Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Zodiac: The Mind of Madness  (Read 13359 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Zodiac: The Mind of Madness
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 12:10:05 am »

Can I hop in the waitlist too? This looks like something I'd hate to miss.
(I'm guessing for theming reasons magical characters are not allowed, and every part of my character should come from mad science which is not magic at all.)

I had a similar inquiry about what the limits where, and whether magical/mutated/weird things were allowed.
This is the response from Greatness942.
Quote from: Greatness942
Not really, no. Magical and weird is fine. What I meant needs to have an example:

When starting out, a good Magical ability would be a Fireball, Mutation would be turning into slime or having three arms, and weird abilities might be psychic or Divine.

As you progress, getting OP Magic like Resurrection, OP Mutation like becoming a walking, immortal nuke-person, and OP "Weird" like making people's heads explode or summoning down an AoE Holy lighting storm with a +45 to attack is okay, since ramping difficulty is a thing. Starting Abilities cannot have this. Some characters, Canon or OC, may have these abilities. If so, nerfing them until a point where they're at their full potential is the way to go, there.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 12:23:53 am »

To add onto this, as stated in Dr. Baker's pre-made sheet, this starts off in a universe I have spent time creating: Earth IV (though you can go to other universes for missions and other reasons). And within Earth IV, there is Magic and Monsters along with technology. In fact, on the Discord channel is a full Earth IV Lore Post channel for misc. info. Was this a shameless plug? Yes, but only so I could say: go for Magic! I encourage it.

Can I hop in the waitlist too? This looks like something I'd hate to miss.
(I'm guessing for theming reasons magical characters are not allowed, and every part of my character should come from mad science which is not magic at all.)
Welcome to the Waitlist!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 09:40:56 am »

Waitlist!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2017, 10:48:24 am »

Plop me on the waitlist. I'll post a sheet sometime later on.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2017, 11:31:39 am »

go for Magic! I encourage it.

Edgardo expy here I come!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:40:45 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2017, 01:59:04 pm »

Plop me on the waitlist. I'll post a sheet sometime later on.
Alrighty, then!
Waitlist!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Welcome to the waitlist! Samuel Lawrence is approved!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2017, 06:07:44 pm »

Sheet updated
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2017, 06:18:10 pm »

go for Magic! I encourage it.

Edgardo expy here I come!

Seems pretty good so far, but how does Hard to Kill work, exactly? Does it always substitute death and dismemberment with unconsciousness and broken bones, or is it on a cooldown or limited charge? Also, what is his text color?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2017, 06:51:58 pm »

Okay, it seems like Hard to Kill may be on a cooldown, with a random chance (if I'm wrong, it would be nice to clarify), and you have a text color.

Damien Ricard is approved!

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2017, 06:53:05 pm »

Seems pretty good so far, but how does Hard to Kill work, exactly? Does it always substitute death and dismemberment with unconsciousness and broken bones, or is it on a cooldown or limited charge? Also, what is his text color?

The idea of Hard to Kill is basically that it substitutes death and dismemberment with unconsciousness and broken bones, but of course another well-placed strike will probably get the job done. It's not immortality, just a guy who requires a bit more effort than usual to kill and/or permanently disfigure. Also, text color is navy with white glow.

Edit: Wow, that popped up while I was typing. I guess random chance with cooldown works, I had pictured something a bit more constant, but if you think that'd be overpowered as a level 1 ability, this is fine.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2017, 07:04:43 pm »

The idea of Hard to Kill is basically that it substitutes death and dismemberment with unconsciousness and broken bones, but of course another well-placed strike will probably get the job done. It's not immortality, just a guy who requires a bit more effort than usual to kill and/or permanently disfigure. Also, text color is navy with white glow.

Edit: Wow, that popped up while I was typing. I guess random chance with cooldown works, I had pictured something a bit more constant, but if you think that'd be overpowered as a level 1 ability, this is fine.
Nah, the way you thought of it is fine, the "needs more effort" definition.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2017, 12:20:00 pm »

Done my sheet.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2017, 02:27:07 pm »

Spoiler: hade ni ikuze (click to show/hide)
So, True Brine is a delayed death tactic, with the pay-off that if she isn't healed, she dies or gets maimed? Sure! Miki is approved!

We'll start later tonight/tomorrow.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2017, 08:13:10 pm »

Mission One: Aftermath
Section One: Awake

As each hero groggily opened their eyes, their vision blurry and unfocused as they awakened, they were blinded by a red light flashing before their eyes. Rising up, they saw that light was a warning light, spinning across the dimly lit, though still bright enough, cargo hold. Boxes upon boxes surrounded by even more brown, wooden boxes made a wall around our heroes, with enough moved out of the way to make a straight path to a large metal door that had clearly seen better days. Rust and scratches were all across the door, and the keypad next to it was smashed apart, with enough of the display visible to show that the door had been unlocked prior to its destruction.

A voice suddenly let out over the intercom. "H-Hello?" the voice wheezed out, coughing under his labored breath as he tried to speak, "I hope my Rift generator worked...I-I need h-help." As he said this, their attention was brought upwards to a shimmering, golden light. A portal, glowing gold and green, vanished quickly, which still left light within the room. "I-It did! I-I can s-see you on the camera! I'm C-Cole Baker. One of my experiments g-got loose, and h-he's rampaging through the facility. C-Come to the Pylon Room and s-see me, I have something important to show..."

Spoiler: Callie Effae (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cromwell Jackson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Amnis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Miki Satou (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Terrance Peel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jacob Daniels (click to show/hide)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2017, 09:07:52 pm »

Terrance takes a few moments to readjust himself to his surroundings, trying to get a perspective on what just happen while keeping his refined presence. He than hears the inter-com, vocalizing commands at him?

Terrance speaks with seems like a heavy french-to-Belgium accent and states, 'Well..Cole Baker. You mind not giving an explanation on why you decided on selecting all of us just to purge some random "experiment" you created. I guess, he can't hear me through the inter-com, so I have to meet him, up close and personal. Also, a short greetings to you other folks, but we should as quickly as possible get to this Pylon Room before our proper introductions."

Head to the general direction of where the "Pylon Room" is, while keeping my self as dapper as possible. Try to look for obvious signs that state "PYLON ROOM THIS WAY", etc.

Spoiler: Terrance Peel (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9