Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193734 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Bring Out The Lanterns
« Reply #675 on: June 06, 2017, 04:36:26 am »

And if tonight doll lives, is lynched D2, is revealed to be a mind-eating space parasite converting zombies, except the paradite itself jumps to the newest zombie and the old host loses the conversion ability, who do you lynch D3?

We can do "what if" all day. its a pointless waste of energy. strange roles and alignments can show up in a BYOR, you have to work with what you have, and right now we have almost nothing, at least when compared to what we'll probably have tomorrow.
Are you in favor of extending every day the maximum number of times?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 06, 2017, 04:40:13 am »

Do you honestly expect to gain traction with pushing me to do a blind interaction analysis on day fucking 1 without a single flip when I JUST said I was unwilling to do another reread without a good reason?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 06, 2017, 04:49:59 am »

Do you honestly expect to gain traction with pushing me to do a blind interaction analysis on day fucking 1 without a single flip when I JUST said I was unwilling to do another reread without a good reason?

Why is trying to increase the chances of Doll if true, hits mafia not "a good reason" if you could eliminate a person from their shot bracket as mafia if Flabort flips mafia, or add someone outside it if Flabort flips town, that increases the chances that Dolls shots actually will hit beneficial targets.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 06, 2017, 04:52:38 am »

Do it yourself if you think itll make a signifigant difference to do a blind interaction analysis of flabort.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 06, 2017, 04:54:10 am »

actually...
Pozzai - Why HAVEN'T you done it yourself yet? You made how important you think it is quite clear.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 06, 2017, 04:55:26 am »

There really was no need for extending the day.
Shorten

We're lynching Flabort
I'm killing FoU and TBF.
Y'all can nightinspect or vigkill or whatever you want TDS during N1.

Anyone voting FoU
Vote Flabort instead.
Yes, he might be lying and have claimed for another member of the scumteam. He strikes me as someone who might have done that. However, I suspect he would avoid lying like this in a game with what appears to be a number of role-inspects.
According to his own claim, he has a redirect and is likely to use it on me. Therefore, Flabort is an impediment to my killing FoU and TBF. If you want either of those players dead (and you don't mind Flabort dying to get it) vote Flabort.

Killing TBF has added the benefit that he's as persistent and pervasive as a drug-resistant strain of the common cold, so I'm almost certain to be able to get him to play if I revive him later in the game (if he's town).
He probably won't be useful, but that's another matter.
My only regret about this course of events is that I won't be able to simulate Flabort's redirect after I die because he'll be dead before I tag everyone with my night actions. That's unavoidable with a scum-redirector, though.

Tiruin
I just thought it was funny that when chiming in on a discussion about the importance of not assuming people's pronouns, you assumed my pronouns. Call me whatever you want, I don't give a shit.

hector13
I sure hope you didn't tell me information in secret in the hope that I act on it discreetly or anything.
hector13 day-visited me and told me that he was town
I've got no idea if that means anything or if I'm ruining some gambit he had for coming out as a third party to scum or whatever but I don't give a shit, that's what you get for sharing information with me.

PPE:
Pozzai
I'm not changing my targets regardless of what flabort flips
Unless webadict publicly confirms that TBF or FoU are town, they're getting shot tonight
That's it
PPEx2:
Pozzai - Why HAVEN'T you done it yourself yet? You made how important you think it is quite clear.
This is pretty much why I called you bad earlier.
You're probably still town though, so it's kind of okay.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 06, 2017, 04:55:56 am »

Do it yourself if you think itll make a signifigant difference to do a blind interaction analysis of flabort.

Ah but I already have thrown one of them out there. I have been doing stuff but funnily enough these sorts of things tends to work best if you get more people and more perspectives involved. But sure go afk till day-end instead because nothing more productive can be done I'm sure, that's a great attitude >_>

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 06, 2017, 04:58:35 am »

But sure go afk till day-end instead because nothing more productive can be done I'm sure, that's a great attitude >_>
He's not going afk until day-end, you're encouraging everyone in the game to go afk until the end of time because you're dragging out a day where nobody can apply any more pressure (because the lynches etc. are set in stone at this point) and nobody really cares that much because the flips and night-actions are going to change all their reads anyway.
I'd rather lose 24 hours of empty discussion than kill the game.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 06, 2017, 04:59:57 am »

EBWOP:
Also, I don't believe in interaction analysis as an effective method of determining alignment, so you're not going to convince me with that in any game or context.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 06, 2017, 05:02:58 am »

EBWOP:
Also, I don't believe in interaction analysis as an effective method of determining alignment, so you're not going to convince me with that in any game or context.

Which had been great, had you given any kind of hint that you didn't care what people thought or could come up with, instead you asked what people thought so I thought you'd have at least a slight interest in it.

If there never was any way to sway your shots, there were never any purpose of doing anything the last 3 days, because it's essentially all the same kills that would always have gone through, so why all the theatrics about asking if anyone had issues with your bot three?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 06, 2017, 05:09:48 am »

Pozzai - link to your interaction analysis of flabort please.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 06, 2017, 05:11:17 am »

You're joking, right?

