Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Barons of the Galaxy: Defend your monopoly of video games with a war fleet.  (Read 25687 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just put in the multiplier for the level of factory and it tells you what it need per turn.  I never got around to have it break down components (tier 2 goods) when making end products (tier 3).

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is a reference spreadsheet that indicates the amount of raw materials needed to make one unit of anything else.
Hey, thanks for the spreadsheet mate. Now I can plan on using those stockpiles of left minerals to build some stuff with em.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just put in the multiplier for the level of factory and it tells you what it need per turn.

Good idea. Change has been made. I set it so the user has to specify the amount of end product they want since the relationship between output and factory level is non-linear, and someone might want a factory set to less than 100% output.

Edit: It'd make more sense to let the user enter an amount of end product for each product, and then sum the totals so they can see what the entire operation will entail. I'll try to remember to make this update the next time I feel up to messing with a spreadsheet's inner workings, but I won't make any guarantees about when or if this will happen. If anyone else feels like copying my spreadsheet, making the changes, and uploading that, have at it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:07:03 pm by Leyic »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

Do you have a list of t2 requirements tucked away somewhere too?

I wrote a python script to optimize production given a set of input resources, but converting the requirements to a readable format for it is a pain the butt, and if you have already done that, then things would be a lot simpler.

Code: [Select]
$T2
Basic Polymer;2 Basic Minerals;7 Basic Chemicals;1 Industrial Chemicals
Industrial Polymer;2 Precious Minerals;1 Precious Metals;7 Industrial Chemicals
Exotic Polymer;1 Exotic Metals;2 Industrial Chemicals;7 Exotic Chemicals

Basic Ceramic;5 Basic Minerals;3 Basic Metals;2 Basic Chemicals
Advanced Ceramic;5 Precious Minerals;3 Basic Chemicals;2 Industrial Chemicals
Exotic Ceramics;3 Precious Minerals;3 Exotic Chemicals;4 Exotic Minerals

Basic Electronics;3 Basic Minerals;6 Basic Metals;1 Basic Chemicals
Advanced Electronics;3 Precious Minerals;5 Precious Metals;2 Rare Chemicals
Experimental Electronics;1 Exotic Metals;4 Rare Chemicals;5 Exotic Minerals

Basic Fabric;3 Basic Chemicals;6 Industrial Chemicals;1 Cotton
Rare Fabric;1 Precious Metals;8 Rare Chemicals;1 Cotton
Exotic Fabric;1 Exotic Metals;8 Exotic Chemicals;1 Exotic Minerals

Basic Alloy;3 Basic Minerals;6 Basic Metals;1 Basic Chemicals
Advanced Alloy;1 Precious Minerals;6 Precious Metals;3 Radioactive Metals
Exotic Alloy;1 Radioactive Metals;6 Exotic Metals;3 Exotic Minerals

Basic Materials;6 Basic Woods;1 Basic Minerals;3 Basic Metals
Heavy Materials;3 Basic Woods;5 Basic Minerals;1 Rare Chemicals
Complex Materials;1 Basic Woods;6 Precious Minerals;3 Basic Chemicals

Small Power Cell;1 Basic Metals;6 Radioactive Metals;3 Rare Chemicals
Large Power Cell;6 Radioactive Metals;3 Industrial Chemicals;1 Rare Chemicals
Experimental Power Cell;6 Radioactive Metals;3 Exotic Metals;1 Exotic Chemicals

$T3
#Gadgets
Small Appliances;2 Basic Polymer;3 Basic Electronics;5 Basic Alloy
Lasers;3 Basic Ceramic;5 Basic Electronics;2 Advanced Electronics
Cellphones;5 Basic Polymer;3 Industrial Polymer;2 Advanced Electronics
Sound Systems;5 Basic Ceramic;2 Basic Electronics;3 Advanced Alloy
PDAs;5 Basic Polymer;2 Basic Electronics;3 Advanced Electronics
Personal Computers;2 Industrial Polymer;3 Basic Electronics;5 Advanced Electronics
Viewscreens;3 Industrial Polymer;2 Basic Electronics;5 Advanced Electronics
Large Appliances;2 Advanced Ceramic;3 Advanced Electronics;5 Advanced Alloy
Cyberwear;5 Experimental Electronics;2 Advanced Alloy;3 Exotic Alloy
Personal Droids;3 Experimental Electronics;2 Experimental Power Cell;5 Exotic Alloy

#Clothing
Basic Shoes;4 Basic Polymer;1 Basic Ceramic;5 Basic Fabric
Basic Clothing;2 Basic Metals;1 Basic Ceramic;8 Basic Fabric
Sunglasses;8 Basic Polymer;1 Industrial Polymer;1 Basic Alloy
Accessories;4 Basic Polymer;2 Basic Ceramic;4 Basic Alloy
Work Clothing;4 Industrial Polymer;5 Basic Fabric;1 Basic Alloy
Industrial Clothing;1 Industrial Polymer;5 Basic Fabric;4 Advanced Alloy
Simple Jewelry;4 Precious Metals;4 Basic Polymer;4 Basic Alloy
Fancy Shoes;2 Basic Metals;4 Industrial Polymer;5 Rare Fabric
Fashionable Clothing;1 Exotic Polymer;1 Exotic Ceramics;8 Exotic Fabric
Expensive Jewelry;4 Precious Metals;8 Exotic Metals;4 Exotic Alloy

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Changes mentioned in the earlier edit have been made.

