Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193539 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #660 on: June 05, 2017, 11:16:58 pm »

TheDarkStar:
I know this isn't directed to me, but that seems like an indication of Tiruin and/or doll being a third party. Third-parties tend to not want as much attention because if they die/otherwise lose control of the game they instantly lose, but they also don't have that same anti-town mentality as actual scum. doll is a special case, though, because although he's been playing oddly his claimed role doesn't match up with him being mafia or even a normal third party.
Why are you seemingly more interested in finding third-parties rather than scum?
Bonus hidden text!  Just because.

I'm not. I think TBF and FoU are scummy rather than third-party-ish, but there are people who fall outside of the normal town/scum range that I read as third party. What makes you think I'm more interested in third parties?
this is invisible too
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Bring Out The Lanterns
« Reply #661 on: June 05, 2017, 11:17:20 pm »

Huh.

This, I'll have to think about.

TolyK has given me something to think about. That said, it doesn't change the lack of scum hunting from him, so I'm not currently changing my vote.

Do you still think he's a cult leader?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 06, 2017, 01:08:47 am »

Lenglon: I'm not sure if I said this already, I may have ended up scrapping the post where I said this, but here's the thing: all that stuff that happened while I was away?  I read it, but it's hard for me to form opinions on it because I'm not reading it in a present context and a lot of stuff gets questioned and explained without me being able to say anything because, y'know, I'm away.  So nothing I say will be heavily influenced by all the stuff I missed.  Also, another note as to why it's harder for me to form opinions on, it's a lot of information I'm trying to digest at once rather than the bite-sized chunks when I'm following the thread normally (although bite-sized is a bit of a misnomer when I wake up to two whole pages of new posts, I haven't seen that since my second ever game here, smstr w/ love).

With that disclaimer aside, it's time to comment.  Jack A T I don't really have a strong opinion on.  He had a good start to the game but I haven't seen basically anything from him more recently so I don't have much to base an opinion off of other than half-remembered "he did good" vibes from day start.  TolyK, however, has given quite a bit more content since my return, but... so much of it is about this cult leader freak-out that everyone is having
and the game mode freak-out he is having.  Seriously, what self-respecting cult leader says he can add you to a quicktopic as a way to try and excuse his later conversions?  Actually I need more info on TolyK to form a proper idea, gimme a moment.

TolyK: Look, I know the game mode mechanic is kinda weird.  I don't know what it does any more than the average person, and yeah, that is kinda concerning: but no more so than any of the other powers that the scumteam may be hiding (assuming that the scumteam is the one who activated it and not a mafia-ally of some kind or even a town-aligned role using an ability that has a hidden, town-benefiting aspect).  Yes, it's possible that it could have hidden effects, yes, we don't know who did it, but freaking out about it helps nobody, and at this point it almost seems like you're making a scene to fish for reactions to it to see if any townies know more than they should so you can mafiakill them.  So, can you give me a good reason why we should focus on the game mode, which is at least an evil we know and can take into account?

Everyone talking about the cult leader thing: Why?  Just why?  I'm having flashbacks to Leafsnail in Paranormal 25 and that's not a good thing.  I have a lot of respect for Leafsnail overall, especially as mafia, but he tunneled way too hard on the idea that the game was too easy and there must be a hivemind cult lurking among us and if the other town weren't so united it had real potential to derail the actual scum-finding that was going on.  Look, there could be a cult, it's a thing, it's happened in the past, but why is this even being given any credibility D1 over someone saying they could create quicktopics, something that, again, is not that uncommon in BYORs.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 06, 2017, 01:36:18 am »

If no one has received a majority of votes at deadline, is there no lynch?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 06, 2017, 01:44:10 am »

The person with the most votes is lynched at the deadline in semi-hammer games like this one.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 06, 2017, 01:56:51 am »

~~TheBiggerFish~~

These are follow-up questions to the response that you keep regurgitating about your unvote.

TheBiggerFish:
Pozzai:I wouldn't say it's that you are interacting with someone you know, it's that you appeared to be only interacting with the person you know.  That said, you've stopped doing it, so Unvote.
Waiiit.  So first you're all like "Pozzi is scummy because they're only interacting with one person" and then they start interacting with someone else and you're like "oh ok cool not scummy now".  You think that discounts the "scummy" behaviour you saw before?

@Tiruin: I'm most suspicious of Pozzai.  Refusing to engage and clinging to Tea just kind of make me think 'scum'.

I don't quite understand what you mean by that question.  Yes, I' ve seen people commenting on my actions?  Lenglon specifically, most recently.

Because I have something to actually pursue.

Pozzai:I wouldn't say it's that you are interacting with someone you know, it's that you appeared to be only interacting with the person you know.  That said, you've stopped doing it, so Unvote.

