Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193746 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #405 on: June 01, 2017, 09:48:20 pm »

Pozzai: We don't know who "Kai" is.

Also Pozzai: I'd like to see a complete list of reads, all in one place, yes I know you've already posted them but I doubt they haven't changed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 01, 2017, 09:50:56 pm »

Skagerag - Kai
 The playstyle and in my perspective general 'shitposting' fairly early struck me as a player I've played with named Kai(albeit not as many pictures) and as such I largely ignored the slot as I have a terrible time even remotely trying to read slots like those.

Hold up.  I got about 3-5 more shots of vodka to go and then I'll show you some shitposting.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 01, 2017, 09:53:00 pm »

Skagerag - Kai
 The playstyle and in my perspective general 'shitposting' fairly early struck me as a player I've played with named Kai(albeit not as many pictures) and as such I largely ignored the slot as I have a terrible time even remotely trying to read slots like those.

Hold up.  I got about 3-5 more shots of vodka to go and then I'll show you some shitposting.
...oh dear.  Don't go too crazy on him, okay?  We don't want to scare people off.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 01, 2017, 09:53:21 pm »

Also Pozzai: I'd like to see a complete list of reads, all in one place, yes I know you've already posted them but I doubt they haven't changed.

TheBiggerFish, he literally has responded to both comments you have in the post right above your two posts. I understand that you're annoyed with Pozzai's playstyle, but now it feels like you're applying pressure for no reason. You've unvoted, but you still say that he's the most suspicious player to you. Why?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 01, 2017, 09:56:32 pm »

TheBiggerFish, he literally has responded to both comments you have in the post right above your two posts. I understand that you're annoyed with Pozzai's playstyle, but now it feels like you're applying pressure for no reason. You've unvoted, but you still say that he's the most suspicious player to you. Why?
There should have been a ninja indicator in the middle of that post - I got interrupted by Pozzai interacting with Tiruin, which significantly changed my read.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 01, 2017, 09:59:35 pm »

Also @TDS: Yes, I know he compared Kai to Shakerag.  It doesn't help us understand the analogy at all.

No, I asked for a complete list of reads, including the null reads and the ones he said he didn't include in that post.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 01, 2017, 10:06:18 pm »

@Tiruin: I'm most suspicious of Pozzai.  Refusing to engage and clinging to Tea just kind of make me think 'scum'.
Why, specifically?
There should have been a ninja indicator in the middle of that post - I got interrupted by Pozzai interacting with Tiruin, which significantly changed my read.
Why do you think he interacted with me?

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 01, 2017, 10:12:21 pm »

Which is why I added a sentence underneath which explains what that contained.

How come you haven't posted your own reads, being so interested in mine?

And yes they have changed a bit.

Town:
  Lenglon kind of seems like she's interested in progressing the game, and actually exploring people's alignment. A few downsides is some very awkward conclussions regarding what my general playstyle has to do with alignment this game.

Scumlean:
Jack, not overly impressed with what they've concluded from their initial 'play' of the day, and while I personally got nothing from it, I would've expected more as a result when a person goes into the game making a play. Usually you have an idea of what you hope to obtain, and in general it seemed lackluster.

Scum:
Tea, she's not as fluffy and friendly as I usually see her, she seems detached emotionally from the game and at an arms' length. I went into my whole progress at exploring this earlier how my thoughts expanded and what measures I went to to explore this, asking about her day, giving her another day to see if it changed(and it didn't noticeably)

TBF, opportunistic, originally called a Tea-Pozzai interaction weird, later as pressure arises on Pozzai, jumps it and joins in to second it, saying the weird interaction is now based on Pozzai buddying. Inability or unwillingness to answer questions as to point out where exactly those buddy interactions take place past "somewhere in this sentence" and to respond to where the line between a discussion of reads and a buddy attempt go and what they look for.
 Slight shade throwing for not reading up on past games, yet hasn't shown any interest in exploring past games of Pozzai or Tea.
 Doesn't seem to care about answers they get. Ie not checking or asking for the reads they initially asked for, missing answers repeatedly.
Small arrow upwards for the obliviousness of their own being. Seems fairly non-self-aware.

Doll, destroying anything interaction based with their claim, nitpicky and misrepresentation of comments and a lack of an overall view on interactions best seen when their conclussion earlier is that "Pozzai intends to hide his prior reads" when the whole interaction and first post started out with Pozzai asking TBF why they didn't do anything with their reads.
 Conclussions doesn't fit the overall picture, but only the snippets they choose to pick, and therefore comes off more as a person looking for a lynch, than a person looking for scum.

Honourable nominee for my second ISO goes to Persus. The whole "doll is right about you" is super lazy and shows no thoughts on their own.
First ISO was Jack, and I got jackshit out of that =/

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 01, 2017, 10:28:31 pm »

PFP

Pozzai- DarkStar is archetypically very similar to Kalas. I have only ever seen him be mafia before (played with him twice and observed him once) and have always wanted to murder him with a fiery passion. The fact that I don't want to rn is unusual. I characterize his scum play as slimy/agenda-y/mindset-slippy.

... If you can be on in like four hours we're going to have a talk about that "emotionally detached" bit, because what. Among many other things.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 01, 2017, 10:35:38 pm »

@Tiruin: Because if I was scum in that sort of environment I'd probably do the exact same thing, that is, cling to a town buddy that I know.

I don't know why he interacted with you, other than I guess that you, you know, asked him questions.  I do know that it was a departure from what I saw as a pattern of mostly refusing to interact.

@Pozzai: Saying "Kai is like Shakerag is like Kai" isn't helpful either.  Yes, you've given some differentiation, I guess, but it's not exactly going to help us understand your understanding of Shakerag.

