Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

Author Topic: Planetary Arms Race - Moerth, Strategy Phase 2212  (Read 38027 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Arms Race - Moerth, Strategy Phase 2212
« Reply #480 on: June 25, 2017, 11:36:52 am »

Quote from: Crocodile Swamp
Iliad and IMW orbit A2.
Aeneid orbits C2.

ITC Mist moves pistol unit 5 from A1 to A2.
ITC Fog and Haze move to C2 to move units around islands.
Crane class ships deliver tanks. 2 to A2, 1 to B2, 1 to C2.

Quote from: Votes
1 Croc Swamp: Madman198237

Nirur, I literally just stole your plan, but I couldn't resist the name. So I changed it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 25, 2017, 12:58:09 pm »

I propose a different plan.

Plan : Crush The Enemy

Transports
Interplanetary Transport Craft #1 "MSS Mist": Assistance C2
Interplanetary Transport Craft #2 "MSS Fog": Assistance C2
Interplanetary Transport Craft #3 "MSS Haze": Move unit 5 from A1 to A2
Crane-Class "MSS Crane": Crocodile to A2
Crane-Class "MSS Stork": Crocodile to A2
Crane-Class "MSS Heron": Crocodile to B2
Crane-Class "MSS Ibis": Crocodile to C2

Combat Vessels
Interplanetary Makeshift Warship #1: A2
Iliad-Class "MSS Iliad": A1
Iliad-Class "MSS Aeneid": A2

Unit 1:
Equipped: Kevlar Armor, Advanced Jormungandr Bolter, Printed Pistol Mk 1.1, Crocodile

Unit 2:
Equipped X112 Spacesuit, Advanced Jormungandr Bolter, Printed Pistol Mk 1.1, Radio

Unit 3:
Equipped: X112 Spacesuit, Advanced Jormungandr Bolter, Printed Pistol Mk 1.1, Radio, Crocodile

Unit 4:
Equipped: X112 Spacesuit, Advanced Jormungandr Bolter, Printed Pistol Mk 1.1, Crocodile

Unit 5:
Equipped: X112 Spacesuit, Printed Pistol Mk 1.1, Crocodile

Differences :

- Illiad to A1 to prevent enemy retreat, ensuring their destruction

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 25, 2017, 01:10:07 pm »

They can't get past A2 regardless, not if we have warships there.

It's how the game works. Ships and troops and territory travels up and down the lanes.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 25, 2017, 01:24:15 pm »

They can for evacuation/

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 25, 2017, 01:24:56 pm »

Chiefwaffles?

Can they? I thought the ruling was "No, not for supplies and thus not for evacuation"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 25, 2017, 01:29:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure Ebbor's right.

On the other hand, Chief's said that evacuations are harder to shoot down. With long range AND it being cut off, I imagine that we have a chance anyway.

Crocodile Swamp (2): Madman198237, Nirur Torir

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 25, 2017, 01:36:18 pm »

It might be an evacuation vessel, but it's still flying right past the blockade. Possibly twice.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 25, 2017, 03:09:50 pm »

Joining.

For now, voting for the swamp, too.
Crocodile Swamp (3): Madman198237, Nirur Torir, 3_14159

As an idea for next turn, we could revise a larger-sized bolter, which could then be put both onto the Crocodile and the Illiad as a PD turret.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 25, 2017, 03:14:00 pm »

Croc Swamp (3): Madman198237, Nirur Torir, 3_14159

It is the CROC SWAMP. Informal, punny, and awesome. NOT the "Crocodile swamp".

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 25, 2017, 03:18:45 pm »

Evacuations are exempt of lane restrictions - both sides can attempt to evacuate Units from any planet at any time, regardless of their control in that planet's lane.
But it is possible to blockade specific planets from planetside and/or space in order to prevent their evacuation ships from successfully extracting their Units on that particular planet. This is harder to do than preventing insertion of new Units/equipment but still very possible.

Evacuating troops can be brought to any accessible planet, and of course the destination site for any kind of Unit/equipment movement must be accessible by the side making that move.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 25, 2017, 03:25:13 pm »

Evacuations are exempt of lane restrictions - both sides can attempt to evacuate Units from any planet at any time, regardless of their control in that planet's lane.
But it is possible to blockade specific planets from planetside and/or space in order to prevent their evacuation ships from successfully extracting their Units on that particular planet. This is harder to do than preventing insertion of new Units/equipment but still very possible.

Evacuating troops can be brought to any accessible planet, and of course the destination site for any kind of Unit/equipment movement must be accessible by the side making that move.

Does this mean that evacuating their troops to another combat theater would cause them to be counted as passing A2's blockade?

And can they send a combat vessel on the evacuation and have it get the same treatment  (i.e., can bypass blockades)?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 25, 2017, 03:30:49 pm »

As an idea for next turn, we could revise a larger-sized bolter, which could then be put both onto the Crocodile and the Illiad as a PD turret.
I'm leaning towards wanting to design an Iliad overhaul, with PD aim-assist turrets, weapon pod splitting, and engine fix. I'd also like to upgrade the printer precision, so we can finally get the original printer plan (Useful for designing better armor, more production slots, and better production tech in general), or ASM-caliber rocket artillery, able to shoot at ships or use napalm warheads. (If we can get a variant that burns with no atmosphere. Maybe just scattershot..)

I don't much want to put a heavy bolter turret on the Croc, preferring to save a slower, larger caliber (and anti-fighter) version for a heavier tank.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 25, 2017, 03:39:26 pm »

I think a design capable of self-assembly and extreme precision, with wide variety of materials that can actually be printed, would be worth a design. It depends on what happens, but an artillery revision might also be in order.

Actually, scrap that. A revision for really small, short-ranged radar connected to Bolter-turret fire control for antimissile work. We won't lose ships until they get more vessels out there.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 25, 2017, 03:53:26 pm »

We don't really have any tracking experience. I don't think a revise action will be enough against their agility-focused missiles.

I just realized that we should be able to revise our suits to be both less hindering and armored if we design a precision printer.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 25, 2017, 03:54:57 pm »

Their missiles might be agile.

But they don't actively fly evasive courses. So our captains just fly at the missiles they know they can't dodge anyway, and the Bolter shoots down the straight-line-travelling missiles.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34