Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469433 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3075 on: November 29, 2018, 01:34:09 pm »

<The train's headed your way. I would trust y'all to know what to do in this situation but honestly most of you don't seem so bright. Find a way to stop the train at your position right now. No dilly-dallying. If you mess this up I will be somewhat peeved and crash this plane into the rails.>

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: November 29, 2018, 01:57:05 pm »

Construct makeshift barricade on the railtracks. Set it on fire.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3077 on: November 29, 2018, 03:04:27 pm »

"Can't we just blow up the tracks?"

Go back to Jimmy, apply first aid to his wounds once more and then carry him back to the barricade.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: November 29, 2018, 07:44:27 pm »

"I like this tank idea. Perhaps have someone who knows German dress up in one of the uniforms and sit in the hatch to make it look like we're the survivors of some terrible assault, which our injured people will help us simulate, and we need assistance. Everyone else can hide, and then we ambush any soldiers who come out of the train. Why's everyone look at me like that?"

The implication here is that I'm the one who came up with the idea, and I also know German, I'll be the bait. We can't just put up a flaming barricade or blow the tracks, that'll probably cause collateral damage, or at least make them more cautious of a trap, and we need to get the contents of the train back out of enemy territory as well.
Additionally, whilst I'm talking, start looting bodies. Try and grab 3 mags at least of ammo for all my German weapons. If I find something cool, like a scoped weapon or silenced PPK or something, grab that.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: November 29, 2018, 07:46:38 pm »

We can still use the barricade. Just try and make it look like a distress signal etc. Remember, we want to CAPTURE this train and bring the prisoners on it to Allied territory, with as few acceptable casualties as possible. And it should be fairly lightly guarded, easy to take if we surprise them.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: November 29, 2018, 07:49:50 pm »

now actually heal myself.
Spoiler: how many ones is this? (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: November 30, 2018, 12:50:22 am »

The barricade would most likely not damage the train overly unless they go bonkers and ram it at full speed, and that would probably at most damage the engine itself. It's not like the barricade is a huge pile of bricks, it's going to be essentially all sorts of brickerbrack lit on fire to signal the train to stop before slamming into it!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: November 30, 2018, 05:06:35 am »

"Guys, we really don't need to stop the train.  We can get up onto the hull of Isabella, have her drive alongside, and then leap onto the train from atop her turret.  Simple, and that carries no risk of the tank derailing and killing hundreds of people."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: November 30, 2018, 12:59:17 pm »

See if I can grab a Panzerfaust. Not that I know much about tanks, but do either of the Nazi tanks look like they are intact enough to move? If not, are there any other vehicles nearby?
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: December 01, 2018, 11:40:55 am »

"Let's see...", Tala thought out loud, "No opposition at the moment, no sign of radio interference or incoming reinforcements of enemy lines, and from scoping the area, no direct sign of incoming reinforcements or possible artillery fire on our position--not that I'd expect that knowing that they've chosen to *heavily guard* the train itself, meaning that they're not averse to using human shields or there are significant compartments which are dedicated solely to defending other cabins."

Tala looked at the other folks to see if they have it handled and decided that--yeah, people have this in the bag.

Get to any/all of the most wounded--apply medic bags to healing their ouches. Prioritize prisoners of war in this barricade unless FOR SOME REASON the people I had initiative to go with--the very same people I arrived with at this barricade, SOMEHOW took extra actions to kill everyone FOR SOME REASON.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Oh also think about the train structure--doesn't the conductor have significant control over the place? (What type of train basically, if it has a deadman's switch, and is the control room open or at least visible from the outside) Is it possible to guard whoever is controlling the train by sniper overwatch while we signal or communicate the order to stop?

"If the train is moving quick enough without anything to stop it, nobody will interfere with the tracks as we need that to convey our rescuees to safety. We can not stop it other than signalling the conductor. Unless everyone wants to offload people in whatever vehicles we can acquisition for use, we will have troubles.

"Any thoughts on how to work with a moving train, that does not involve destroying the tracks or itself, people?"
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 11:46:20 am by Tiruin »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: December 01, 2018, 11:58:31 am »

You didn't actually tell me how good the dropkicks were.  >:(
How sick were the kicks piece, HOW SICK WERE THE KICKS?!

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #3086 on: December 01, 2018, 07:37:31 pm »

I don't see anything that needs to be burnt, so just stick to the rest of the team for now.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: December 01, 2018, 09:05:14 pm »

"As far as I can tell, if we can signal the train early enough, and, again, have some people disguise themselves as enemy soldiers, we should be able to get the train to stop. It's not like it's going to be armoured or anything, and while I'm sure (based off of the warm reception we received here) that there'll be more than the normal amount of troops on this train, it shouldn't be anything too ridiculous, like robotic dogs that can only be killed in melee combat and have maces for tails, or dudes with lightning grenades or ricocheting shotgun bullets, or grenade launchers that shoot rockets, or..." *definitely not just mentioning Nazi gear from Wolfenstein: The New Order or anything*
"Of course, you make a good point about these guys being, after all, Nazis, and therefore perfectly willing to use human shields. Hopefully we can kill them before that becomes an issue. As for keeping an eye on the engineer that's running the damn thing, regardless of whether it's an armoured train or not, it's going to be hard to keep overwatch on the engine compartment at the front, since there'll be the entirety of the actual engine itself in between us and the compartment. I would suggest, if someone is going on overwatch, trying to get up in a tree or something, and be behind where the actual train itself is going to stop."

Since this is a concentration camp transport, historically, the prisoners will be in cattle cars (box cars, for all intents and purposes) packed elbow to elbow, and the guard force will be a bunch of SS with Schmeissers and Kar98s. The train pulling the cars will be a steam engine. Nothing special. The hard part is stopping it, and preventing collateral damage acceptable casualties.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: December 02, 2018, 08:53:55 am »

"Oh come on, guys, this isn't that hard!  If you need to stop the train, blow a hole in the track, and they'll stop 'cause they don't want to die.  Or, hell, someone write up a quick sign saying 'we bombed the track ahead' in German, they won't know the difference!  After it stops, we can board and go in reverse, we're taking it in the other direction anyway.  Failing both of those, seriously, how hard would it be to jump onto a moving train from atop a moving tank?  I could do it, so can you!  Once we're on, we stab and shoot Nazis until it stops, and then we go back.  This isn't difficult!"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: December 02, 2018, 03:58:44 pm »

Hide in cover and conceal myself close to the teacks, ahead of where we are considering a roadblock.

"Now we wait."

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 228