Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468395 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3255 on: February 03, 2019, 03:36:47 pm »

If there’s a machine gun turret that’s unoccupied, climb in and start shooting nazis.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: February 03, 2019, 03:37:18 pm »

I'm going to assume Simon fired seven shots.

Switch to the backup Springfield, and take out that machine gunner--assuming they weren't already killed by the train gunners--then get up and run away.  If regrouping with the tank woul be possible without running into the open, do that, but if it's more in the open, run back into the woods and start looping around to attack the base from another direction.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: February 03, 2019, 05:11:58 pm »

Keep firing. Also Bob will look for any way to check on the ammunition for the turrets, to see if he should conserve ammo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: February 03, 2019, 07:25:33 pm »

Fire the cannon. I'm just about guaranteed to hit something Nazi.

"This is a good spot."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: February 03, 2019, 09:10:11 pm »

Eat my ration, charge the Germans and shank them in the shins.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: February 04, 2019, 06:12:51 am »

Continue firing.
Continue firing! Bursts into the buildings!

If I can find a comm, "Check the buildings! We're steaming ahead!"
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3261 on: February 12, 2019, 12:10:05 am »

Sorry about the lack of posts recently. 888th slipped my mind between everything else.

Hit me up with some appropriate train music skeleboy.

Also keep the train going and all that.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Radio turns his dials (heyo) until he finds a station playing music that shouldn't exist and proceeds to blast it out the window while repeatedly blaring the train horn and making obscene gestures. This somewhat undercut by the fact that the "Window" is an armored porthole and hard to see into but he does it just the same. A moral victory.

Continue firing.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
[4]
Gwen swings the machine gun back and forth in wide slashes, slicing up buildings and sending shattered pieces of wood and kraut scattering across the trainyard.

If there’s a machine gun turret that’s unoccupied, climb in and start shooting nazis.
[6]
Carolina runs to and climbs into an unoccupied turret, spinning it around to aim at the nazis. She unleashes withering bursts of fire on the guard towers, cutting them down and tearing their boxes to pieces.

I'm going to assume Simon fired seven shots.

Switch to the backup Springfield, and take out that machine gunner--assuming they weren't already killed by the train gunners--then get up and run away.  If regrouping with the tank woul be possible without running into the open, do that, but if it's more in the open, run back into the woods and start looping around to attack the base from another direction.

Good assumption.

The machine gun is lost in a spray of dust and splinters from all the allied fire, so you roll up out of the grass and sprint back over to the tank, which slows down long enough for you to jump on and crawl inside.

Keep firing. Also Bob will look for any way to check on the ammunition for the turrets, to see if he should conserve ammo.

[2]
Bob sprays a few bursts towards the trainyard but he's not certain he hit anyone. With a shrug he instead shifts his gaze down to the ammo drum for the machine gun. Its a big circular thing that he's practically straddling. Impossible to tell how much of it is left without opening up the drum.

Fire the cannon. I'm just about guaranteed to hit something Nazi.

"This is a good spot."

[3]
You twist the cannon round as Simon climbs into the tank. The shot goes right into one of the big tin buildings and it crumples like a house of cards, half from the blast and half from the shockwave.

Eat my ration, charge the Germans and shank them in the shins.

Simon grabs Franek by the collar as he runs for the tank, dragging Franek into the tank with him before the guy gets left behind.

Continue firing.
Continue firing! Bursts into the buildings!

If I can find a comm, "Check the buildings! We're steaming ahead!"
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
[3]
Hard to tell if the bursts of fire have any real effect thanks to the copious dust and debris of the multiple explosions and machine gun fire tearing through the trainyard.  Maybe, maybe not. Either way things seem to be pretty well taken care of, destruction wise.

The train clears the station and continues on.   At this point it starts moving out into open country. Is there anything you guys want to do to get ready for any sort of raids or counterattacks in open?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: February 12, 2019, 08:25:12 am »

COunterattack? Time to use subterfuge. Disguise our tank as a harmless Nazi tank. Make liberal use of my gently used Nazi Uniform in this task.

"Hey~~~~ Simon! Welcome home. I blew up a building. Did you see? You probably saw. I almost ran over a Satanist. Can you believe it? A Satanist? Here? In Nazi occupied territory? I think he's still being dragged along by the train. Seems like he never made up his mind whether to get on or off. Well, that's a Satanist for you, I suppose."

[/quote]

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: February 12, 2019, 09:01:12 am »

"It's probably still mostly full!" Bob shrugs unconcerned.

Bob will try to get up to a point where he can look out for attacks, specifically from the air.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: February 12, 2019, 10:19:55 am »

Try and attach my trench knife as a bayonet.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: February 12, 2019, 11:38:07 am »

((I'm fine with just powering towards mission completion, really.  Additional raids won't add much, and could jeopardize our primary mission.  Simon's always up for additional murder, though!))

"Haha, nice, Ed!  I knew Isabella would be safe in your hands!  I've been busy too, shot up a good bunch of the Nazi bastards in that base, though the damn train kinda stole my thunder.  I could've taken 'em myself, they shouldn't have wasted the ammo!  Ah well."

Take over the commander position in the tank, and peek out the open hatch, watching for enemies.  If there's any Nazi infantry still in range, snipe them!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: February 12, 2019, 04:15:43 pm »

Wait for more Nazis, then respond appropriately.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: February 13, 2019, 08:40:01 am »

"Yah. If the train had waited, or slowed down a bit, we could have possibly used the train-yard to get the engines on the right end of it. I bet those civvies in the very back car are mighty nervous looking out ahead right now. they should probably cram a bunch of them up in the engines, anyway."

Hotfire90

« Reply #3268 on: February 13, 2019, 12:36:44 pm »

Wait for an attack.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: February 13, 2019, 03:51:30 pm »

Is driving a train towards glorious freedom filled with GLORY?

I don't know, but that's what we're doing! ALL ABOARD!

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 228