as I did on TolyK, that is, looking through all their posts.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 07, 2017, 03:13:40 pm »

Flabort - doll's point 10 is in reference to point 9, which is spoken directly to the scum.
The only people WIFOMd by doll's claim are the scumteam.
You are claiming to be WIFOMd by dolls claim.
therefore, you are scum.

Last chance - Flabort - where is the WIFOM?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 07, 2017, 04:15:43 pm »

Flabort - doll's point 10 is in reference to point 9, which is spoken directly to the scum.
The only people WIFOMd by doll's claim are the scumteam.
You are claiming to be WIFOMd by dolls claim.
therefore, you are scum.

Last chance - Flabort - where is the WIFOM?
In the quoted post, I believe point 1 is WIFOM, point 2 is WIFOM, and point 9 is WIFOM.

Furthermore, we have a later claim.
Spoiler: kore wa fullclaim des (click to show/hide)

I intend to use (E) to use (D) twice and (A) and (B) some arbitrary number of times on every player in night 1.
What part of this ISN'T WIFOM?
The Cyan Menace

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 07, 2017, 04:29:49 pm »

Quick post now, because I have an exam in 8 hours tomorrow (today).

... guys, the first post was definitely WIFOM.

The point is that WIFOM ==/=> scum, though. And the point is that doll's claim is set to be checked tonight.

Same with Flabort's claim that he flips, then revives. He'll also be claim-checked.

Lenglon-Shakerag are more or less confirmed same alignment. I've confirmed part of my role to FoU (yes, that was one of my abilities, and it's back now, I honestly don't get how you still think I could plausibly be a cult leader, but w/e; also, yes, I have been scumhunting today, right above your post is the fruits of the labor :P).

It seems like D1 has been fairly good, for a BYOR, actually. I still stand by lynching Flabort to check his claim. If he's lying and is town, he should probably say it now.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 07, 2017, 05:08:17 pm »

It seems like D1 has been fairly good, for a BYOR, actually. I still stand by lynching Flabort to check his claim. If he's lying and is town, he should probably say it now.
Took me a second to parse that. Why would I be lying about being town? :P
But no, nothing I said about my role, my theme, alignment, or abilities is a lie.
The Cyan Menace

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 07, 2017, 05:41:03 pm »

Flabort, why would town care if doll is unblockable? point 1, again, only WIFOMs scum.
Point 2, if doll is scum, is STUPID wifom that will self-resolve. it doesnt wifom town on d1. only wifoms killing roles, like the scumteam, and inspectors on n1. and itll self-resolve by lynching doll d2.
I STILL see nothing to WIFOM me or anyone else town on D1. on D2, if doll is alive, then WIFOM will be had. but not until.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 07, 2017, 07:55:38 pm »

*sigh*
Why doll? why...
Whatever, since apparently nobody else followed doll's primary case on flabort, I guess Ill have to push it.
Flabort - explain how doll's roleclaim induces WIFOM.
I did, and I'm ambivalent to it since it tries to induce a conclusive scumhunt on Day 1 without anything else than behavior reaction. Doesn't look like either could be scum given how each do communicate however I'm also doubtful on that since Flabort hasn't been that precise in his responses in turn, although I can see a very real degree of reason in his responses.

Also in doll's last post, I have no idea who he's talking about in confirmed town--especially since he did NOTHING ABOUT HIS OWN ACTIONS [eww bitter aftertaste; eww out of character behavior] if he's referring to Flabort.

Frankly, I dont get why hes so ipset to be lynched if when we strike him down he will become more powerful than we can possibly imagine.
Splotchy net has me speaking in immediate reactions instead of detailed responses--wasn't able to get online yesterday or screenshot stuff to post and reply to, and I forgot Webby's timezone (I recall it is GMT -4? so it's basically 8pm his time as of my writing? .-.;) but this...pretty much is a towntell :V
He is UPSET because the lynch could be used on OTHER PEOPLE maybe?
And that he's voting doll because of the voracity of the case presented on him because it pretty much is through one's own personal lens. Adding in doll's wording style and, as I've come to know, his overall actual bitterness, it makes a compelling emotional case. This perspective of his bitterness in behavior will prevail until he actually says something about it, but I haven't looked down upon him as a person beyond the 'stupidity' of the user account being a foil, just his behavior.

Sure. webadict: You forgot my oppose shorten.

