Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776202 times)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #13410 on: August 01, 2018, 04:01:09 am »

Fair enough you do have a point. maybe I should have used the Hapsburg’s ascension to power instead for my example. Often the Hapsburg’s during their rise used war as a political tool before inflation from Latin American gold and silver crushed the worth of their coins them let’s not repeat that particular part shall we?.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:13:02 am by Basil ii »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13411 on: August 01, 2018, 04:17:18 am »

Often the Hapsburg’s during their rise used war as a political tool before inflation crushed them let’s not repeat that particular part shall we?.
The important question, of course, is, if A was correlated with B historically, how can we convince ourselves that it is possible to do A and not B?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13412 on: August 01, 2018, 04:38:49 am »

Often the Hapsburg’s during their rise used war as a political tool before inflation crushed them let’s not repeat that particular part shall we?.
The important question, of course, is, if A was correlated with B historically, how can we convince ourselves that it is possible to do A and not B?
a] because we don’t have literal mountains of silver to deal with b] we don’t have an empire that overstretched as the Hapsburg’s had they wasted a lot of money trying to keep all parts of the empire unified it took months to reach the ends of the empire while methiant is large it not that large. C] we don’t have as many problems as the Hapsburg’s no Protestants to cow no France to keep in check no Netherlands’s to try and make stable no Ottoman Empire that threatens one of our biggest provinces sure we have problems but compared to the Hapsburg’s during their fall this is heaven. Anyway that was my two cents
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 07:17:24 am by Basil ii »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13413 on: August 01, 2018, 10:11:41 am »

a] because we don’t have literal mountains of silver to deal with b] we don’t have an empire that overstretched as the Hapsburg’s had they wasted a lot of money trying to keep all parts of the empire unified it took months to reach the ends of the empire while methiant is large it not that large. C] we don’t have as many problems as the Hapsburg’s no Protestants to cow no France to keep in check no Netherlands’s to try and make stable no Ottoman Empire that threatens one of our biggest provinces sure we have problems but compared to the Hapsburg’s during their fall this is heaven. Anyway that was my two cents

Hmmm :v

* Haspen writes notes too.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13414 on: August 01, 2018, 10:20:53 am »

On the flip side, some Richard Cranium stole over 20 econ worth of artifacts. I think we have enough of our own problems :P

How come we can't find some master thief of our own to rob our neighbours blind? That gives me a Lore question actually...

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13415 on: August 01, 2018, 10:45:00 am »

On the flip side, some Richard Cranium stole over 20 econ worth of artifacts. I think we have enough of our own problems :P

sure it’s bad but not Austria hungry during ww1 levels of bad a Frankenstein’s monster of a nation my god the sheer incompetence of that nation Like using cavalry with lances in a semi modern war level of incompetence.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:44:18 am by Basil ii »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13416 on: August 01, 2018, 11:05:35 am »

why do I get the feeling that haspen post may have some impact about the future of methiant I got a ominous feeling about this. it’s probably going to be a new empire system where you have to build roads to maintain political cohesion I wonder if there is going to be different quality of the roads like a muddy road might be cheap but is quite inefficient while for example paved road is going to expensive but efficient. Anyway this was my baseless speculations.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:09:26 am by Basil ii »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13417 on: August 02, 2018, 12:30:53 pm »

Less pseudo-history, more votes people V:

a
b
cccccccc

You meet with the Simian delegate first. The pudgy, short man in clad in finest robes of multitude of colors, with yellow, purple and orange prevailing. His long beard is neatly combed and his cape is shiny of golden thread.

"Greetings to you, Emperor Yoe! My only lord and master, Emperor Mahjar Sim, has always been in awe of the size of your Treasury. Therefore, he is offering another item that is aplenty in Simian and has been found nowhere in Methiant - a drink called t'chai! It is made of leaves that are dried up and then boiled, creating a drink that is both recreational, invigorating, soothing and medicinal in the same time. Wealthy people from all over Simia and further east, be it merchants, priests or princes, indulge in the tchai after meals and ceremonies."

A) "Sounds lovely. Get me that tchai, and you will get my money!"
B) "Sounds nice, but maybe you could offer something else?"
C) "I'm a warrior, not a drinker of herbal mixtures! Shoo!"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13418 on: August 02, 2018, 12:34:08 pm »

A
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13419 on: August 02, 2018, 12:39:06 pm »

A

although if option B said "... like one of your princesses, or princes, I'm not judging" I'd go with that instead.

Hotfire90

« Reply #13420 on: August 02, 2018, 12:39:31 pm »

A

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13421 on: August 02, 2018, 12:42:48 pm »

A - Money for happiness? Sure.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13422 on: August 02, 2018, 12:44:07 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13423 on: August 02, 2018, 12:48:03 pm »

You decide to buy t'chai leaves for your people.

Now it's time to meet with...

A) Courtier with a report!
B) The Damdamians!
SigFlags!

Hotfire90

« Reply #13424 on: August 02, 2018, 12:48:21 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 1087