Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193801 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Bring Out The Lanterns
« Reply #705 on: June 06, 2017, 02:43:50 pm »

Interesting.  Piecing together what has been said, it would appear that (at least to some degree) the themes we submitted influenced categories of abilities doled out amongst the players.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 06, 2017, 02:47:39 pm »

Interesting.  Piecing together what has been said, it would appear that (at least to some degree) the themes we submitted influenced categories of abilities doled out amongst the players.
This appears to be the case with my theme as well.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 06, 2017, 02:49:47 pm »

Oh yeah, I meant to say it during my AtE, but I do agree Drunk You is more coherent and less of an ass then normal you. Though you haven't been much of an ass this game anyways.

And I have no clue what my theme did. I actually submitted two in case the first one was invalid. The first was Theme to Gravity Falls, and in case that wasn't what Wuba was looking for I also sent "Mystery".
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 06, 2017, 02:58:44 pm »

I am FHPBYOR, Town. I have an auto that resurrects me, once, and that makes me suspicious of Tea's claim that they can resurrect one person they killed - besides the fact that they'd be using an action after they died.
You mean, Doll, here, not Tea, right?

If anything your role makes doll's claim more probable, not less.

Also, you're making the dangerous assumption that this is a normal game. Its not, its a webadict BYOR. Those things are a category in and of itself.

Also, why would Doll claim something that would be too close to your role be suspicious? Do you think he knows your role?

one brings piles of emotional bullshit and personal attacks
Is this in reference to me?
No, you're the one who is causing the game to go at a blurred speed.
Tea has 30 posts in the thread. Pozzai, Lenglon, doll, TBF and TolyK have way more than her. I'm confused.

I'm not sure how you guys let Shakerag, Tiruin, TDS and TBF get away with their bullshit of ending conversations and selectively ignoring shit, but the wagon that formed against me for... what are you even voting for me over again? I can't even tell, especially in Doll's posts.
I don't see why Shakerag is included on this. Tiruin misses things all the time. I blame it on her bad internet usually. I'm not sure what you are referring to with TDS here, people in-thread have pointed out multiple times that TBF always plays this way.

And I have no clue what my theme did. I actually submitted two in case the first one was invalid. The first was Theme to Gravity Falls, and in case that wasn't what Wuba was looking for I also sent "Mystery".
Considering my theme resulted in half the D1 opening flavor, I imagine your theme will come into play in a similar manner.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 06, 2017, 03:00:15 pm »

I just looked through the TBF material, as his reads (such as they were) had moments where they seemed quite real (the Tea nonread and confusion, in particular, feels like his actual position), and I had been thinking about this while away from the thread.

Not much on him (definitely has missed/skipped questions, aggressively unhelpful), but I did notice something.

I don't, haven't I explained that before?  I got ninja'd by something that basically disproved the main cause of my suspicions, as I have explained, repeatedly.
You haven't explained that before. You explained the tone change, but neglected to mention that it was a read change at some point too.
This is strange from hector.  It's a gotcha moment that focuses on precise wording, but look at the context:
Spoiler: Context (click to show/hide)
Hector requested an explanation of TBF's shift in one post from being most suspicious of Pozzai to unvoting Pozzai.  TBF responded by saying he was ninjaed in the middle of the post by strong Pozzai-Tiruin interactions, leading to the aforementioned tonal shift.  To jump on TBF for later referring to this as a shift in reads is a stretch.  Nitpicky, the idea was implicit in the original response, and TBF is hardly known for precise wording.

hector13: Please give more detail about your thoughts regarding TBF's shift in wording.

TDS still has my questions to answer (particularly the Pozzai one).

what are you even voting for me over again? I can't even tell, especially in Doll's posts.
flabort: Quick summaries:
*I'm voting you for selectively responding to questions, not giving promised responses, lack of engagement, lack of questions, and that strange focus on third parties.
*4maskwolf finds your reads generally strange and manufactured-looking, highlighting a few he finds particularly off.
*Doll is voting you (and voting you and voting you) for many reasons.  Doesn't like your distrust of their claim, and there's a whole thing built on that and your redirect claim (overstated, in my eyes).   Also emphasizes your lack of pursuit of suspects, lack of probing questions (quite a bit stronger)...
*Pozzai's on you for...honestly, I've kind of lost track myself.
*Tea has a gut feeling, and finds your reads lack depth.
*Lenglon finds the 4mask and doll cases strong.
I can't recall them ever making a power that kills the user as a side-effect
Doll's claim is to a great extent a variant of Darvi's role from BYOR 7: a point-based system where spending points to act means spending your life.  Also note Darvi's power Ice XI, which kills him as a side-effect.

