Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 775563 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Yoe II of Methiant!
« Reply #2820 on: November 12, 2017, 04:52:57 pm »

C

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: November 12, 2017, 04:56:31 pm »

C
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: November 12, 2017, 05:05:36 pm »

C More info never hurt...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: November 12, 2017, 05:22:38 pm »

You ask him to tell in detail what he knows about the ledgers and the mountains.

He obliges eagerly, weaving a tale about how he procured the ledgers from a band of adventurers who profited during the conquest of Donuth (they looted it from abandoned governor's house), and how he made research of the ledgers' contents, and then he tells you about Tven mountains and the ores and stones that were found there, and how it means that silver is there.

Unfortunately for him, you recently read a book about geology, and some details you remember simply don't work with what he said. After being confronted with this, the prospector gets nervous and tries to 'straighten' his tale but only digs him deeper. Soon, the charlatan is hauled away to the royal dungeons!

The Advisor strokes his beard for a while and then leans toward you.

"My liege, while he was a lair, in every tale there is a seed of truth. Mayhaps we should send our own agents to check the area in the mountains he described?"

A) "Sure, a cursory search won't hurt."
B) "Nah, they will only discover the obvious."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: November 12, 2017, 05:23:49 pm »

A, as long as it doesn't cost too much.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: November 12, 2017, 05:28:29 pm »

A

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: November 12, 2017, 05:29:17 pm »

If setting up a mining operation costs a point of two of wealth I doubt sending some prospectors will cost more than a negligable amount.

A

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: November 12, 2017, 05:33:38 pm »

A
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: November 12, 2017, 05:37:36 pm »

A I doubt sending a couple of people to check will actually give a visible dent to our wealth if it cost anything at all in the first place and if there is stuff there then awesome! We really need more resources to return to our former level of prosperity. I'd like for us to eventual become a major economic power like we were on the road to being before we hired that sorceress and our silver mines dried up.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: November 12, 2017, 05:39:56 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: November 12, 2017, 05:41:43 pm »

You agree to have some prospectors camp in the mountains for a while and see if there's any ore to be mined.

1108 AD, Autumn

Money arrives from Queen Dogethe! Per agreement, it equals three years of taxation.

1108 AD, Winter

As every year, gemstones mined out in the south are sent east to Eldrican.

Few days later, during a rather peaceful winter evening, you entertain yourself by reading some sultry books penned by some bards. As the night falls and your yawning reminds you it is time to sleep, suddenly you hear a roar louder than any thunder and flash of light outside.

You run up to the window and grimace at the sight.

The keep outside the capital, where the alchemists and engineers were working on Fireblood, is now half its original height, and giant blaze is bursting upwards from it. Why does bad luck hound you and your kingdom recently? Does the divine dice roll nothing but 1s as of late?

Few days later.

You thank the city guard for his report on extinguishing the fire, and the Royal Alchemist walks up to your throne to deliver his report.

"My liege, we have lost three years worth of supply of Fireblood components. At least five Thundercats have been destroyed, with several older Blackhearts also lost. We laso lost a whole cadre of young engineers who were training to operate our Fireblood engines. I beseech you to donate to our alchemist caste, otherwise our designs, nay, whole FIreblood endeavour will be delayed by several years."

You decide to...

A) Give them only some money, so at least they can get started with rebuilding.
B) Donate heavily to alchemists; Fireblood and Thundercats are of utmost importance of Methiant military.
C) Refuse to give them money, as the Treasury is rather empty nowadays.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: November 12, 2017, 05:45:44 pm »

B

Gotta spend money to make explosions.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: November 12, 2017, 05:47:20 pm »

B

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: November 12, 2017, 05:49:54 pm »

A considering how potentially dire our money situation still is, I think it's best if we don't go too heavily on it.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: November 12, 2017, 05:50:31 pm »

Gah! Why the money? Why is it always our Money? Why can't people just have good new about our Money for once? Gosh darn it.

*Prophet sighs*

A As much as I wish to give enough to keep our war machines rolling the treasury isn't looking so good and we all know what happened to the old Kingdom of Luathbas once their treasury started looking to empty for to long.

Though I still don't regret sending relief funds to the city of Luathbas. War Machines are a lot easier to rebuild than an ancient city filled with centuries of history, culture, and wealth.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:54:22 pm by Prophet »
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 1087