Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193458 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #390 on: June 01, 2017, 06:26:59 pm »

Quick post, while I write stuff:

Pozzai: For a shorter link, you can copy the url into a url tag, like this (remove the spaces at the start of each tag):

[ url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164260.msg7471134#msg7471134]This is a link[ /url]

Looks like this:
This is a link
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 01, 2017, 06:33:28 pm »

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 01, 2017, 06:33:53 pm »

Yay, thanks !

Guess I could've been less of a dick and previewed it, but oh well :p

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 01, 2017, 06:38:52 pm »

Pozzai - could you explain your scumread of tea please?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 01, 2017, 06:40:31 pm »

The comment to tea was not an issue I had with her being interested in discussing reads, it's that she went to the extent she did to nitpick small things extremely early in the game. Nitpickery is what scum tends to do.

I followed this up with a few more questions later, the last one being how her day had been. I considered her tone very off, she's usually fluffier in demeanor, you can usually feel some kind of fun coming from her, which in this game has been absent. I considered it potentially being that she had a crappy day and that could be the issue.

Her response was "good day, crumpy/tired" which I consider a genuine answer, because if she knew what I was fishing for she'd just write "lousy day, don't ask".

She was also my "something something will disclosure later" read in my reads list, because I wanted to see if her tone changed the next day, which it didn't, and which finally let me to the "did you plan any gimmicks" question.

I kind of hoped people would actively show interest in the "will disclosure later" part on their own though, to seem interested, but no one did.

Just because I don't blabber out anything I have in mind all the time, doesn't mean I don't consider stuff, and no, I wont give a full reads list, I never do, I'll give stuff when I feel it's important or I have drained enough information from it that I feel like I can't get any more, which would be glaringly obvious if you had asked for any prior games to look at.

I play some of my cards close to the chest, because it's the best way to catch people unprepared.

Covered it ~20 posts up.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 01, 2017, 07:10:25 pm »

Pozzai
-snip-
-snip-
TolyK
-snip-
Why so defensive here?
I believed that I was under unfair criticism, and thus recapped what I've been doing. The point was to show later, if needed, that my accuser was grasping at straws.
In retrospect, though, that's what RVS and post-RVS D1 is... grasping at straws to find a weak spot...
-snip-
Is TolyK right or wrong here? Why?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 01, 2017, 07:20:37 pm »

The walls are piling up. Time for time management.

Responses
I described it as milking because you did multiple things before I ever posted to frame my relationship to the thread around the wagon on me and nothing else - voting me, asking for an immediate reaction to the wagon, and then talking to Lenglon about his vote on me. This has more or less continued since (e.g. the question to Persus and your responses to me). It's also been my previous experience here that people will for some reason sort of shrug at the actual posts I make (maybe due to formatting?) and hyper-focus on anything that has to do with votes.
Tea: Alright, I think I understand your position here.  You are uncomfortable not so much with the vote as with my treatment of this as a noteworthy event, one that generates reactions worth looking at.  Treatment, I will say, that was more successful here at generating worthwhile interactions than in any of my prior games.

What's interesting here is your highlighting of the question to Persus as part of the milking.  Let's look back at it for a moment.  It is quite clear from the context that Persus was reacting to the wagon (as he confirmed).  Do you believe his reaction was not worth examining?
Also, a quick question: had the RVS wagon been on TolyK instead of you, would you be similarly uncomfortable?

Curious about using flabort's reaction is what I meant.
Ah.  The title was interesting, but there was little about Webadict's behaviour to look into either before or after the start of D1, and before, I had almost no context whatsoever for the role of themes.  The idea to reveal my theme and use it as RVS fodder?  That I came up with on the fly, with full awareness of my role PM.

You know, there's something remarkable about your line of questioning.  You've asked a lot of questions about the design of my first post.  Alright.  Most people question me to figure out my alignment from my posts.  Your questions, however, seem aimed somewhere very different.  You do a lot of cross-examination-style questioning, yes-no questions with a clear intended response.

Was your wall of questions written in the order that you posted it in?
Here, you expected a "yes," the answer that would indicate the least thought and care put into my first post.  You didn't get the answer you expected.  You got, essentially, "no."  You were skeptical.  Your response was to cast doubt on the extent to which I put thought and care into the order:
Considering Pozzai was already at the bottom of the playerlist I'm not sure why him ending up in that spot took that much more thought for you?
Then there is this question:
...Even though you posted before the game was rolled here, you weren't curious about flabort's reaction until after reading your role PM? Because I felt like that was really the meat of what you decided to include about your claim - using that pregame information as a jumping off point to create RVS information.
Here, your skepticism is aimed at the idea that my decisions, particularly my theme reveal, were built on post-PM thinking, and the question is meant to help show that my decisions were built on unaligned thinking.