Agh my eyes.
Use orange dude. It's what got Webby's eyes since ever--I use darkling and it's personally the BEST color to catch, even in the default 'core' forum view (white background)

Oh, and "doll might be a joker" isn't a valid answer. Thats a problem for N1 inspectors and D2 everyone else. D1 nobody has a reason to care about that. since we arent lynching doll D1 anyway.
This, I agree with >_>
Despite doll's intensiveness in how he words things, he words them in a way that gets ideas and information with experience. This depth did, unspokenly, make me very wary on if he was scum so I did treat all his words as if they're in some sort of filter of sorts, however lately I'm all leaning in the gray zone due to his...unclarified and unknown interpretation of recent events >_> The bitterness is, actually, real, and that threw me off.
Otherwise, he presented a compelling case, which Flabort's responses (CHECK HIS POST HISTORY PEOPLE) ended up in a fullclaim about--giving off the real impression that doll isn't just talking out of something such as a group-agenda {usually mafia/scum} (though it is, honestly, weird that he leaves his vote on him, leaves in an ungentlemanly and out of character huff [I'm suspecting he interpreted something on his side, it invoked an intense and generalized reaction or thought or idea or impression about the game at that point, and he concluded on that instead of actually rethinking his thoughts])
Quote from: Flabort's claim
Reference here
[...]
I am FHPBYOR, Town. I have an auto that resurrects me, once, and that makes me suspicious of Tea's claim that they can resurrect one person they killed - besides the fact that they'd be using an action after they died. I have two night actions; one randomly redirects the target, and one gives the target a random 1-shot out of a set list of one-shots (Protect, Inspect, Kill, Track, Watch, Karma (?), Bus, Redirect, Guard, Block). And finally I have my own one shot, the most counter of the counter claims against Tea, which gives me infinite actions for the phase that I use it, and it reads that it does not count towards my one action per phase, and that any actions taken that phase can be targeted at any number of targets, so long as I target each person only once (each). NOTE that it doesn't say that it causes me or anyone else to die.
[...]
...ALso doesn't it make sense to be PRETTY upset that one is to lose an ACTUALLY IMPORTANT and rather pragmatic ability/auto because of the reasons presented--including a vote of one person in absentia?
Doll, in as far as I believe in his competence, would probably have actually left since that's one part none of us can control; but I don't believe he would leave the follow-up unread. What I mean is he may lurk through this, and thus I'm still targeting his husk of an account later on.

And to clarify, yes I'm still bitter about what he's said and done, but I do not lower the idea of him as a person beyond the account to his behavior. It's just that he's pretty much absent and all I've to work with, is that possibility of 'leave a note on what to do in N1', and to re-read all his stuff about 'I'm ded D2 :< so this is all my shots'. [ie His earlier posts about softclaiming about his role, adding a bit of understandable WIFOM to nudge in a polarity between SCUMSHOT and Town attractive-abilities in N1 for a presumed plan, and also in his semantical constructs towards people in particular. His views are still important sans his last recent posts, and even then there are things in his posts that are important sans the portions that are...outside of Mafia [but also personally important]]
It's bitter that he's done it in this way though. How he did it. -_- If there's ANY consolation in his role flavor or whatever post-game, that'll make just a tiny bit of recompense, but I'm seeking that in his earliest posts about a possible plan, because while it doesn't affect me {y'know probably}, it affects others inasmuch as literally everyone else here does affect the balance of the game.
Because I'm still thinking AT LEAST 3 scum, re-considering my earlier mention of 3 mafia in a supposedly vanilla 16 player alignment setup.

tl;dr: I do see doll's case being solid. I do not however see it as opaque. Translucent--meaning that while there are pretty nice points in it FROM pretty much information given within the game, denoting flabort's RESPONSE to his own actions, there's still an area of having an agenda in it. Why I'm not voting EITHER OF THEM is because I'm leaning town on either in a very gray area given both their interactions with each other, and what I've read of both.

ANYWAY

Tea, I appreciate your endeavors to check on me--pretty much one of the lesser people in the spotlight of today, within today.

Everyone here is literally out to get you. You can't fully trust everyone. Of course people will make their cases with different posts and such. Things can be explained differently (eg. Tiruin could be scum trying to get flabort not lynched today! or flabort is town and we are misjudging his activity today because of playstyle! Or a myriad of other possibilities).
Alright while I loved this post and rationality in poking sensitive emotions in an actual nice way instead of a condescending or overriding way...
You're seriously correlating me and Flabort without giving any mention that we could be both of town or either town/scum or whatever? :P

People CAN defend each other if they see validity in the response, and defending isn't a scum-tell if...I'm assuming very vaguely from that parentheses example. Just part of your story but I'm curious about why only those ideas are mentioned. :3

Especially why you kinda missed my point early in the game about what or why I'm saying particular phrases and sentences. How did you interpret me saying 'hey dudez, plz no inspectorino meee! I'm town!~' [/wowI'mbadatthis]

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 07, 2017, 08:48:40 pm »

Anyone know the votes? I might prefer a FoU lynch but would rather not tie :)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 95