Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468222 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3270 on: February 16, 2019, 01:26:18 pm »

COunterattack? Time to use subterfuge. Disguise our tank as a harmless Nazi tank. Make liberal use of my gently used Nazi Uniform in this task.

"Hey~~~~ Simon! Welcome home. I blew up a building. Did you see? You probably saw. I almost ran over a Satanist. Can you believe it? A Satanist? Here? In Nazi occupied territory? I think he's still being dragged along by the train. Seems like he never made up his mind whether to get on or off. Well, that's a Satanist for you, I suppose."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
[4] Edward leaves the driving to simon for a moment and climbs out onto the still moving tank. Using some spraypaint that I'm sure someone still has and probably could have thrown to him, he sprays on a reasonable approximation of an Iron Cross on both sides and the front. It won't fool from close but at a distance it should look alright.

"It's probably still mostly full!" Bob shrugs unconcerned.

Bob will try to get up to a point where he can look out for attacks, specifically from the air.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bob climbs up on top of one of the train cars and sits down, scanning for any sort of attacks.

Try and attach my trench knife as a bayonet.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
Sadly the trench knife doesn't have the sort of handle deal needed to mount it as a bayonet. At least not without modification.

((I'm fine with just powering towards mission completion, really.  Additional raids won't add much, and could jeopardize our primary mission.  Simon's always up for additional murder, though!))

"Haha, nice, Ed!  I knew Isabella would be safe in your hands!  I've been busy too, shot up a good bunch of the Nazi bastards in that base, though the damn train kinda stole my thunder.  I could've taken 'em myself, they shouldn't have wasted the ammo!  Ah well."

Take over the commander position in the tank, and peek out the open hatch, watching for enemies.  If there's any Nazi infantry still in range, snipe them!

The train yard seems to have been left in enough chaos as to be unable to send forces out after you. They may be able to radio in about the events but...hard to say. Just have to keep an eye out. For now, nothing.

Wait for more Nazis, then respond appropriately.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Wait for an attack.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
Waiting.

Is driving a train towards glorious freedom filled with GLORY?

I don't know, but that's what we're doing! ALL ABOARD!

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Radio manages to, through clever use of a switching station and the help of a few of his less occupied teammates. get the train turned around so that its pulling instead of pushing. Thus arranged, he continues to drive forward.

A hour or two passes. There are some planes that pass overhead and the train goes past a few towns, but no one stops them or seems to guess that things aren't normal. Eventually the train pulls into some more forested territory and the trees quickly obscure absolutely everything around them save for the sky. The track leads onward, mostly straight with a few gentle bends around hills or large rock formations. And then something odd happens. The sky starts to get dark, far too early for night, and the clouds seem to roll in with alarming speed and thickness. Rain starts to fall and lightning crackles through the clouds overhead. With one flash of lightning something becomes visible in the distance; the great shadowy outline of a tower. Its impossibly tall considering the distance and shaped almost exactly like the Rook piece from a chess set.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: February 16, 2019, 02:00:36 pm »

I put on my knit wizard hat.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: February 16, 2019, 06:13:10 pm »

"Again with the storm clouds and weird lightning bullshit?  This is so obviously dangerous, it's stupid.  If you want to set a trap, you should disguise it with sunshine and rainbows, nobody expects psychotic madmen to come charging at them out of a giant pink unicorn!  But nooo, the Nazis always gotta announce how obviously evil they are... Idiots."

Simon will inspect the tower with his binoculars.  If he spots anything which seems eminently shootable, he'll do so, otherwise he'll button up the tank and take over driving for Ed.

"Eh.  Whatever.  Ed?  I think it'd be prudent to shoot the tower.  Try not to hit the ground this time, yeah?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: February 16, 2019, 07:25:06 pm »

"Ahhh shit! And here I was just getting in some nice sunbathing."

Bob climbs down from the roof into one of the engine cars, and tells Radioman about the huge tower and the weather.

"We got lightning and rain, I dunno if I'm being superstitious, but it could be the same lightning that keeps attacking us! Also there's a chess piece ahead, maybe on the tracks or something."

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: February 17, 2019, 01:51:53 am »

Retroactive action: Ensure the civilians are alright--try and establish some order by getting interpreters in case of warnings or danger so that people won't be caught unawares when we're ordering them to do stuff or do take cover.