You seem remarkably uninterested in figuring out how my alignment is reflected in my behaviour.  Instead, you're working hard to disconnect the two, trying to explain my behaviour away as built on unaligned thought and minimizing the influence of my role PM.

So, Tea, consider this the point where my vote shifts from RVS stuff to being something serious.  What have you learned from your questions? 

Have you gotten the chat link or whatnot?
[...]
Do you think doll is performing a similar gambit? If so, why?
Fallacy: I have the chat link.  Quicktopic.  I think doll is trying to generate some activity, but at another level, doll wants to use powers and have the chance to use them.  Cool set, and a D1/N1 burst means they would definitely get to be used.  Legitimately resigned to death, and legitimately will die (whether by suicide or angry mob).  This certainly isn't the first deadly point system in a Wuba BYOR, so the role is credible.

Everyone: What're y'all impressions of me! :3 Am I a magnet yet. Please treat me as a magnet. [1]
Jack A T: Why do you BYOR D: [2]
[...]
In all seriousness; Jack, how do you feel about my response to you, and to everyone noted here? [3]
Tiruin:
[1]: Tiruin waited.  The grounds of Rideau Hall, official home of the Canadian monarch, were quiet.  Almost still.  Almost.  Earlier efforts by the mafia (non-Quebecois) had failed, but she knew they were returning.

All was almost still, but only almost.  A few blades of grass shifted oddly.  A Heraldic Authority office chair creaked slightly.  They were coming.  They had returned.

The signs had all been there.  Another dead internet addict.  Another penguin in the wrong climate.  Another signup sheet, sixteen names long this time.  Tiruin knew.  Tiruin knew all too well.

As the mobsters raided her living quarters, though, she could do nothing, for the Tiruin in Rideau Hall was...a fridge magnet.  Dun dun dun.

[2]: 'tis fun.

[3]: You took the RVS question first and foremost as a joke, and responded accordingly.  Fits with your personality, and was what I expected.  The softclaim has been noted; you will have a fun time at massclaim.  Beyond that...not sure what you are looking for with the second half of your question.  Please clarify.

Content beyond responses later.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 01, 2017, 07:34:52 pm »

Is TolyK right or wrong here? Why?

That depends largely on a couple of factors. I think overall some people consider defensiveness being scummy, but I know from myself that it can also be a personality thing.

I have a hard time blindly analysing people from behaviour when I don't know them, and I largely agreed with, and feel like a bunch of other people could've been accused for the same.

If Tolyk is usually known as a more stoic and cool and collected type of person it looks bad, if more jitterish and playing on an emotional level, probably less so.

I think the fact that there wasn't too strong backup later of the observations, I'd expect people who's played with Tolyk before let it go because it's fairly typical.

Was it unfair that they were called out, probably not, was it fair no one else were called out, no.

If there's anything from those interactions I would look at and consider leaning one way or the other having no prior experience with them, I think the sort of defensiveness they went into is probably slightly towny, because it revolved around themself, as opposed to them going:

"Omg why me, why not this other dude"

I have also been told a few times because I have a horrible time accepting it, that double-standards typically has a higher chance to come from town, so the whole pot-kettle debacle of TolyK calling out TBF and being salty about then being called out himself could be a slight lean.

So I guess before I blabber on endlessly the TL:DR is:

I don't think it's unfair, it can be anything from a reaction test, to a genuine feeling to scum trying to bury them, all pretty standard. I wish they had engaged a bit more with 4mask to at least get something contentwise out of it.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 01, 2017, 07:44:36 pm »

@Lenglon

Can you talk to me about TBFin  a general sense. What would you describe their townplay as, and do they act on a more logical, emotional or gut feeling kind of way?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0: Timer Dings. Locking Thread. Sending Roles (100%)
« Reply #399 on: June 01, 2017, 08:18:26 pm »

Tomorrow is your last chance to use a Day action. Send them in if you want to use them.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
doll -
FallacyOfUrist - Tea, doll,
flabort - Persus13,
hector13 -
Jack A T -
Lenglon - 4maskwolf,
origamascienceguy -
Persus13 - hector13,
Pozzai - TheBiggerFish, Lenglon,
Shakerag -
Tea - Pozzai, Jack A T,
TheBiggerFish - Tiruin,
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin - Shakerag,
TolyK - FallacyOfUrist,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TheDarkStar, origamascienceguy, TolyK, flabort,

9 To Hammer. Day Ends on Monday, June 5th at 8:00 PM CST. There is an Extension available.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 01, 2017, 08:27:22 pm »

@Jack

Do you have any 'spicy' read on someone who(not necessarily) hasn't been discussed yet you feel could add an interesting addition to the game?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0
« Reply #401 on: June 01, 2017, 09:17:57 pm »

Webadict
Tiruin - Shakerag,
Shakerag used a /me tag, which colors in red, not actually voting me.