Pozzai: Can you remind me of your reason for voting flabort, please?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 06, 2017, 03:03:44 pm »

Claimed themes:

Jack A T - the balance of threat (seems to deal with allying against a common threat? Could be related to Lenglon's fusion and whoever did the quicktopic invite thing [TolyK?])
Persus13 - the musical theme for the bad guy of the film Once Upon a Time in the West, composed by Ennio Morricone
doll - denpa (not sure if this theme applied to abilities, but could be related to poisoning/hypnosis based on the Wikipedia article?)
origamiscienceguy - music (not sure if general or actually "music")
4maskwolf - Chaos (it's a BYOR, of course there will be)
TheDarkStar - Recursion
Tiruin - "Metaknowledge. [This is untrue]"  ???  Claims a white lie on later, so likely the same idea but not worded that way exactly.  "But yeah I'm serious about having put in Balance somewhere in submitting the theme or otherwise."
Tea - "Also, my theme is so specific (it's 8 words long) that I feel like it's kinda bad for me to claim it at this point."
Lenglon - "my theme was related to extremely high action counts"
flabort - "The first was Theme to Gravity Falls, and in case that wasn't what Wuba was looking for I also sent "Mystery"."
FallacyOfUrist - ???
hector13 - ???
Shakerag - ???
Pozzai - ???
TheBiggerFish - ???
TolyK - ???

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 06, 2017, 03:22:24 pm »

I AM REREADING THINGS. Really quick replies before I delve further. I think I missed Shakerag's question which I didn't answer beforehand, so hopefully I don't miss it while rereading...

Somebody asked me if I still think TolyK is a cult leader given the new info I have.

The answer is... maybe. I can make a semi-informed guess on how he showed me what he did with what information I have, and I'm not sure why a cult leader would have an ability like what I'm picturing. There might be something hidden about it though, so that's where the maybe comes in.

That said, I'm still thinking he's some flavor of nasty, given the lack of scum hunting I've seen from him. Maybe it's an arsonist variant. /speculation
Holy crap, I just remembered a gem...

Tiruin, remember when you were really really convinced that I was lying about being a town poisoner (i.e. town-aligned poisoner)? And it was eventually revealed that I was a town poisoner? It's not particularly relevant here, as I'm not a poisoner, but that was a fun emotion I had and wanted to boop you with it. :D

More seriously, though, "little scumhunting" is fairly correct.

Claimed themes:

Jack A T - the balance of threat (seems to deal with allying against a common threat? Could be related to Lenglon's fusion and whoever did the quicktopic invite thing [TolyK?])
Not related, no.

Lenglon - "my theme was related to extremely high action counts"
:|

I'll claim my theme:
It's about AI.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 06, 2017, 03:37:28 pm »

what are you even voting for me over again? I can't even tell, especially in Doll's posts.
flabort: Quick summaries:
*I'm voting you for selectively responding to questions, not giving promised responses, lack of engagement, lack of questions, and that strange focus on third parties.
*4maskwolf finds your reads generally strange and manufactured-looking, highlighting a few he finds particularly off.
*Doll is voting you (and voting you and voting you) for many reasons.  Doesn't like your distrust of their claim, and there's a whole thing built on that and your redirect claim (overstated, in my eyes).   Also emphasizes your lack of pursuit of suspects, lack of probing questions (quite a bit stronger)...
*Pozzai's on you for...honestly, I've kind of lost track myself.
*Tea has a gut feeling, and finds your reads lack depth.
*Lenglon finds the 4mask and doll cases strong.
I can't recall them ever making a power that kills the user as a side-effect
Doll's claim is to a great extent a variant of Darvi's role from BYOR 7: a point-based system where spending points to act means spending your life.  Also note Darvi's power Ice XI, which kills him as a side-effect.

Pozzai: Can you remind me of your reason for voting flabort, please?
Your vote: Fair. I think the first part can be blamed on my lack of focus, and I think the last part can be blamed on my general feeling that there are usually anti-town third parties in BYOR games. But fair enough, I can agree that's a valid reason to vote me.
4mask's vote: Meh. I got lazy, because making the reads was taking too long. He wants to vote me over that, I have no problem with that.
Doll's vote(s): So.. they don't like my playstyle. Boo. Well, fuck 'em. I don't see any valid reasoning there except the last two reasons you gave for their vote, which can be excused by IDGAF my medication isn't working.
Pozzai's vote: WAGON
Tea's vote: WAGON
Lenglon's vote: WAGON

I still don't trust Lenglon entirely. Especially since they said they learned Shakerag's alignment but Shakerag didn't learn theirs.

As for the part about Darvi's role, fine. But I still don't trust Doll, I feel like they've personally attacked me for no reason, I still don't feel that everything they said in their initial claim adds up (Especially "Chew on that WIFOM"), and I am very upset at them right now. So my vote stays.

