Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: Planetary Arms Race - Amaok, Strategy Phase 2212  (Read 34752 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Arms Race - Amaok, Strategy Phase 2208
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2017, 01:13:38 am »

Both have exotics, so they're as valuable as one another. But that being said, we need to run the blockade on B2 more than we need to do it on C2. They won't be able to bug their unit on C3 this turn, as we cannot do the same on C2.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2017, 01:52:43 am »

My plan probably cannot work anyway. It depends upon what classifies as a defended world. If it is going to fall this turn regardless then maybe it cannot defend itself...

Dark blue is more habitable than brown, setting up colonies there will be easier.

But colonising B2 is esiest, and we are close to that so your current plan is not bad, but I would love to stall C2.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2017, 01:54:04 am »

C2 will stall long enough for us to cripple them. We can then push through our numerical advantage on B2 and claim that as our prize.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2017, 06:09:21 pm »

It would seem that there's still not a consensus on strategy. I'll start on the Combat Phase report once a consensus here is reached.
Also, RAM, I'm not sure I'm getting what you're trying to put across in the votes quote other than the lack of consensus in the lack part.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2017, 06:17:24 pm »

We've only had two votes Chiefwaffles, and there's not a third person in sight at the moment.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2017, 06:20:35 pm »

Also, RAM, I'm not sure I'm getting what you're trying to put across in the votes quote other than the lack of consensus in the lack(last?) part.
I decided to split it up into production, planetary movements, and space movements. This ended up with 3 4-letter words, which makes the headings more recognisable by being consistent. So I was just noting that we disagree on the movements of interplanetary vessels.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2017, 06:28:20 pm »

I honestly didn't have a preference, so I didn't vote.

My only opinion is that we ought to keep our new fighters in groups of three, in case we encounter any more of thier warships. Our whole thing is to overwhelm them and keep them distracted long enough that one of our pilots can line up a shot.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2017, 06:47:35 pm »

Groups of three is a non-issue here since we just need to help our troops in B2 get their weapons through the blockade. Meaning all six fighter units will be deployed there.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2017, 06:55:37 pm »

OK, more important things. We are going for an energy centric build, so we need to lay down some ground work for that. I think a good start to that would be
Design :
Metallic hydrogen superconductors.
Created by placing hydrogen under immense pressure and temperature, metallic hydrogen is metastable, retaining its properties even after it's removal from the conditions of it's creation.
The metallic hydrogen acts as a superconductor at remarkably normal temperatures. Networks of the material allow us to shuttle energy around systems at virtually no loss. The hydrogen would also exhibit several unique reactions to magnetic fields and rotations that are beyond my ability to understand. It's applications in electronics and energy technology are powerful and irreplaceable.

Metallic hydrogen has already been created in miniscule amounts present day*, so it shouldn't be anything too far fetched. If we intend to go an energy route this is something we almost have to do, and the sooner we do it the better. It opens up so many new applications to us.
*it's debated whether it was actualy metallic hydrogen. Point is, we are close.

Something else to consider would be the idea of frequency magnetics (selective magnetism) but this isn't a real thing as far as I know, so we may want to wait till we have some more sci-fi experience before trying something like that.

Groups of three is a non-issue here since we just need to help our troops in B2 get their weapons through the blockade. Meaning all six fighter units will be deployed there.
Odds are they created a response to our rifles this turn, and they are probably cheaper than our stuff. If they end up with real weapons there, we may need more than our rifles to hold out. Sending all our fighters is probably a good idea, we can get some limited air support to back them up.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2017, 06:57:20 pm »

I support Taricus's plan, just to keep the ball rolling
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2017, 07:00:13 pm »

I doubt they'd have gotten anything as good as our rifles. We get some damn good rolls on it.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2017, 07:04:05 pm »

I doubt they'd have gotten anything as good as our rifles. We get some damn good rolls on it.
They also outnumber us 2:1 there, so even if they got a sorta crappy gun they could probably push through us if we didn't have support.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2017, 07:11:06 pm »

2 to 1 on a front we can't reinforce. And we'll outnumber them 4 to 3 for the next turn or two as well.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2017, 07:30:00 pm »

2 to 1 on a front we can't reinforce. And we'll outnumber them 4 to 3 for the next turn or two as well.
eh, fair enough.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2017, 08:18:25 pm »

Note that they could recall their forces from The Threes. I don't see as we are likely to stop them from doing so... Hrmm, actually...
We should definitely send rifles to C2!
I fully support Taricus' plan with that one change!
I am assuming here that they will abandon A3 to save their troops there, thus it will be udefended and our shuttle can go straight through to C2! If we get rifles to them then they may be able to hold out long enough for reinforcements. We have the spare shuttle and rifles, so it costs us nothing!
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31