@Pozzai: I believe you're missing something called 'context'.  The feeling that your interaction was weird predated the pressure on you, as far as I know (and as far as you've said), and my later clarification that it felt like buddying was pretty much why I thought it was weird.  I just wasn't in any state to articulate that the first time I posted.

How come I haven't posted my own reads: First off, a lot of them are null.  Second off, I've already made my suspicions clear.  Basically, the only thing I've got is a slight scumlean on you, right now.  Everyone else I haven't really had much interaction with or observation of to build a decent idea.

Also, why the heck are you referring to yourself in the third person in that readlist?  Strikes me as a cheap rhetorical trick...

...No, I "threw shade" on you for not reading the stickied threads, not past games.  The stickied threads aren't past games (mostly).  Jack A T told you that, even.  So why do you misrepresent me like that?

Pozzai: How confident are you in your meta read of Tea?

Tea: What do you think of Pozzai's read on you?

Also Tea:Who is Kalas?
Sigtext

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 01, 2017, 10:39:55 pm »

Pozzai: How confident are you in your meta read of Tea?

Tea: What do you think of Pozzai's read on you?

Also Tea:Who is Kalas?

Lets see what she returns with and I'll give you a number. I generally have not been overly good at reading her day1 like ever, soooo.

Kalas is a person Tea and me has played with because I asked her if her read was based on the way she read Vaimes(which is another person we have played with)

It's largely irrelevant for everyone else because it's merely an attempt at seeing how she reads a person that no one here knows, so only of help to me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 01, 2017, 10:42:35 pm »

Which is why I added a sentence underneath which explains what that contained.

How come you haven't posted your own reads, being so interested in mine?

And yes they have changed a bit.

Town:
  Lenglon kind of seems like she's interested in progressing the game, and actually exploring people's alignment. A few downsides is some very awkward conclussions regarding what my general playstyle has to do with alignment this game.

Scumlean:
Jack, not overly impressed with what they've concluded from their initial 'play' of the day, and while I personally got nothing from it, I would've expected more as a result when a person goes into the game making a play. Usually you have an idea of what you hope to obtain, and in general it seemed lackluster.

Scum:
Tea, she's not as fluffy and friendly as I usually see her, she seems detached emotionally from the game and at an arms' length. I went into my whole progress at exploring this earlier how my thoughts expanded and what measures I went to to explore this, asking about her day, giving her another day to see if it changed(and it didn't noticeably)

TBF, opportunistic, originally called an interaction with Tea and I weird, later as pressure arises on me, jumps it and joins in to second it, saying the weird interaction is now based on me buddying. Inability or unwillingness to answer questions as to point out where exactly those buddy interactions take place past "somewhere in this sentence" and to respond to where the line between a discussion of reads and a buddy attempt go and what they look for.
 Slight shade throwing for not reading up on past games, yet hasn't shown any interest in exploring past games of myself or Tea.
 Doesn't seem to care about answers they get. Ie not checking or asking for the reads they initially asked for, missing answers repeatedly.
Small arrow upwards for the obliviousness of their own being. Seems fairly non-self-aware.

Doll, destroying anything interaction based with their claim, nitpicky and misrepresentation of comments and a lack of an overall view on interactions best seen when their conclussion earlier is that "Pozzai intends to hide his prior reads" when the whole interaction and first post started out with me asking TBF why they didn't do anything with their reads.
 Conclussions doesn't fit the overall picture, but only the snippets they choose to pick, and therefore comes off more as a person looking for a lynch, than a person looking for scum.

Honourable nominee for my second ISO goes to Persus. The whole "doll is right about you" is super lazy and shows no thoughts on their own.
First ISO was Jack, and I got jackshit out of that =/
For reference.  I replaced all the 'Pozzai's with the appropriate first-person pronouns.  I'm not sure why there's a their there, so I left that intact, but as I hadn't posted reads or even intimated any, I suspect it was also a reference to Pozzai.

@Ninja-Pozzai:
I see.  Do you think this focus on people we don't know is going to help or hurt later?
Sigtext

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 01, 2017, 10:43:56 pm »

@Pozzai: Saying "Kai is like Shakerag is like Kai" isn't helpful either.  Yes, you've given some differentiation, I guess, but it's not exactly going to help us understand your understanding of Shakerag.

@Pozzai: I believe you're missing something called 'context'.  The feeling that your interaction was weird predated the pressure on you, as far as I know (and as far as you've said), and my later clarification that it felt like buddying was pretty much why I thought it was weird.  I just wasn't in any state to articulate that the first time I posted.

It's not meant to be overly representative for you.
 I'm merely saying he's playing like this guy I know that plays with lots of shitposting and I generally find highly unhelpful and as a result do not know how to read well. Therefore I decided to shelf Skag unless something really catches my eye because I know that if that feeling I have turns out to be true, I'll probably be stuck in a clusterfuck of a tunnel.

Yes, the "weird" comment predated the pressure, but it is also non-committing, which means if Tea had gained traction instead of me early next day, you could easily have pushed it as it being "Tea is buddying/sweettalking/whatever Pozzai"

It is essentially an empty statement you can turn whatever manner helps you, by not actually taking a stance on it till a later point where it just comes off extremely opportunistic instead.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 01, 2017, 10:46:05 pm »

...oh dear.  Don't go too crazy on him, okay?  We don't want to scare people off.
YOU"RE NOT MY REAL DAD, YOU CAN"T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 01, 2017, 10:47:51 pm »

@Ninja-Pozzai:
I see.  Do you think this focus on people we don't know is going to help or hurt later?

I think it will largely be irrelevant for anyone but myself and Tea. We simply lack knowledge of people here to draw the connection to, so we use people each of us know to create a "baseline" for the manner of reads made.

It's nothing but a "let me get into your head and follow your thought process" kind of question.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 95