Poll

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Yes
- 4 (50%)
No
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 27 - Game Over - Il Palazzo wins  (Read 33849 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 27 - To Glory
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2017, 08:24:29 am »

Turn 2 is when it all becomes real, since that's when you get to see just how screwed you are by the initial indy placement.  ("Oh, nothing but knights and barbarians? Joy!")

Edit: ah, top of the page - well then.

Good Luck All, and May the Best God Win!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2017, 10:08:48 am »

("Oh, nothing but knights and barbarians? Joy!")

I would actually be thrilled to see barbarians around me, no shields + minimal armor is just asking to be filled with javelins! As for Knights... Point.
(PS: After playing Sceleria, not having to pay for the lorica segmentata all their troops are equipped with is a great relief...
No seriously, it's greatly overpriced even compared to the equivalent common armor. The lorica squamata and hamata don't have that issue)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2017, 05:14:41 pm »

Turn 2 is when it all becomes real, since that's when you get to see just how screwed you are by the initial indy placement.  ("Oh, nothing but knights and barbarians? Joy!")

Alternately, for those brave souls who send their SC pretender out turn one, it may become very real on turn two.
Check out my books at O and H Books

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2017, 05:43:23 pm »

(PS: After playing Sceleria, not having to pay for the lorica segmentata all their troops are equipped with is a great relief...
No seriously, it's greatly overpriced even compared to the equivalent common armor. The lorica squamata and hamata don't have that issue)
Shadow Vestals don't have lorica segmentata, though?

Bear with me here, but what's going on with the "Pretenders of the world" screen? I thought that even with score graphs disabled you could at least check out the funny things other players named their pretenders. It's been long enough I could be misremembering, though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2017, 06:37:23 pm »

Wew, good timing, just checked in to see if we were starting.
Shoes...

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2017, 07:02:55 pm »

Cap-Only sacreds that rely entirely on their ethereality to survive. Also fairly heavy on the gold for a unit that rapidly folds when magic gets involved

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2017, 07:31:03 pm »

Bear with me here, but what's going on with the "Pretenders of the world" screen? I thought that even with score graphs disabled you could at least check out the funny things other players named their pretenders. It's been long enough I could be misremembering, though.

I thought the same. Is it possible we're set to all info disabled instead? I guess the only way to find out is if someone gets spies (pretty rare in EA, I believe).

Anyway, here's a list of pretender names from the turn 2 prophet announcements:
Ermor: Nirnokastrol
Marverni: Cynosure
Sauromatia: Avatre Dragonheart
C'tis: Biting Political Commentary
Tir na n'Og: Deirdre
Fomoria: Balor
Lanka: The Great Bay
Hinnom: Howaitoburu
Therodos: Maggie Thatcher
Ur: [not yet announced]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 11:25:51 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2017, 09:16:20 pm »

the names Avatre Dragonheart, named after my last name and the name of a character from a book I like.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2017, 01:42:59 am »

Cap-Only sacreds that rely entirely on their ethereality to survive. Also fairly heavy on the gold for a unit that rapidly folds when magic gets involved
Fair enough. I thought we were talking about the expansion phase, where Shadow Vestals really shine with a decent bless, but they do drop off in usefulness once you start fighting other players.

Much unlike Serpent Dancers, who are, of course, practically invincible throughout all stages of the game, which is why I've definitely invested in a triple-bless to maximize their value. It'll pay off, you'll see, you'll all see!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2017, 03:51:55 am »

D: aw, shucks. Shitty thrones and none underwater.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2017, 06:16:37 am »

Ur worships the great and all-powerful Farmer Brown.

In retrospect, I probably should have prophetized. :(
Check out my books at O and H Books

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2017, 08:01:06 am »

There isn't much else to do turn 1, is there?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2017, 08:04:28 am »

If your nation has a strong priest* you plan to recruit in the first few turns then you want to hold on. Otherwise making either your commander or scout your prophet is generally a good thing. Commander for the ability to boost troop morale and scout to do sneaky preaching.

*Strong meaning a priest that has 3 or more holy magic so they get the +1 to it instead of being set to 3
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2017, 08:12:54 am »

How the heck did LIZARDPEOPLE CONTROL THE GOVERNMENT get 23 kills already? Go up against a bunch of undead?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2017, 08:25:06 am »

Could have been sent out on the first turn instead of waiting for info. Risky move if so but apparently it panned out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26