Let's go something straight:
1) Webadict-san liked me best
2) Webadict-san said I was the future, the next generation
3) Webadict-san is dead
4) This was senpai's town
5) This is my town now
B-but he was my senpai too. We can share the senpai :D
And yes, I'm the class bully. Tiruin is usually the class rep.
Unfortunately for you, I'm the one with the gun.
U-uh, *ahem*, I've a flower in my suit! ...Dress. Clothing!
Doll is cool D:
[In all seriousness, I'm targeting you tonight. Nothing bad, just hugs. And protection. And that's really your role name right? If anything negative happens, it wasn't me {but as my suspicions state, someone {ADDING_ON} to anything I do; there is nothing malevolent in any of my actions :V I am like a stone wall, who can only be defeated if you know my name. Or poison.]

Mostly in terms of doll's "I'm gonna go nova on y'all tonight", slightly rising disrespect between players (though it's obviously in a humorous form :P), and too many streams-of-consciousness that need to be sifted through.
Hey hey hey.  What happens in mafia stays in mafia.  Although I am not above holding a grudge between games (Still waiting on the right time/game/roll to fuck flabort on D1).
Yeah, I'm agreeing to this :P This is why I'm pretty friendly with doll today [also that he just revealed his role name and I'm totally serious about what I said even if I white lied about my theme :V]
Even if he's pretty grumpy towards some players.

Well, this has suddenly gone downhill, hasn't it.
IN YOUR EYES MAYBE @_@

Alright, alright, I got it.

My reasoning was to claim a part of my role. The reason w** I did that? To form a bit of trust, mostly to slightly increase the likelyhood that Jack would accept. I intend to give more information to Jack personally, as part of the experiment thingie. Other than this, I'm not currently giving out more information. Take what you will.
TolyK: Thoughts of the game and people's posts in general?
Also, you're doing this to Jack--in public--with little idea of how he thinks.
Why do you want to form trust with Jack, specifically?

Tiruin:
Please treat me as a magnet.
* Shakerag sticks Tiruin on his fridge.
D-do I get to hold up your pictures? c:
I have no inspection powers unless I know the person's role name. :v So that's an auxiliary action for funsies.
Unvote, Shakerag.
You are very forthcoming. I like you.
But can you explain what an sk-miller IS?! Do you wanna KEEL ME!? I know you do! O_O
In all seriousness: I choose to not believe you on that bit; you can lie about your role and such, and it's a bit touchy-sensitive-y to denote 'I made my role bluh-y so this is my claim because of it'
Why are you claiming SK-Miller when both results are anti-town anyway?
(Also if I ever die, can my death flavor include cake?)

Well I like you too, Tir.
SK-Miller:  I inspect as an SK.  Seems pretty straightforward?  O_o
Of course I want to kill you.  It's the best way to get a read on your alignment.
Alright, well, believe what you want.  I'm claiming (SK-)Miller because I agree with Toaster's analysis from a long while ago that it is optimal play to claim miller (if you are one) in your first post.
I can't control your death flavor, sorry.
You...can't inspect as an SK unless inspections are role specific. People inspect your alignment :V
So you turn up as third-party.

Somebody be BAIT today :V And he may be SHAEKRAG! V:

Anyone else gonna action Shakerag or Doll? I'm blatantly fishing because it helps {me}! :D
Also, how excited are you about your role?
Not much, honestly :< I depend on people targeting me because I nullify stuff. {This is untrue}
But I really depend on people's ability names, rolenames, or knowing if another person targets my target, for ability boosts! {Not really}
But seriously: I'm excited because I get to play in a game with cool dudes. I'm rather not that much excited with my role, but I love it all the same. Like if you wanted a puppy but got a rabbit. Still güd.