And I can't read that court thingy, it feels to dense and my eyes glaze over after the first couple lines.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 06, 2017, 03:52:46 pm »

I still don't trust Lenglon entirely. Especially since they said they learned Shakerag's alignment but Shakerag didn't learn theirs.
Well Lenglon claimed she was town to me.  I can at least confirm that she wasn't mafia because the merging thing meant she became my alignment (town)(My updated role includes her abilities and I can see the ability she used to do the merge which clearly states she would take on whatever alignment I had).  So if she went from mafia (or anything with another team) to town, you'd think she'd rat out her previous partners.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 06, 2017, 04:06:52 pm »

I just looked through the TBF material, as his reads (such as they were) had moments where they seemed quite real (the Tea nonread and confusion, in particular, feels like his actual position), and I had been thinking about this while away from the thread.

Not much on him (definitely has missed/skipped questions, aggressively unhelpful), but I did notice something.

I don't, haven't I explained that before?  I got ninja'd by something that basically disproved the main cause of my suspicions, as I have explained, repeatedly.
You haven't explained that before. You explained the tone change, but neglected to mention that it was a read change at some point too.
This is strange from hector.  It's a gotcha moment that focuses on precise wording, but look at the context:
Spoiler: Context (click to show/hide)
Hector requested an explanation of TBF's shift in one post from being most suspicious of Pozzai to unvoting Pozzai.  TBF responded by saying he was ninjaed in the middle of the post by strong Pozzai-Tiruin interactions, leading to the aforementioned tonal shift.  To jump on TBF for later referring to this as a shift in reads is a stretch.  Nitpicky, the idea was implicit in the original response, and TBF is hardly known for precise wording.

hector13: Please give more detail about your thoughts regarding TBF's shift in wording.

I don't know because I'm quite confused regarding the matter and TBF is so unhelpful I want to kick a hole in the wall.

I thought his "tone change" was in reference to:

Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)

But now I think the tonal change he was referring to was the "context" spoiler in your post above, but I don't know because TBF is so unhelpful I want to jump in my car and never come back.

The jump on TBF for the read change is probably 'cause I was a bit surprised/befuddled at the apparent-but-as-yet-unconfirmed crossed signals.

It is interesting nonetheless. He switched his view on Pozzai from "dude is totes scum" to "I was voting you to make you do something else, now you've done it my read has completely changed", a change which doesn't make sense to me.

I then asked him multiple times regarding what it was exactly that Pozzai had done to swing his scumdar from "TOTALLY SCUM" to "not scum" (specifically whether or not Pozzai was seeking out the apparently mind-blowing exchange with Tiruin) and he's playing coy, or is just unhelpful AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 06, 2017, 04:09:51 pm »

Off-topic, but: Did anyone notice this changing?

Players:
4maskwolf
doll
FallacyOfUrist
flabort
hector13
Jack A T
Lenglon - Merged to become Lenglon-Shakerag Day 1
Lenglon-Shakerag - Created Day 1
origamascienceguy - Requires Replacement
Persus13
Pozzai
Shakerag - Merged to become Lenglon-Shakerag Day 1
Tea
TheBiggerFish
TheDarkStar
Tiruin
TolyK

Shakerag:
Well Lenglon claimed she was town to me.  I can at least confirm that she wasn't mafia because the merging thing meant she became my alignment (town)(My updated role includes her abilities and I can see the ability she used to do the merge which clearly states she would take on whatever alignment I had).  So if she went from mafia (or anything with another team) to town, you'd think she'd rat out her previous partners.
So, why didn't you claim this earlier?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 06, 2017, 04:13:06 pm »

TolyK:Why are you being wilfully oblivious to mechanics and GM posts?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 06, 2017, 04:14:21 pm »

cheeky breeky you are, asking such a question, Teebs.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 06, 2017, 04:26:05 pm »

I am not oblivious. I am completely aware they merged. I didn't expect the OP to change, though.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 06, 2017, 04:39:35 pm »

TolyK:
Shakerag:
So, why didn't you claim this earlier?
It didn't occur to me to do so?  Or maybe it did but I didn't think it was worth mentioning.  I only brought it up because flabort mentioned something about it directly.

Although ... (now you've done it; you got me thinking about this) truth be told, it's a meaningless claim when you think about it.  There are several possibilities:
- We are both town as claimed. 
- Lenglon was non-town and is some kind of dual-alignment player now and can win with town or whatever her original alignment is (as I don't have a direct confirmation on her original alignment).
- Possibly in conjunction with the above, Lenglon's original role had one or more hidden abilities that stated they wouldn't be revealed to whomever she fused with.
- I could be scum and lying about the sk-miller claim and she's going along with it because she doesn't want to lose.
- I could be scum and lying about the sk-miller claim and she's going along with it because she secretly retains her original alignment as well and is trying to operate as a mole.

Of course, this also puts me in a bad situation because now if I don't trust Lenglon I can't exactly get rid of her without getting rid of myself as well.  Goddamnit TolyK this was not a rabbit hole I wanted to go down :(

I am not oblivious. I am completely aware they merged. I didn't expect the OP to change, though.
Why wouldn't it?  The player lineup did technically change.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 95