Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193598 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0: Timer Dings. Locking Thread. Sending Roles (100%)
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2017, 03:37:38 pm »

Good morning once more, everyone. Looks like there are two pressing things that need my attention, I'll reply to these, then look over the thread for anything else I need to respond to later - brain is on auto-pilot right now, though, so what/ever.
Tiruin
Each time Doll makes a post, how do you physically react? Does anyone else give you a similar feeling? Does anyone give you a worse feeling?
Well my laptop is on a table, and I'm sitting on a chair with my back straight (dun wanna develop bad spinal posture now do we?), and whenever I see doll, my cognitive mechanisms recall a particular other person who was as particular and knowledgeable as him--my best friend called Vector. So physically, I inhale and exhale and nod, because I see 'doll', and I recall 'Vector' and other nice friends, and I feel relaxed and excited. Because in knowing Doll for quite a while, I have become familiar with them--their playstyle is a whole different story, but otherwise, he is just like Toaster and Jim Groovester to me; an ol' mentor-person that I look up to.

And that goes for literally everyone else that I become familiarized with, because out of game, we're all good buddies over time or at least over information. In-game, I physically scan my laptop screen and see everyone's posts as they are. I focus on the content, not feeling anything at all different from person to person. All my actions and nature towards others are moreso to this content, however my emotional reaction also biases me, like how I see Lenglon as a buddy-who-may-be-Town, but she was also Scum back in previous games. But in general I feel relaxed and excited.

WHY ARE YOU SCOPIN' OUT MY BUDDY, FLABORT?! WHY ONLY HIM!?
I MISSED YOU TOO!
In all seriousness: Why is your only question to me about Doll? Do you have a particular interest in him?
And did you leave me open to answer about anyone else? {Lenglon, Jack, you, Doll, and others I've grown close to or familiar and comfortable with are those I'm relaxed and excited with; the rest are the same too--newbies have a curious and excited reaction}

OK....
My brain was not prepared for this yet. I mean, it's afternoon already but I slept in very, very late today. And I had forgotten that you are basically the goddess of making friends.
My only question to you is about doll because I couldn't think of anything else fitting at the time - my capacity for high-level questioning is low at the start of a game. Sure, you're absolutely free to answer about anyone else you want to.

Flabort:
Persus13
Long time no interact. What do you feel you'll be bringing to the scum-hunting table this time around?
My skills, which are a little out of practice, and my gut, which isn't the most reliable thing in the world. But with the power of teamwork, I should be able to bring down the mafia.
Why did you FOS doll in this post instead of voting him? I'm getting a weird standoffish feel from you, and that's probably why.

There's basically three leads. Doll's crazy claim, Shakerag's miller claim, and Jack's theme claim. None of these were resulting from RVS questions, and all three are hard to confirm or deny - and further questioning about these claims won't be helpful, as like I said its very hard to confirm or deny anything these three say about their claims. It's just an unhelpful pile of WIFOM.
If they're WIFOM, why do you call them leads? What do you mean by leads here? Because from where I'm sitting, none of those will lead to anything that's useful D1.
1) A) Because doll might be a jester B) Because I don't want to get too involved in the game lest my addiction take back over C) It was my first post of the game, I usually reserve my vote for later after I've had a chance for some back-and-forth.

2) I call them leads because it was the only moderately useful conversation topic that existed so far. Leads refers to anything that can spark conversation and lead to somebody voting over the topic of conversation. And they were unhelpful leads to me because I can't pull any useful evidence out of the WIFOM that they produce. However, they still produced some conversation which lead to other conversation producing more leads to follow, even if some of these leads are still tangled in WIFOM.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2017, 03:39:22 pm »

FallacyofUrist is, uh. Thinking about the game like someone who expects to be around for a long time, for whatever reason? Which is probably a better tell in a standard game than here but I don't quite follow why he's directing effort toward the things that he's directing them to, or why he thinks he's getting ~nothing out of Shakerag but isn't ranking Shakerag in a similar category to doll/TheBiggerFIsh. He's doing lots of theory talk about scumtells that seem fairly divorced from what people are doing in the game itself, lots of ~I'll look into getting actual reads later~, lots of Here's What I'll Care About on Day 2. I didn't like his reaction to being asked why he was shitposting - sounded to me like ~I'm Self-Aware of What I Usually Do And I'm Telling You About It Even Though It Wasn't Asked Of Me~ (x).

