Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469363 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3090 on: December 02, 2018, 08:08:42 pm »

that would be 'Halt! Wir haben die Spuren vor uns bombardiert!' if you were wondering, Syvarris.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3091 on: December 02, 2018, 09:01:11 pm »

"So, that train we were hoping to keep from moving is now moving. Now we gotta figure how to get it to stop again. Good luck with that, fellas."

Since I broke Spare Part Tank #1, use Spare Parts tank #2 and get to repairing our tank.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)
[6]
You carry the parts back from the Panzer whatever and stick it in your panzer whatever. Its not 100% but it will work.

Search around for Nazi guns.  Specifically, Simon wants a submachine gun, a shotgun, and all the explosives he can find.  Plus, whatever ammo is around.

A lot of stuff is damaged. There's no nice explosive charges, but you find three grenades, a submachine gun with a full magazine, but no shotguns.

"Oh, looks like things are goin pretty good."

Try to find a vehicle to use. Gonna need something to jump off of onto the train or something. Before doing that, advance and try to find some stuff from the Nazis. Specifically take the type of stuff that Simon seems to want.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mean...if you just want to jump off it there are some dead german tanks...and a living one that Ed is currently giving a thrashing with a wrench.

Construct makeshift barricade on the railtracks. Set it on fire.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
We got corpses, sandbags, dead tanks, trees and teammates. What are you making it out of? Keep in mind you want to hijack the train, not destroy it.

"Can't we just blow up the tracks?"

Go back to Jimmy, apply first aid to his wounds once more and then carry him back to the barricade.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
now actually heal myself.
Spoiler: how many ones is this? (click to show/hide)
[5] This time you untie him and provide +2 life in first aid. He still seems rather angry with you.

"I like this tank idea. Perhaps have someone who knows German dress up in one of the uniforms and sit in the hatch to make it look like we're the survivors of some terrible assault, which our injured people will help us simulate, and we need assistance. Everyone else can hide, and then we ambush any soldiers who come out of the train. Why's everyone look at me like that?"

The implication here is that I'm the one who came up with the idea, and I also know German, I'll be the bait. We can't just put up a flaming barricade or blow the tracks, that'll probably cause collateral damage, or at least make them more cautious of a trap, and we need to get the contents of the train back out of enemy territory as well.
Additionally, whilst I'm talking, start looting bodies. Try and grab 3 mags at least of ammo for all my German weapons. If I find something cool, like a scoped weapon or silenced PPK or something, grab that.

You search around and get two STG magazines. There's not a lot here that wasn't chewed up by the guns or the tanks so you take what you can find. You pull a luger out of a holster but its so covered in blood that you think its gonna need a good washing before it will work reliably.

Hide in cover and conceal myself close to the teacks, ahead of where we are considering a roadblock.

"Now we wait."

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You continue down the tracks a bit and hide behind a tree.

3 turns till the train shows up.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: December 02, 2018, 10:33:26 pm »

Pile sandbags up to waist level on the train tracks and set them on fire.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: December 03, 2018, 06:25:31 am »

"Alright, whatever we're doing with the tank, she's ready. Simon, if you want to jump from tank to train, we should get a running start, so I'll need to drive down the line as far as possible, then turn arond and mathc speeds wit the train when it approaches. anyone who want's to is gonna need to get on board now."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: December 03, 2018, 07:29:41 am »

Skipped me ya wally.

You didn't actually tell me how good the dropkicks were.  >:(
How sick were the kicks piece, HOW SICK WERE THE KICKS?!

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: December 03, 2018, 09:26:08 am »

"Hey Robert!  Not having luck with finding anything?  I'll trade ya four Nazi grenades for that radio you're lugging around.  Have you even used the thing?"

I'm going to assume Simon got an MP 40, because that was a really common Nazi SMG.

As an actual action, go board Isabella, and stand proud atop her while Ed gets her prepped for boarding the train.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: December 03, 2018, 11:18:23 am »

Once everyone is aboard who is getting aboard, drive the tank down alongside the tracks as far as reasonable so that we can turn around and drive beside the train when it approaches.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: December 03, 2018, 11:55:04 am »

"Alright, guess we're going in guns blazing instead of tryna be real sneaky beaky like."

walk towards the tank, after slinging the M1 and readying my STG once again. Absentmindedly try and clean the Luger before check that the safety is on and strapping on the holster (which I assume I looted, along with the gun) and holstering it. Prep a satchel charge, Just In CaseTM, and button down the hatch of the tank behind me once everyone's in.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: December 03, 2018, 02:00:31 pm »

Don't button down the tank, you dingus. people are gonna be trying to get out again in a minute.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: December 03, 2018, 03:43:13 pm »

edit: don't lock the hatch

Hotfire90

« Reply #3100 on: December 03, 2018, 06:03:14 pm »

Give Jimmy his Springfield back and then go board the tank.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: December 05, 2018, 09:14:30 am »

Hop on the tank.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: December 05, 2018, 10:58:46 pm »

Join the army. Request to be sent straight to the front where there are souls to be reaped.

Try to requisition a loudhailer or something that can be used for mass preaching.

Name: Ninsianna Neith Nuanet
Job: Chaplain of the Church of Satan
Description: A pale girl with straw blond hair and distant blue eyes.  She was abused by her family until she was taken in by acolytes of the dark gods. There she was trained as a high priestess and sacred prostitute. The clarion call of the battlefield compelled her to seek out other lost souls to add to her flock.

Knowledge: +3
Senses: +2

Interrogation: +3
Language: +2
Operator: +2
Pistol: +1
Submachine Gun: +1
Car: +1

Chaplin Equipment:
Necronomicon (Used to restore reduce 0 to 3 mental damage. Every 0 roll deals 1 mental damage to user)
Unholy Symbol (-1 Mental)
M1910 pistol (9 shot, risk 2)
2 pistol magazines
Knife (2 risk)

Universal Equipment:
1 First Aid Pouch (Allows First Aid. Single use)
1 Entrenching Tool (A folding shovel)
1 Ration (Restores up to -2 on physical dice)
1 Clicker
1 L type Flashlight
1 Sewing kit
1 Mirror
1 razor set
1 Bar of soap
1 Toothpaste and toothbrush set
1 compressed TP roll
1 Pack of Chesterfield Cigarettes
1 Lighter
1 Mess kit
1 Knit cap
1 Notepad and Pen
1 Haversack
1 Gunbelt with Magazine pouches
1 Canteen and Cup
1 Compass
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: December 07, 2018, 10:56:15 am »

"I'll have you know I definitely have! What do you want it for?"
Board the tank since that seems the thing to do, and don't give Simon the radio quite yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: December 07, 2018, 12:30:39 pm »

"Oh, you know, people are always bitching about how I don't take a radio along when I go scouting.  I'd think it's a minor concern, considering I can usually just steal a Nazi tank instead, but in thinking about it, what if I infiltrate an area and they don't have any tanks to steal?  I'd need a portable radio to report back, unless I just walk home, and that's annoying.  Oh, and I figure you'd probably make better use of grenades than me.  Usually I'm either too far to throw 'em, or I'm too close for them to be safe."
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 228