Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777169 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl of Cydwyl!
« Reply #14550 on: September 03, 2018, 09:22:55 am »

BD

Though I can admire the political maneuvering to try to bring Eldrican under our control, we are in danger of causing a bit too much unrest with such a decision. The Methe-Cydwyl consolidation is still tenuous at best.

Further, by empowering Methiant nobles, we can, for now at least, buy their support in the coming troubles.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14551 on: September 03, 2018, 09:31:06 am »

BD

Though I can admire the political maneuvering to try to bring Eldrican under our control, we are in danger of causing a bit too much unrest with such a decision. The Methe-Cydwyl consolidation is still tenuous at best.

Further, by empowering Methiant nobles, we can, for now at least, buy their support in the coming troubles.
B makes the nobles happy, and F adds eldrican. The two mesh together perfectly ;D. Also, I don't remember if we are the descendants of Yoe III. If not, I kinda think we should be. If we don't take eldrican, there is no reason not to have c instead.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14552 on: September 03, 2018, 09:33:44 am »

What's the point of trying to constantly massively expand if it comes at the cost of giving up our control and power?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14553 on: September 03, 2018, 09:34:32 am »

What's the point of trying to constantly massively expand if it comes at the cost of giving up our control and power?

And you don't get free cores on inheritance here anyways, do you know how many rebels that equals!?

Hella! :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14554 on: September 03, 2018, 09:37:05 am »

let's... Stop around here.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14555 on: September 03, 2018, 09:41:07 am »

We will simply need to consolidate and bind our holdings before we continue our expansion. Maybe talk with some elves too I guess, we're bordering them now.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14556 on: September 03, 2018, 10:01:10 am »

CD

Why would we ever want to give the nobles more power? All it will do is cause more problems latter. B is a horrible idea. The only reason I'm even voting C instead of A is because it has more votes and I'd rather we not have to deal with more stubborn uppity nobles than we have to for generations. Hell fighting a rebellion from resentful Cydwyl nobles is better than giving the Methianese nobles the power to give us actually problems. That and the traditional Luathbasian form of nobility is obviously superior to any other form of nobility.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:04:31 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14557 on: September 03, 2018, 10:06:22 am »

A,D
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14558 on: September 03, 2018, 10:10:23 am »

BD
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14559 on: September 03, 2018, 10:19:41 am »

CD well that went worse than expected
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:54:55 pm by Basil ii »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14560 on: September 03, 2018, 11:06:17 am »

I guess I'll vote CD instead, to make sure BD doesn't win

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14561 on: September 03, 2018, 11:39:31 am »

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the title, but you know what? This is fine. Yoe IV was able to kill a threat to the realm when others fled, it's highly likely people will see him as more of a hero after that heroic act of self sacrifice (Even if it was slightly idiotic), which should be a general improvement in the long run. Not only that, I'm no longer stressing over how we start the actual integration. Now I'm worried about how well the integration will actually go instead. I'm sure it'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Also, I'm abstaining from this vote for now.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14562 on: September 03, 2018, 11:41:03 am »

I think the biggest problem with giving more powers and privileges, including private armies(!), to the nobility is our perpetually low Authority score. Really the only ruler who kept it up for any length of time was Ruberta the Good, and her son managed to undo it all with one poor choice. This is the age of Fireblood militaries rather than warlords, we've been discussing plans to improve education nationwide, the historic trend in our neighbors has tended toward consolidation into larger states – how much can we gain by decentralizing power at this point?

Cyl has charmed his nobles up until now, but recall their previous rulers who had so much trouble in both finances and authority. This is what worries me in the time beyond our charismatic monarch. Cydwyll's system is not a great model in my opinion.

I'd even be willing to change my vote if necessary for a coalition against BD (though by my count CD is currently the next strongest contender, so not yet.)

Also if we had a different compromise option where we extend some privileges but insist they give up private militias and integrate them into the Imperial Army, I could go for that maybe. Not ideal to me, but maybe.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:45:57 am by mightymushroom »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14563 on: September 03, 2018, 11:47:05 am »

CD

Why would we ever want to give the nobles more power? All it will do is cause more problems latter. B is a horrible idea. The only reason I'm even voting C instead of A is because it has more votes and I'd rather we not have to deal with more stubborn uppity nobles than we have to for generations. Hell fighting a rebellion from resentful Cydwyl nobles is better than giving the Methianese nobles the power to give us actually problems. That and the traditional Luathbasian form of nobility is obviously superior to any other form of nobility.
+1
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14564 on: September 03, 2018, 12:17:41 pm »

+1
You know that haspen don't count this as a vote right?

If we are going the BD way we got a problem

If we got the CD way we are in the way of some kind of monarchy federalism or whatever, two states with laws and a emperor with absolute laws over everybody

But still prefer AD but i have to change the vote to flee from BD

5 BD
4 CD (not counting Imic)
2 AD

Unless it accept split votes, this way I am not counting because I am going afk right now

Can please the people that are voting C to not not lose to BD enter in a consensus with the others that vote C so we can go A?

We have a MIGHTY army, we have a +2 natural charisma + artifact bonus, if they keep rebelling we can even pass those Tax edict as a clear revenge and power curbing

we can use our charisma to convince THE PANTHEONISTS TO HELP US in trade of passing some of those nice edicts or RALLY THE POPULATION I DUNNO
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 1087