Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777233 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Luath of Methiant!
« Reply #2310 on: October 29, 2017, 03:29:59 am »

Funny enough, controlled transfer is a pretty stable form of monarchy, if we get in the habit of it enough to effectively change the laws so we can just do this every 10-15 years with someone from our family line, maybe elected by our dukes or whatever, it would actually be good idea.

D

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: October 29, 2017, 03:47:12 am »

D! They're gonna say that Luath was the most courteous Duede to ever reign over the nation, that's for sure. A true Duede among Duedes.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: October 29, 2017, 04:40:52 am »

D had huge advantage over all other options and was a clear winner ;v

You publicly proclaim that you will rule Methiant until Cyl reaches the valid age of ascension - fifteen years. That means that the Year 1114 AD will be the last year of your rule.

Segeda of course looks very pleased, and the nobles accept your decision too.

1102 AD, Summer

An urgent letter has arrived from the silver mines in the north east. The manager of the mines writes that the miners have noticed that the veins of ore are going dry, and new digging sites provide not a speck of metal. He believes that the mines will soon run out of ore, perhaps in as little as two or three years. Just like dwarves 'prophesized'.

In the last part of the letter he asks what to do - is he to close the mines, or shall you fund a new mining endeavour nearby in hopes of uncovering some extra ore?

A) Nay, dumping money into truly exhausted mines would be waste of time and coins.
B) Of course! We need to do everything to squeeze as much as possible from the area.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: October 29, 2017, 05:20:20 am »

A

The dwarves know mining.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: October 29, 2017, 05:42:44 am »

At least we don't have anywhere for the silver to go anymore.

Spices, we will miss you.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: October 29, 2017, 05:57:10 am »

A, perhaps we'll find an alternative source of income, but the Silver Age looks to have drawn to a tragic close.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: October 29, 2017, 07:11:47 am »

Alas
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: October 29, 2017, 09:08:22 am »

You send him a reply in which you order thim to shut down the mining operations once the ore runs out.

1102 AD, Midsummer

Your wife gives birth to a baby girl! She names her 'Yra', after a warrior-queen from one of very old folk tales.

You hear news from the north; apparently Queen Dogethe decided to tame The Wildlands and established few settlements in that region. It's a rocky plateau dotted with few spruce glades and only few running streams - a harsh land to farm and thrive on, but it seems Cydwyls believe they can do it.

The caravan of Fireblood supplies arrived from the west. Your alchemists gladly took the powders and ores to their workshops.

1102 AD, Autumn

A seldom event occured in the north!

King Daran of Dahnia died heirless. His cousin, King Algaus of Helliste has declared his intent to take the throne of Dahnia, citing his family relationship (he is Daran's maternal cousin) as a legitimate claim for it. Apparently, the Dahnian nobility, with few exceptions, decided to go with it without resistance. There are, of course, some of Daran's relatives running around Dahnia at the moment but they have little power in politics, so who knows if they will do anything about this.

1102 AD, Mid-Autumn

Your Advisor arrives with a report.

"Sire, I'm happy to announce that our alchemsits and metallurgists has managed to produce a certain amount of Thundercats. These powerful siege machines will be now at the disposal of our Army, and considering their smaller size and lesser weight, we can conduct military operations at regular speed now."

You nod at the Advisor and are ready to dismiss him, when he speaks up.

"The Royal Alchemist and the Marshal both inquire whether there should be a formal presentation of the Thundercats' power which you and the rest of Royal Family would attend."

A) "Nah, just have them added to our Army already."
B) "Agreed! I will personally thank them after a successful combat presentation."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: October 29, 2017, 09:09:44 am »

B

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: October 29, 2017, 09:36:15 am »

I were largely inclined to maintain the thundercats as "secret" and trade blackhearts

but i think it ain't happen

If there is going to be an presentation anyway B

I really don't know if it will be only fluff text, if we are gonna gain some opportunities/danger but damn it. Charismatic guy shouldn't lose a chance to talk to someone
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: October 29, 2017, 09:42:37 am »

B it is!  And we really, really need to find a new income source.  o_o

Maybe we can develop a major manufacturing district in the capital instead?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: October 29, 2017, 09:51:58 am »

B! I mean, what are the odds of something violently exploding and hitting us in the head or something?

Maybe we can develop a major manufacturing district in the capital instead?

Time to dip into that secondary sector! Just a stepping stone to a burgeoning service industry and a developed economy!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: October 29, 2017, 10:37:01 am »

It really is a vital step in our nation's development.  Think about how powerful Flanders or Venice got, despite their size.  Sure we'll need to exploit the primary industries of our neighbours to do it, but it is a way.  Just need to keep those burghers down... >_>
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: October 29, 2017, 11:49:41 am »

A

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: October 29, 2017, 12:25:12 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 1087