Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777062 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl of Cydwyl!
« Reply #14535 on: September 02, 2018, 09:51:17 pm »

I didn't vote for it myself, but I also hadn't realized that it had gorgon powers. However, making Cyl our heir was definitely a good call... For now anyways.
It probably didn't help that it had been such a time since the description. I went back and read what it was, but I see why others wouldn't bother.

I knew what it could do. I figured our odds were 50/50 at best.

But I also knew that if we died, we would get Cydwyl before Yoe IV could cock up the whole inheritance with his hedonism, AND we would have an already Charismatic Emperor with an artifact of negotiation. We were just talking about how Yoe was becoming a Despot during the Parsia war, well, we just let him die a hero before he could go full villain.

Is it ideal to lose a character who is luck, healthy, and martial all in one? No. Was the trade off worth it? Time will tell. I think there is a damn good chance.

I think like half the people at this point wanted our character to die anyway so actually were probably rooting for this outcome. And I can hardly blame them, he was certainly a magnet for trouble.

I was more than willing to accept this outcome, but I wasn't rooting for it. Yoe the Beastslayer would have been a badass character to play. What nation wouldn't shit themselves if they heard that the mighty Methianese army was coming for them, lead by a fucking Megabeast killing sociopath?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: September 02, 2018, 10:06:33 pm »

So apparently Yoe IV our very first Genius Emperor is dead now because obviously single handedly fighting giant monsters is an amazing idea. *Prophet sighs*

CCBB
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 11:15:26 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #14537 on: September 03, 2018, 12:27:04 am »

I check in after a day of driving and you idiots managed to send our emperor to solo a megabeast?
CCBA
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:31:02 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14538 on: September 03, 2018, 02:56:03 am »

B C B B
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: September 03, 2018, 07:57:46 am »

Honestly, I am mostly impressed that Yoe IV did succeed in killing it. Were it not for the death throes 1, he might have survived.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14540 on: September 03, 2018, 08:44:45 am »

baba baba baba baba baba baba baba
cdda
bdba
cdba
abaa
babb
ccbb
ccba
bcbb

You consider various combinations for a brief while because one has materialised clearly in your mind. You declare that Empire of Methiant-Cydwyl will have its capital in Methe, and that Yoean Eagle will be over the Cydwyllian and Methiantese royal animals.

Your son Yoe will have a place in family tombs, like others before him.

With that out of the way, you've got more of political work to do; the point of argument now is the priviledges of Cydwyllian noblemen.

They had lands, prestige and wealth to brag about, while those in Methiant had nothing but their family names and traditions. If Cydwyllian noblemen were to be integrated into Methiantese politics, they would have to give up their, sometimes, immense wealth, political power and private troops. On the other hand, you also notice some murmuring amongst Methiantese noblemen - it seems that some are eager to get more freedoms, priviledges and wealth after centuries of being simple aristocratic figureheads.

A) We will keep the Methiantese system, the Cydwyllian aristocracy will have to adapt.
B) Methiantese nobility will be given priviledges so they can be equal to their Cydwyllian counterparts.
C) I'm sure that we can keep both groups divided and with their respective laws and priviledges intact.

The other part is designation of your heir for the throne of Methiant-Cydwyl.

Whilst the Methiantese courtiers would like to see the adult and greatly skilled Deathan on the throne, the Cydwyllians instead want to see one of your descendants on the throne, and that means the young Cidric, Yoe IV's son (they would agree to Aina too, for she is Yoe's firstborn). Of course the palette of candidates is broad and you can still choose someone else...

A) It will be Cylia, your eldest daughter.
B) It will be Ciri, your youngest daughter.
C) It will be Aina, Yoe IV's daughter.
D) It will be Cidric, Yoe IV's son.
E) It will be Princess Eiri, daughter of Yoe III.
F) It will be Hein, King of Eldrican and son of Yoe III.
G) It will be Deathan, son of Yoe III.
H) It will be Feir, eldest son of Hein.
I) It will be Jacor, second son of Hein.
K) It will be Rubert, third son of Hein.
L) It will be Una, youngest daughter of Hein.
M) It will be Alfyn, youngest son of Hein.
N) It will be Sigurd, son of Jacor and Hein's grandson.
O) It will be Duach, Deathan's eldest son.
P) It will be Houlandin, Deathan's youngest son.
Q) It will be Wihemina of Cydwyl, Yoe IV's widow.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:33:32 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14541 on: September 03, 2018, 08:55:39 am »

BD
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:27:59 am by Maximum Spin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14542 on: September 03, 2018, 08:55:53 am »

AD

It's sure to cause a lot of resentment, on both sides even, but I think backsliding our centralization and political control is going to cause a lot of issues that, even if it's dangerous, we should try to avoid now. (Although this might be the big negative of skipping forward on the inheritance thing... If Yoe had taken over I think people would be a lot more understanding of lessened nobles.)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: September 03, 2018, 08:56:53 am »

BA

Hotfire90

« Reply #14544 on: September 03, 2018, 09:01:18 am »

CB
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:27:39 pm by Hotfire90 »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #14545 on: September 03, 2018, 09:02:59 am »

BF
We're not that young, there's a fair chance of us dying in the near future. Hein has Eldrican. Eldrican has Koi. Make him our heir, and we finally truly unite Luathbas, as well as a helluva lot of other lands.

Also, If we make our vassals happy, both the unification of Methiant-Cydwyl and eventually Eldrican would go way smoother. We can also have some of our men overlooking Parsia, keeping the peace for us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: September 03, 2018, 09:06:44 am »

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14547 on: September 03, 2018, 09:08:23 am »

C D changing

I think the least friction will be made by letting the Cydwyllian families keep their prerogatives for now, but keeping an option to confiscate them later if they misbehave. (We've already got a hyphenated name, it shouldn't be too much more work to hyphenate the legal codes. :P)

I don't want to expand too fast to integrate via inheritance, this is already a generational change; going with our male grandchild is another way to soothe the Cydwyl nobles while we start applying Methiant-style bureaucracy.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:31:24 pm by mightymushroom »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: September 03, 2018, 09:12:55 am »

BF

Keep it in the dynasty, and we will unite lauthbas. Why you'll want the daughter of someone who isn't really in the dynasty is beyond me.
I prefer c for the first, but i fear if I don't vote for b another will win.

Edit, changed to CD
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:04:47 am by auzewasright »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14549 on: September 03, 2018, 09:16:10 am »

BD
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:31:23 am by Kashyyk »
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 1087