Whoa there, Nelly.

You start this off with "Pozzai is most suspicious" and end it with "not suspicious enough to vote, however".

Can you talk me through this? Do you think Pozzai is interacting with these people actively - seeking out the interaction - or passively - reacting to something?

I don't, haven't I explained that before?  I got ninja'd by something that basically disproved the main cause of my suspicions, as I have explained, repeatedly.

You haven't explained that before. You explained the tone change, but neglected to mention that it was a read change at some point too.

G'on then, though. Tell us what about the interaction between Pozzai and Tir did to change your mind, 'cause it looks like it was just because Pozzai was interacting with someone else (Tir) and that's why a I asked the question you've still not answered.

Was Pozzai seeking out the interaction, or reacting to someone else interacting with the ?

Actually, I don't think you even explained the tonal change in relation to the post in which you said "Pozzai is ultra suspicious, but unvote anyway", unless I misinterpreted what you were referring to when you said there was a tonal change.

Could you quote the post that you were referring to when you say your tone changed halfway through?

--
The person with the most votes is lynched at the deadline in semi-hammer games like this one.

OK.

Tiruin, to what extent were you aware of the state of the wagons/extension votes this evening prior to Webadict's count?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 06, 2017, 02:47:30 am »

Im gonna be blunt here, Im tired of going over the same soft content over and over with no hard content to build on. tomorrow we will have:
D1lynchflip, dollselfflip, dollkillflip, dollsecondkillflip, mafiakillflip.
and thats just from what has been claimed + assuming a mafiakill. having a third of the game flip at once will almost certainly provide us with enough information to start making some much harder cases.
so... Im ready for the day to be over with already. the only decision that has to be made now is the D1 lynch. all my other reads will require a reevaluation come D2. a major one with the mass of flips incoming.
I dont know about the rest of us, but I'm done for now.
Shorten
Im still here, Ill still answer questions, Ill still poke at things that seem out of place, but Im not doing yet another reread without a good reason.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 06, 2017, 03:26:19 am »

Im gonna be blunt here, Im tired of going over the same soft content over and over with no hard content to build on. tomorrow we will have:
D1lynchflip, dollselfflip, dollkillflip, dollsecondkillflip, mafiakillflip.
and thats just from what has been claimed + assuming a mafiakill. having a third of the game flip at once will almost certainly provide us with enough information to start making some much harder cases.
so... Im ready for the day to be over with already. the only decision that has to be made now is the D1 lynch. all my other reads will require a reevaluation come D2. a major one with the mass of flips incoming.
I dont know about the rest of us, but I'm done for now.
Shorten
Im still here, Ill still answer questions, Ill still poke at things that seem out of place, but Im not doing yet another reread without a good reason.

So you're currently voting Flabort, if he is lynched does the shoot priority if we assume Doll is speaking the truth change depending on whether he flips mafia or town/indie(lone 3P) ?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 06, 2017, 03:39:17 am »

It doesnt matter if my shoot priority would change or not because who gets shot is up to doll and I dont have a way to communicate with doll post-lynch.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 06, 2017, 03:41:19 am »

also you over-simplified that problem. the role powers the flip reveals could affect my opinions / actions as well.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 06, 2017, 04:09:29 am »

I disagree largely with the last part, and yes it does not matter POSTFLIP, but you have an opportunity to put it out there now, for Doll to know/take into account.

Anything purely determable by alingment is stuff you can walk through before the day ends to assist with the decisionmaking, whether Doll then listens is a completely different subject.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 06, 2017, 04:17:10 am »

You just said you think the revealed role abilities will give no information.
what.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 06, 2017, 04:21:49 am »

Pozzai, you are pushing for me to do an interaction-analysis of a player on D1 with no flips.

This is the horse.
This is the cart.
When you put them in the wrong order it doesn't work.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 06, 2017, 04:25:34 am »

Pozzai, you are pushing for me to do an interaction-analysis of a player on D1 with no flips.

This is the horse.
This is the cart.
When you put them in the wrong order it doesn't work.

So for instance were Doll to flip mafia, you think after the interactions Doll and I had together we could be mafia together?

The way you do it without flips is you go:

If flip is mafia interactions between x and y would suggest they're/they're not together
If flip is town/3P interactions in regards to getting them killed means x is more viable as a scum pushing.

It really isn't overly hard, it just means you set up a few different scenarioes, and for a forum that were so happy about setup analysis, I am baffled you're speaking as if it's unheard of O.o

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 06, 2017, 04:26:36 am »

You just said you think the revealed role abilities will give no information.
what.

What information does that give in regards to other people's ALIGNMENT.

Obviously it will give information, but not from which to analyse whether they fit together as teammates or are blatantly unaligned. >_>
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 95