In the meantime, ensure that everyone is alright, and tend to the most wounded of the civilians. Ask the rest to re-position themselves in the safer and more enclosed train sections rather than the pretty open civilian ones. (Depending on everyone else's combined common sense, make this happen or not)

Tala stepped up to Radiobuddy and asked him a very pointed question.

"Are you feeling static once more? Are our radios being cut off? Because this feels like another case of us being used as a test subject again, and meeting those grunts on the ship. The ones that Ed blew up with traps? I feel like they'll be aiming at the civilians here. And we are a VERY predictable target given our rails.

"Try and contact Alice please? I'll scope out ahead."

Any turret nearest to the driver-Radioman to man? Do so. Otherwise, try and binoculars or sniperscope the surroundings.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: February 17, 2019, 02:27:23 am »

Fuck- Godamn! Not this again!
Get my head down. Try not to be conductive.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: February 17, 2019, 02:31:46 am »

Think insulative thoughts~

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: February 17, 2019, 08:08:25 am »

Move one space forward and one diagonal, then fire the tank's main cannon at the sky castle. Try not to hit any non-Nazi villages or woodland critters in the process.

"King me! Ahahahahah!"

Hotfire90

« Reply #3278 on: February 17, 2019, 09:00:26 am »

Get away from the machine gun.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: February 17, 2019, 11:12:05 am »

"Are you feeling static once more? Are our radios being cut off? Because this feels like another case of us being used as a test subject again, and meeting those grunts on the ship. The ones that Ed blew up with traps? I feel like they'll be aiming at the civilians here. And we are a VERY predictable target given our rails.

Any turret nearest to the driver-Radioman to man? Do so. Otherwise, try and binoculars or sniperscope the surroundings.

"Yes ma'm, I'll get right on that."

Stop the train for now, don't wanna run our passengers into danger. See if the static etc. is back again. And can I contact Alice dearest?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3280 on: February 20, 2019, 06:18:49 pm »

Post soon.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: February 20, 2019, 07:59:02 pm »

Keep and eye on the surroundings, arrange the civvies into a makeshift relay message chain should my radio cut out.

Denver narrows his eyes in concern.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3282 on: February 20, 2019, 11:16:18 pm »

I put on my knit wizard hat.

You pull out your particularly pointy knitted cap and pull it down over your ears.

"Again with the storm clouds and weird lightning bullshit?  This is so obviously dangerous, it's stupid.  If you want to set a trap, you should disguise it with sunshine and rainbows, nobody expects psychotic madmen to come charging at them out of a giant pink unicorn!  But nooo, the Nazis always gotta announce how obviously evil they are... Idiots."

Simon will inspect the tower with his binoculars.  If he spots anything which seems eminently shootable, he'll do so, otherwise he'll button up the tank and take over driving for Ed.

"Eh.  Whatever.  Ed?  I think it'd be prudent to shoot the tower.  Try not to hit the ground this time, yeah?"

The tower is an impossibly big thing, judging by its relation to the clouds and the world around it. Taller than any mountain Simon has ever seen, just a huge black pillar stretching from the ground to the vaults of heaven.  However, beyond its thick and crenulated outline and general structure you can tell little of it. It is a massive looming shadow occasionally vaguely lit by lightning but never really clear.  You cannot see if there is anything to shoot, you cannot even tell how far or near it is.  You give up on it  for the moment and get back into the tank with Ed, sealing the hatch as you do so.

"Ahhh shit! And here I was just getting in some nice sunbathing."

Bob climbs down from the roof into one of the engine cars, and tells Radioman about the huge tower and the weather.

"We got lightning and rain, I dunno if I'm being superstitious, but it could be the same lightning that keeps attacking us! Also there's a chess piece ahead, maybe on the tracks or something."

You clamber down and into the armored train sections, running to the front car and shouting at Radio about the weather and the Tower.

"Yes bob, thank you. But as you can clearly see we got the train right ways round a while back. Perhaps you should read the whole turn next time."

"Do what?"

"What?"

Bob and Radio both look at the camera for a minute in a comedic fashion before going back to what they were doing.

Retroactive action: Ensure the civilians are alright--try and establish some order by getting interpreters in case of warnings or danger so that people won't be caught unawares when we're ordering them to do stuff or do take cover.