@cerapa: I put up the spreadsheet I started with as "Data-T1&2" which was parsed from the game guide. Download it as .csv and have Python parse it into whatever internal format you're using. Hopefully that'll give you what you need.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

@cerapa: I put up the spreadsheet I started with as "Data-T1&2" which was parsed from the game guide. Download it as .csv and have Python parse it into whatever internal format you're using. Hopefully that'll give you what you need.

Thanks! Saves me a lot of busywork.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Started Viscount Holdings out in Phoenix.  May not be a whole supply chain with Poultry, but I would find it acceptable to be the chicken magnate of the universe (Also might as well do obligatory drug dealing).

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having looked around, a free account is extremely limited. The corp HQ on earth bit definitely limits things quite a lot, and I'm seeing a lot of potential for really fast starts on other cities that haven't been used. Oh well, time to see what I can do about that.

Also, is there a building that builds items?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having HQ stuck on Earth means you'll pay twice as much to run factories in other systems, you'll have to ship ACPs from Earth (or buy from local players), and you'll have a hard time not being continually eradicated if you manage to anger the powers that be on Earth. The only other limitations of a free account are not being able to vote or be elected as a ruler. Annoying, but it doesn't make playing the game that much more difficult (unless you want to be a pirate, but that isn't profitable anyhow).

In game terms, ACPs are items that are built by the HQ. Artifacts are items produced from research labs. There are no other items.

If you mean products, there are several different types of factories (which produce products) built either from the HQ or from ACPs. That's the best answer I can give you right now as I don't know what you're trying to accomplish. With all due respect, if you could be more specific with your question, I could be more specific with my answer.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having HQ stuck on Earth means you'll pay twice as much to run factories in other systems, you'll have to ship ACPs from Earth (or buy from local players), and you'll have a hard time not being continually eradicated if you manage to anger the powers that be on Earth. The only other limitations of a free account are not being able to vote or be elected as a ruler. Annoying, but it doesn't make playing the game that much more difficult (unless you want to be a pirate, but that isn't profitable anyhow).

In game terms, ACPs are items that are built by the HQ. Artifacts are items produced from research labs. There are no other items.

If you mean products, there are several different types of factories (which produce products) built either from the HQ or from ACPs. That's the best answer I can give you right now as I don't know what you're trying to accomplish. With all due respect, if you could be more specific with your question, I could be more specific with my answer.
I meant ACPs, sorry. I'm trying to increase production and utilize non developed cities, but I think, as you mentioned, you can only make structures via ACPs or your HQ, and my HQ can't leave earth. That's the main problem I have at the moment, as I am currently cultivating a couple of high speed scouts for ACP distribution, at least in Sol system.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You understand the situation correctly. That said, keep in mind that the game is designed such that a single player can't realistically support a single city on their own. A number of players have already set out to colonize the stars, but are having population troubles. You might be able to find a paid player in just such a situation that would be willing to sell you some local ACPs if you agree to support his city. Last I heard a few b12ers set out for Luyten but that's not going so well; maybe one of them would be willing to elaborate for you. The people in Rigil also put out a call for others to join them. I haven't heard anything from Wolf. Centauri could also use help, but they're recovering after being on the losing side of a war so there are probably lingering political issues out there; CCI posted here before, but he appears to no longer be active in game. There are also underdeveloped cities in Sol, but it's not that hard to ship ACPs in system, and you need system-scale freight capabilities to be a successful industrialist anyhow.

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'd suggest staying on earth for the time being, as there is plenty of opportunity to become very wealthy on earth before you decide to muscle in the galactic scene.  Sure there's a chance to become space king of Rigil IV, but with demand being lousy in underdeveloped cities, and the fact that people are just popping 10 cities and abandoning them to open new systems, means it's really more trouble than its worth.  At least until you get some space billions. 

Edit: Also, Beorn, I'd suggest you check your production right now, you seem to be selling poultry at a loss from your factories in Mexico city.  I'm actually a little confused why you went wide with several different factories as opposed to upgrading your initial facilities.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:33:41 pm by Not good with names »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trying to expand, see what was worthwhile. Possibly boost Mexico city's development. Eventually I'm gonna actively make a plan, but for now its simply try for the easiest low hanging fruit and expand that way.

Edit: Also, a method of attack just occured to me. If you can afford it, you could actively swamp production nodes with harvesting structures, and flood out competitors. Of course the limiting factor would be ACP production, and at almost 8 hours a pop, thats not too viable, but still.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:29:57 pm by beorn080 »

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, no not really a good idea for two reasons: 1. Richer players can handle the overcrowding costs better than poorer players, and 2. Anyone with military units can just blow up your stuff. Better to not make people upset with you until you can defend yourself at least.

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With upgrades you can also try to leverage a competitior out of a market, at least if you have the logistics to take the hit, but there's definitely the worry that someone can just stomp you if they don't like what you're doing.  I'm trying the pacifist way of doing that by bringing my ranches up to the highest upgrades; hopefully by pushing the resource towards overcrowding it'll deter anyone from trying to stake a claim.  Of course, it looks like I'll have to bring those ranches to level 8 or 9 to do that.  Chicken to the grave in this game for me, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13