Actual analysis on the players is great and can always convince anyone.
If there was actual analysis left to do, you should do it. I strongly doubt there is analysis left to be done which won't do anything more than add very very weakly towards the scumreads on FoU and Flabort and the nullread on TBF.
If there is, go ahead and do it.

What isn't useful, is a torrent of WIFOM about 'well if X was scum, they'd do A instead of B even though I have no basis for saying this and can't really justify my speculation since it's a meta-read on a player who hasn't played in a long time and it's a very reaching, speculative meta-read at that'.

If you've got something to add, great, add it.
I doubt you do.

Furthermore:
Which had been great, had you given any kind of hint that you didn't care what people thought or could come up with, instead you asked what people thought so I thought you'd have at least a slight interest in it.

If there never was any way to sway your shots, there were never any purpose of doing anything the last 3 days, because it's essentially all the same kills that would always have gone through, so why all the theatrics about asking if anyone had issues with your bot three?
Pull your head out of your ass.
I asked questions because I wanted to know.
Now I know. People have answered the questions.
You can't go from 'My decision to kill FoU and TBF isn't controlled by Flabort's flip' to 'I don't care about what anyone else thinks' because it's bullshit.
My reads on FoU and TBF have nothing to do with Flabort. Therefore, anything you say about Flabort has no bearing on my reads on FoU and TBF, yeah? If you want me to change my mind about FoU or TBF, say something about FoU or TBF. Don't say something about Flabort - all that could do is change my mind about Flabort.
I very very very very strongly doubt that opinion will change by anything other than his own actions, and he's had long enough to present his case and try to convince me (with his returning-to-game doublepost WoT), so I very strongly doubt that my opinion of Flabort will change at all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 06, 2017, 07:02:31 am »

Tiruin, to what extent were you aware of the state of the wagons/extension votes this evening prior to Webadict's count?
Only upon re-reading past the count ._. because of multiple RL conditions, however I am dedicated to the game and anyone can feel free to please hunt me if ever they feel they have cases to pursue on me.

PFP

I'm also in a very euphoric mood due to a significant life event that happened today--and while the net is sputtery, I'll get caught up.

That said, anyone else targeting Doll tonight? It helps me to know! @_@

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #688 on: June 06, 2017, 09:00:37 am »

TheDarkStar:
I'm not. I think TBF and FoU are scummy rather than third-party-ish, but there are people who fall outside of the normal town/scum range that I read as third party. What makes you think I'm more interested in third parties?
this is invisible too
Hmm.  I thought I had seen more of a focus from you on third-parties when I was catching up.  I'll have to go back and take another look.

Lenglon:
I dont know about the rest of us, but I'm done for now.
Shorten
Bold move, partner.  But let's hold off a little bit more; I've got some questions I wanted answered.
This is the horse.
This is the cart.
When you put them in the wrong order it doesn't work.
You.  I like you.

TolyK:  I asked you a question, man.
flabort:  You too, but you haven't been back yet.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 06, 2017, 10:16:57 am »

Tiruin
I just thought it was funny that when chiming in on a discussion about the importance of not assuming people's pronouns, you assumed my pronouns. Call me whatever you want, I don't give a shit.
:-\
Wow, that's really rude.
I keep this in mind (like all personal things people state about themselves that's important) and despite that, recall that you mentioned you're a dude--so I kept using he despite using she before, and then I get called for 'assuming'. -_-
And treated like shit while at it.

I don't know why you're making your playstyle of bitterness and apathy into something personal, but how you communicate there is pretty dislocated from the quality you've given literally everything else.
We've (me and Lenglon) pretty much apologized if we got it wrong.

"But I don't give a shit anyway". Not like Tiruin sees it as important.
Where is it that you have expletives as casual and desensitized that you can use it online. :v

EBWOP: @Tea--I meant the earlier votecount, NOT the one that just happened right after my latest post.
Doing a readback to make a finalizing-ish post alongside linking my own stuff so that people can check me easier [just links] without having to trawl through all those pages.

Currently, I'm ambivalent towards doll's case on Flabort more on me thinking on the active-lurkingbits; checking his post history alongside TDS and OSG (yes I'm poking him too because more than 2 people did think he active-lurked, or I at least came across it indirectly while reading their posts), he has not posted even half as much in comparison to either, in other places.
Why I'm ambivalent is because I check post histories; I would've gone against it, but doll brings up very accusative ideas that would attract people's perspectives, and that's going in the re-reading too. {If the accusation on active-lurking is legit...seriously read his first TWO pages of this present post history. It's not active lurking [and I DID check who was active last 'Lenglon-Shakerag merge' and he wasn't online then. Only less than a half were but I did not make note of who specifically were <_<[/yay me]}

Also

9 To Hammer. Day Ends on Wednesday, June 7th at 8:00 PM CST. There is no Extension available.
It's 8:27pm GMT +8 so I've around 8+ hours anyway.

As an aside, @TBF; please work on your day game, it has been mentioned a few games back (nicely too) by the people who are criticizing your day play here. {It's a big post, the line was "TBF is contributing nothing to the game, and he could fix that." which was minus the present bitterness, and more, by other people}
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 95