In the meantime, ensure that everyone is alright, and tend to the most wounded of the civilians. Ask the rest to re-position themselves in the safer and more enclosed train sections rather than the pretty open civilian ones. (Depending on everyone else's combined common sense, make this happen or not)

The civilians seem somewhat optimistic, though still scared.  You do your best to treat the injured, though as previously mentioned there's no real injuries beyond minor ones, and cannot really move people to other train cars without stopping the train.

Then you head to the turret nearest radio and get in.

Fuck- Godamn! Not this again!
Get my head down. Try not to be conductive.
You get into the armored section of the train and try to think non-conductive thoughts.

Move one space forward and one diagonal, then fire the tank's main cannon at the sky castle. Try not to hit any non-Nazi villages or woodland critters in the process.

"King me! Ahahahahah!"

[2]
The shot arcs off, a fiery comet through gray skies, but if it hits you cannot tell. It just vanishes into the darkness.

Get away from the machine gun.
You carefully back up away from everything and try not to look very grounded. Electrically speaking.

"Yes ma'm, I'll get right on that."

Stop the train for now, don't wanna run our passengers into danger. See if the static etc. is back again. And can I contact Alice dearest?

[1]
Radio pulls on the throttle, trying to slow the train to a stop. As he pulls something in the machinery gives way and the throttle drops limply. Radio tilts his head -or what passes for it -to the side and jerks the throttle up and down a few times, to no avail. 

"That is unfortunate."

Keep and eye on the surroundings, arrange the civvies into a makeshift relay message chain should my radio cut out.

Denver narrows his eyes in concern.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Denver crawls down between two train cars, somewhat sheltered but still with a good view of the sky and the area around the train.

The world around the train becomes ever harder to see. Somehow the plains and hills have given way to snowy stone and pine forest, the horizon completely vanishing and the great tower looming ever higher.  Rain begins to fall in sheets and lighting crackles out across the sky.  In the lightning torn clouds something can be seen, long and sinuous, winding around like a tapeworm.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: February 21, 2019, 02:46:25 am »

Said over the radio: "Umm.  So, I gave that giant rook a good look, and I saw, well, nothing.  It kinda just looks like God grabbed a bigass sword and just cut a long strip out of reality.  Also, Ed shot it with the tank cannon, and it didn't even flinch, so it's either tough as balls, or a portal to Hell.  Or an illusion, I guess?"

"...But don't worry guys!  Thry were just shipping all these civvies off to murder them, right?  Well, if they could just summon a giant deathpillar of doom that kills everything, they would have just summoned it to kill the civvies already!  So, since they didn't, it won't kill us.  Just, keep watch in case Satan climbs out or something."

...Keep driving alongside the train, I guess, unless Ed wants to take over again.  If so, be happy that we can so easily swap seats in a cramped tank, and keep watch for Satan climbing out of the possible portal to Hell.  If Satan is seen, shoot him with the main gun.  Failing Satan, shoot the sky snake thing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: February 21, 2019, 02:55:38 am »

Said over the radio: "Umm.  So, I gave that giant rook a good look, and I saw, well, nothing.  It kinda just looks like God grabbed a bigass sword and just cut a long strip out of reality.  Also, Ed shot it with the tank cannon, and it didn't even flinch, so it's either tough as balls, or a portal to Hell.  Or an illusion, I guess?"

"...But don't worry guys!  Thry were just shipping all these civvies off to murder them, right?  Well, if they could just summon a giant deathpillar of doom that kills everything, they would have just summoned it to kill the civvies already!  So, since they didn't, it won't kill us.  Just, keep watch in case Satan climbs out or something."
Tala used Radioman's radio to communicate.

"Problem is, is that the destination or not? Because we're experiencing quite the mirage! It doesn't feel cold though so there's that! I'll station myself amongst the civilians and dress appropriately too. I forgot I stuffed that one journalist package in my bag; it seems to fit the setting. They'd also be unloading their folks and we're pretty much in front. I'll go guard the rear. Can someone fire a single round into the snow to check if it's real? Never seen snow in my life. Accidental discharge is a good reason. Where's our tank?!"

Get to a suitable location I can easily move to a turret for, and somewhere that can easily reach the civilian train cars' point of entry. Get looking like a stuffy civilian because I'm blending in at a distance from them.

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 228