Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 775619 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Yoe II of Methiant!
« Reply #2790 on: November 12, 2017, 01:35:44 pm »

You agree to the deal and promise the help keep Lametania secure. They ask for your soldiers to march south by the Spring, and they will send money in the winter time.

1107 AD, End of the Year

The Advisor visits you in the library, where you have been reading a copy of '"The Golden Years of Houlandines'. You close the book and prepare for the worst.

Happiness: 5
Population: 7
Economy: 3
Army: 4

"Our Treasury barely made it even this year, my lord. Shall we extend the period of raised taxes for another year?"

A) "But of course, we cannot go bankrupt!"
B) "No, otherwise people will get angry."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: November 12, 2017, 01:38:18 pm »

B

We have the military money now. I don't want to drop happiness below 5.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: November 12, 2017, 01:39:24 pm »

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: November 12, 2017, 01:40:01 pm »

A We have more happiness than we do money. They can suck it up one for more year while we try to find another new source of income.

B Eh. Actually I guess having a peasant revolt while a part of our military is down south probably isn't the best thing.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:50:09 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: November 12, 2017, 01:43:11 pm »

B, let's hold off for now

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: November 12, 2017, 01:46:14 pm »

B

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: November 12, 2017, 01:47:16 pm »

Yup, even with the extra money coming in from excess taxation, we're loosing money over time. I think peoples estimates of our income have been a bit optimistic tbh.

A

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: November 12, 2017, 01:52:13 pm »

Oh wow. We have actually gone down one with our money. I'm really not sure what is best to vote for here. I don't want the peasants revolting because of unhappiness but we can't keep losing money either... I guess I'll just have to vote A for now and hope the peasants will be understanding.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:03:26 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: November 12, 2017, 02:01:21 pm »

Well, yea it went down. We have bureaucratic and military reforms, the new expedition, and relief funds down to the city. -4 expenditure. +3 from taxes, we went down by one over all. With the military hired out and regular taxes, we have one disposable income a year.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: November 12, 2017, 02:06:31 pm »

Well I guess if your wrong and it goes down to two next year then we'll still be able to raise taxes then. B Here's hoping that we see the economy go up next time we see that scroll. Either way we should really hold back on spending from now on until we can make sure we aren't going to go bankrupt.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: November 12, 2017, 02:10:19 pm »

You decide to lower the taxes to default amount.

1108 AD, Spring

First few hundred soldiers has been sent south to Lametania. You receive a letter from King Umar; he has sent those men to patrol Lametanian roads as banditry has been on the raise in last few years.

1108 AD, Summer

You receive an envoy from Kingdom of Cydwyl.

"Wise King Yoe, my mistress has noticed that your Kingdom possesses certain siege machines that are of interest to our military. We have little in ways of producing Fireblood or making machines using it, therefore Queen Dogethe wishes to procure Fireblood components from your alchemists so that our military can begin their own project." Your courtiers and military officers present grumble and whisper. You do not have enough to supply two countries in the same time, and the military of course wouldn't want the the Cydwyls to catch up technologically (it's enough that they're curbstomping their neighbours without use of Fireblood).

You consider the offer and decide to...

A) Agree to pass Fireblood ingredients from Eldrican further to Cydwyl, but demanding very high price for them.
B) Attempt to sell services of your military designers and Fireblood alchemists instead.
C) Refuse to sell your military equipment and/or secrets to Queen Dogethe.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: November 12, 2017, 02:11:41 pm »

A
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:24:32 pm by Criptfeind »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: November 12, 2017, 02:14:18 pm »

C We spent two generations and invaded a country for that Fireblood. Plus I don't really want Cydwyl to have them as I don't trust them to not turn the weapons right back at us. There is no doubt in my mind the minute they think they can invade us they would. As seen when they did exactly that to Donuth.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: November 12, 2017, 02:25:34 pm »

Eh, we need the cash more then we need the army I think tbh.

And the Queen did swear eternal friendship with Methiant... Not that such promises seem to me that much to npc nations.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: November 12, 2017, 02:33:30 pm »

Queen Dogethe is the lady who met Yoe I in battle, right?

As much as I'm loathe to trust her ambition, I'm less afraid of her than I am of the Damdamians. We need both money and our own fireblood, however, so I say we take a shot at B.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 1087