Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777540 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #6240 on: January 19, 2018, 05:43:46 pm »

I'm switching vote to B.

I was already wavering between A and B, and with all this time to think about it I flipped across.
Higher risk (losing Eval AND losing a war, not to mention really low army) but also I think the better chance of a good outcome.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: January 19, 2018, 09:52:45 pm »

B. The Agaresians must be running out of manpower by now.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: January 20, 2018, 09:08:59 am »

People who switch their votes should make it a courtesy to scratch out their previous posts ;v

aaaaa
bbbbbbbbb
dd

You decide to order that your sons and your Army return from Cydwyl and help deal with the Evalian rebels.

1136 AD, Autumn

Your sons have returned; Connan, against your orders however, decreed that Thundercats against Agaresians, along with some few hundred troops, were to be let in Cidric's care until Agaresians are truly repelled, as minor raids continue.

Houlandin on other hand does not want to go. According to what you've heard from one of his favorite servants and best friends, he is in fact both angry and sad about losing an eye and thus permamently being viewed as cripple till end of his days. Not even the fact that ladies find his eyepatch and thick golden stubble sexy and manly seem to lift his spirits.

As for Cidric's self-governance...

A) It's a reasonable thing to do plus it shows we don't abandon our alliance with Cydwyls, so he can get away with it.
B) Scold him for leaving extremely important part of military in foreigners' hands and away from the important battlefield of Eval.
C) -

As for Houlandin's self-grief...

A) Find him a wife. Nothing soothes man's spirit than a beautiful woman at his side, distracting him during monotony of everyday life.
B) Praise his efforts and give him special military command powers, second only to the Marshal, to boost his self-esteem.
C) Yell at him to go and get his ass working against Evalians, cuz you ain't raisin' no slackers in this house!
D) -
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: January 20, 2018, 09:12:55 am »

What, we don't get an option to send Houlandin on a dangerous quest to find a mage to heal his eye?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: January 20, 2018, 09:18:44 am »

Get enough wealth to attract a Sorceress, and ask for heals v;

Simple as that.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: January 20, 2018, 09:33:24 am »

He'll have to learn to respect his lost eye. Let it be a warning, not a curse. A calling word, caution.

Not sure what to do here though.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: January 20, 2018, 10:08:12 am »

A

I thought we were going to do something like this anyway from the wording of the previous options.

B

I think it's a good idea... Not only can he make sure the bits of the army we leave up there are safe, but we'll be a lot more effective with both bits of army lead by martial princes. Long term If we can get a "prince of war" position or something going on we'll have the ability to use both charisma and martial traits at the same time without waiting to breed them up... Of course it makes it a lot more possible for rebellions to happen. We need to work to make sure that the army is loyal to the empire first and their commanders second.

So long as we're giving more and more responsibilities to our sons, once Connan beats the rebellion, we should send Leath to negotiate their surrender, and afterwards to assist administration of the area and help fold it into the empire properly instead of just leaving a bunch of bureaucrats in charge. We've got a lot of adult children with powerful traits, we should be using that!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: January 20, 2018, 10:19:48 am »

AB

I like having a one-eyed Houlandin in charge of our sanctioned murder.

Speaking of sanctioned murder though, we should probably start wiping out the Evalian dynasty with the help of our dear Spymaster.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: January 20, 2018, 10:52:41 am »

B B

Connan may be martial but letting him disregard orders is asking for future trouble. (Doubly so if he left all the Thundercats – we need those!)

For Houlandin, the wife option could work but I feel like it may easily backfire if he thinks we're forcing her. We can try that if this reward doesn't work.
(If we're very clever, we throw a gala to celebrate the appointment, and maybe he'll make his own match. He's not a cripple, he's a war hero.)

Combining the two, put Houlandin in charge of the Eval campaign but make Connan stay home so they clearly understand whom we favor.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: January 20, 2018, 11:24:04 am »

Leaning B A

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: January 20, 2018, 11:36:29 am »

BA

Finding him a wife seems to be the correct course of action, as praising him might inflame his sensibilities.

Changing to the AA Gun
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 01:02:19 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: January 20, 2018, 11:44:09 am »

A, B. It was the right choice - we should've been doing that already. As for the latter I actually think A would be better but I'm trying to get one that might win :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: January 20, 2018, 12:31:18 pm »

A, A - Thundercats would be effective against Eval's rabble, but if imagine they'd be of more use against the Lizard Riders.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: January 20, 2018, 12:38:56 pm »

AA. We should be able to defeat a few thousand rebels without artillery, especially since they don't have any either. Plus a wife for Houlandin is something we should be thinking about anyway
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: January 20, 2018, 02:16:40 pm »

AA seems OK.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 1087