I can see where you're coming from with most of those things, not sure I agree with it finalising my read as strong a scumlean as you seem to get from it, but can you walk me through the bolded part?

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2017, 03:39:44 pm »

Pozzai-chan
Getting killed on purpose really doesn't serve your team's objectives.
It also blows a kill I could use on someone else.

Shakes & TolyK
I was more asking about the unblockability and extra action night powers, which at present I intend to apply indiscriminantly.
I asked because you were they and unlike persus had already posted (so were maybe less likely to be caught in something already).

I've somehow failed to mention, or to, it appears, consider the following fact:
When I revive a player I used one of the kills on, they become a vanilla (whatever their alignment was).

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2017, 03:44:32 pm »

Pozzai: Explain why you are buddying Tea.

Why do you think/where do you see me buddying her?
 If that was the case, why was your first reaction not to call me out for that, instead of saying "Tea and Pozzai interaction is weird"?
 Why isn't Tea's opinion on the subject of interest to you, as she a) was involved in the discussion(at least presumably) and b) is the only one who knows me in this game?

What did you get from my reads, why was it important to you that I give any if you're not going to be interacting with me about those?
The bit last night where I said the interaction was weird.
Because it was 5 in the morning and that was the extent of my coherent thoughts on the subject.
Tea doesn't appear to be buddying you.  You appear to be buddying Tea.

What did I get from your reads?  Nothing, because I don't even know where they are.  Put 'em up.

Pozzai: Stop buddying Tea, geez.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 01, 2017, 03:44:38 pm »

Pozzai-chan
Getting killed on purpose really doesn't serve your team's objectives.
It also blows a kill I could use on someone else.

Nor does removing interactions with about you, but you did it anyways, and I'm not getting killed on purpose, I'm merely saying the things you pointed out about me are so mindnumblingly pulled in a scum direction instead of looking at it as a whole, that I quite frankly cba interacting with you because you adress it from an angle where you've already made up you mind, so why bother.

You also say I'm bad, because I'm not easy to read. This should surely mean you have reads on everyone else in the game right, because we can't all be bad.

Your attacks are weak, biased and if you're town you're stuck in a tunnel I have no interest dealing with, so I'd rather just deal around it.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 01, 2017, 03:46:14 pm »

Still not answering the part WHERE I am buddying Tea, why don't you point out specific elements and tell me/the thread why that specific area is a buddy attempt?

Also, ISO me for the reads, they're there for your availability.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 01, 2017, 03:50:16 pm »

Unvote I feel TBF has fulfilled what I was pressuring him into.
Speaking of which, TBF, Here are Pozzai's reads, what little of them exist.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ISO
I have no clue what you are trying to say here.
The Cyan Menace

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 01, 2017, 03:51:33 pm »

I've asked you specifically to post your reads.
I made distinct reference to your town reads, which you strongly implied to had developed (since you hadn't at the time you posted the 4 reads earlier, unless you really were just referring to TBF which seems unlikely based on more recent context).
I don't need you to shoot after me with a case because the best your case will end in is 'oh yeah but doll's basically going to confirm that they are non-town if they are still around D2 so we may as well wait' and like I said, interactional analysis is useless imo.

Your reads aren't there.
You've posted a few reads (the famous 4, a stray comment in relation to another players analysis, etc.) but it clearly isn't the full extent of what you've seen.

I'll post a full reads list when I get time (which is like ~15 hours) to show you what I mean and what I'm hoping you can produce for me.

My attacks are weak because I'm pressuring you.
I want you to understand that, for all intents and purposes, you have 15 votes riding on you, and they won't move until you satisfy my criteria for town.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 01, 2017, 03:52:09 pm »

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ISO
I have no clue what you are trying to say here.