[paranoia] People are asking me how excited I am because it MATTERS to their abilities D: Flabort is tied with Shakerag! :O[/paranoia]

Tiruin: Heyo! That was quite an entrance! It seems like theres a push going against FoU for active-lurking, but all day not a single person has addressed you with a single question despite you making only that single solitary entrance-post. Theres nobody with a read of you and yet nobody with an interest in questioning you... what do you think about that?
I feel sad u_u But! I guess people are busy with their own agendas and Tiruin-magnet is pushed to the side of the fridge. Collecting moisture like a less-wanted pineapple magnet compared to those alphabet magnets that get in nice letter arrangements because people like names more.
Otherwise I'm just drifting through the day with my own agenda too! :O Getting my notes on people, taking down who is connecting to whom, and noting how people say their thing in relation to the long-term. Otherwise, I'm okay with them (everyone else) in general anyway; people will be looking back tomorrow when, presumably, stuff gets happening in the night or otherwise. And considering some people being all sneaky snarky, there's a bit of power in their plans [sadly none in mine because I went NONPOWER :V]

Lenglon (heeeey girl!): What do you think about me? @_@

Pozzai: Welcome to the Bay12 Mafia :D
Sorry for the lacking greeting--and nice to see you here from Tea--and that you're both good friends! ^ ^
I've been reading your conversations lately and I do note that you've been interacting with her a lot; there's nothing wrong in that but I'm curious: How do you feel about people treating your connections with others here and now?
What do you also think about the other players here? {All of us other than Tea? A basic list of people plus a sentence or three of detail helps}

[3]: You took the RVS question first and foremost as a joke, and responded accordingly.  Fits with your personality, and was what I expected.  The softclaim has been noted; you will have a fun time at massclaim.  Beyond that...not sure what you are looking for with the second half of your question.  Please clarify.
In all seriousness; Jack, how do you feel about my response to you, and to everyone noted here? [3]
It's more me mentioning the 'everyone' I noted in my first post. Rather than 'everyone', it's moreso the address to everyone. First portions of my post here.

Also, if you had the thought of mentioning your role/ability/true name--which may happen while reading this sentence--would you mention it in public?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 01, 2017, 09:25:25 pm »

Also just for the person I'm voting:
TBF: Can you give an overall outlook on the person you're most pursuing?
Do you have any details on the rest around you? Like others commenting on what you do or otherwise?

Why do you go after the person you're pursuing with all your posts?

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 01, 2017, 09:41:01 pm »

Pozzai: Welcome to the Bay12 Mafia :D
Sorry for the lacking greeting--and nice to see you here from Tea--and that you're both good friends! ^ ^
I've been reading your conversations lately and I do note that you've been interacting with her a lot; there's nothing wrong in that but I'm curious: How do you feel about people treating your connections with others here and now?
What do you also think about the other players here? {All of us other than Tea? A basic list of people plus a sentence or three of detail helps}

Basically what I usually does is to get a feel of people I know and expand early from that, which tends to create an issue in games where there's a lack of people I know.

I find the lack of interest in what those interactions might mean from a meta point of view slightly disturbing, it's strange to me why people think it's suspect for me to actually interact with someone I have a history with, especially seeing as a large part of it was basically me going "hey no one cares to give or discuss reads, so I'm gonna poke someone I know tends to"

And thoughts on everyone in the game, I quite frankly can't, if nothing of seemingly importance for me pops up in posts I kind of forget about who said stuff, meaning I have a bunch of people where my general feeling is "well, I guess they might potentially be around here somewhere"

Those I have opinions about in terms of reads I've largely given.

Outside that my thoughts on people I have paid a little attention to:

Skagerag - Kai
 The playstyle and in my perspective general 'shitposting' fairly early struck me as a player I've played with named Kai(albeit not as many pictures) and as such I largely ignored the slot as I have a terrible time even remotely trying to read slots like those.

Flabort - observer
 Largely hands off, which makes them feel detached from the game.

Lenglon - Idfk
 Been mulling over the interactions I've recently had with her but can't quite get a grasp.

Rest including you I've either given reads/opinions on, or are floating around the abyss of "haven't said anything that makes me feel one way or the other"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 01, 2017, 09:45:49 pm »

@Tiruin: I'm most suspicious of Pozzai.  Refusing to engage and clinging to Tea just kind of make me think 'scum'.

I don't quite understand what you mean by that question.  Yes, I' ve seen people commenting on my actions?  Lenglon specifically, most recently.

Because I have something to actually pursue.

Pozzai:I wouldn't say it's that you are interacting with someone you know, it's that you appeared to be only interacting with the person you know.  That said, you've stopped doing it, so Unvote.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 95