ISO is short for isolate, when you isolate a person's post to read them.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 01, 2017, 03:52:23 pm »

EBWOP:
The above is addressed to Pozzai-chan

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 01, 2017, 03:55:13 pm »

I want you to understand that, for all intents and purposes, you have 15 votes riding on you, and they won't move until you satisfy my criteria for town.
Just curious, where is this number coming from?
The Cyan Menace

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 01, 2017, 03:56:55 pm »

Oh right, I was thinking there were 14 players.
My apologies, it's 17 votes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 01, 2017, 04:00:11 pm »

Still not answering the part WHERE I am buddying Tea, why don't you point out specific elements and tell me/the thread why that specific area is a buddy attempt?

FallacyofUrist is, uh. Thinking about the game like someone who expects to be around for a long time, for whatever reason? Which is probably a better tell in a standard game than here but I don't quite follow why he's directing effort toward the things that he's directing them to, or why he thinks he's getting ~nothing out of Shakerag but isn't ranking Shakerag in a similar category to doll/TheBiggerFIsh. He's doing lots of theory talk about scumtells that seem fairly divorced from what people are doing in the game itself, lots of ~I'll look into getting actual reads later~, lots of Here's What I'll Care About on Day 2. I didn't like his reaction to being asked why he was shitposting - sounded to me like ~I'm Self-Aware of What I Usually Do And I'm Telling You About It Even Though It Wasn't Asked Of Me~ (x).

I can see where you're coming from with most of those things, not sure I agree with it finalising my read as strong a scumlean as you seem to get from it, but can you walk me through the bolded part?
This.  That, and your earlier exchange that I commented on.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 01, 2017, 04:02:53 pm »

I've asked you specifically to post your reads.
I made distinct reference to your town reads, which you strongly implied to had developed (since you hadn't at the time you posted the 4 reads earlier, unless you really were just referring to TBF which seems unlikely based on more recent context).
I don't need you to shoot after me with a case because the best your case will end in is 'oh yeah but doll's basically going to confirm that they are non-town if they are still around D2 so we may as well wait' and like I said, interactional analysis is useless imo.

Your reads aren't there.
You've posted a few reads (the famous 4, a stray comment in relation to another players analysis, etc.) but it clearly isn't the full extent of what you've seen.

I'll post a full reads list when I get time (which is like ~15 hours) to show you what I mean and what I'm hoping you can produce for me.

My attacks are weak because I'm pressuring you.

Except you either take things out of context or misrepresent them.

There's a huge difference between setting things up for interactions and not being willing to guide people through them to get answers, and wanting them to unfold naturally.

And.

Discussing reads.

I am not interesting in telling people "this is what I want from this thing I've done"

Also the initial comment you made about me not being consequent with my opinions, in regards to what I want in terms of interacting with people.

The comment to tea was not an issue I had with her being interested in discussing reads, it's that she went to the extent she did to nitpick small things extremely early in the game. Nitpickery is what scum tends to do.

I followed this up with a few more questions later, the last one being how her day had been. I considered her tone very off, she's usually fluffier in demeanor, you can usually feel some kind of fun coming from her, which in this game has been absent. I considered it potentially being that she had a crappy day and that could be the issue.

Her response was "good day, crumpy/tired" which I consider a genuine answer, because if she knew what I was fishing for she'd just write "lousy day, don't ask".

She was also my "something something will disclosure later" read in my reads list, because I wanted to see if her tone changed the next day, which it didn't, and which finally let me to the "did you plan any gimmicks" question.

I kind of hoped people would actively show interest in the "will disclosure later" part on their own though, to seem interested, but no one did.

Just because I don't blabber out anything I have in mind all the time, doesn't mean I don't consider stuff, and no, I wont give a full reads list, I never do, I'll give stuff when I feel it's important or I have drained enough information from it that I feel like I can't get any more, which would be glaringly obvious if you had asked for any prior games to look at.

I play some of my cards close to the chest, because it's the best way to catch people unprepared.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 01, 2017, 04:03:49 pm »

This.  That, and your earlier exchange that I commented on.

You didn't point anything specific out though, all you do is "hey here's a whole sentence, somewhere in there I see a buddy attempt but I wont narrow it down" >_>
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 95