Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469498 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #3030 on: November 16, 2018, 04:03:18 pm »

Move to the other side of the tree and check the wound. Can I still move my leg?

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3031 on: November 16, 2018, 10:17:55 pm »

Curse at the tank's incompetent crew, then continue to head towards the Nazi position.  How much farther is it?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: November 17, 2018, 02:58:29 pm »

Hit the ground and crawl from cover to cover
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: November 18, 2018, 09:34:45 am »

I guess I'm next to Simon and Carolina. If I can medic bag anyone nearby, please spend my whole turn these turns doing that.
Otherwise, if they're too far away, I focus on shooty peoples with Simon.

If Simon doesn't post, use his silenced sniper rifle while he spots enemies (or he does that while I shoot alongside him. Whatever the case, we shoot)

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: November 18, 2018, 02:03:28 pm »

Oh no! Wait for first aid. Give myself first aid too, if I can.
”Owww...”
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: November 19, 2018, 07:52:32 am »

"FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"
stop with the fucking MG. Get out of the fucking tanking, swearing at myself in a virulent mix of German, French, Arabic, and a few choice curses in Russian, and start patching people up.

[[Standing Order: If I don't have my fucking sheet *and yes I am swearing at myself in Arabic, German, and English IRL*, I WOULD RATHER NOT DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN SPEAK THAN HOPE I'M LUCKY. I keep fucking posting and not having access to drive for one reason or another. I withdraw my own WMD privileges, before anyone else can.]]

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: November 19, 2018, 08:02:23 am »

You don't need any sort of cloud thing to get your sheet.  You can quote it from any existing post with it in it.

Also, talking without a character sheet is the most dangerous action you can do.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: November 19, 2018, 08:03:38 am »

You don't need any sort of cloud thing to get your sheet.  You can quote it from any existing post with it in it.

Also, talking without a character sheet is the most dangerous action you can do.
The sad part is that I know that posting without a sheet is a fucking terrible idea. And I didn't even think about it.
FUCK

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: November 19, 2018, 08:04:10 am »

Don't miss the part about talking.

Talking is more dangerous than shooting machine guns at your teammates.  Usually.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #3039 on: November 21, 2018, 11:58:57 am »

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch me soar.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
If I remember right the last guy who said that lived a happy life and died of old age. Right?

"Enemy tanks disabled. Probably."

Load another AP, "just in case."
I doubt I can tell that the MG's shredding our team, but if I can, stop him.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
You load another round. You also slap the MG'er upside the head for reasons unknown to you, but that feel very justified.

Bring the tank in toward the objective. Run over any Nazis that get between us and the train. Do not get up on the tracks.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)
You bring the tank around and push it into full speed towards the barricade. There are maybe a dozen or so remaining nazis over there and two destroyed tanks. The nazis open up with rifles and you're basically ignoring then until one shoulders a panzerfaust and takes aim. [2] You jerk the tank to the side but not fast enough. The round arcs in visibly and strikes the tank's left side with a horrific noise that makes the tank ring like a giant bell. The entire machine shudders and you hear a grinding metallic noise as the tank starts turning left on its own.

"They've damaged the left side treads!" You shout, bringing the throttle down to zero. "We're a pillbox now boys!  Gun them down  before we get can-opened."

"FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"
stop with the fucking MG. Get out of the fucking tanking, swearing at myself in a virulent mix of German, French, Arabic, and a few choice curses in Russian, and start patching people up.

[[Standing Order: If I don't have my fucking sheet *and yes I am swearing at myself in Arabic, German, and English IRL*, I WOULD RATHER NOT DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN SPEAK THAN HOPE I'M LUCKY. I keep fucking posting and not having access to drive for one reason or another. I withdraw my own WMD privileges, before anyone else can.]]
I mean, Admittedly, even if you had your sheet then, it wouldn't have helped since no one is immune from the [1]. But fair enough.

You climb out of the tank [1]. You get about halfway out when one of the remaining nazi's shoots you right in the back and you scream and fall back into the tank. [Life at -1] Its just a flesh wound but your entire back cramped up like you threw it out and you find yourself near the main gunner's feet, whispering swears in a variety of languages.

Crawl towards the changing station and the trains.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
The station is miles away so we'll have you crawl towards the remaining barricade. They're focused on the tank so its not too hard to slither through the grass and get within a 200 feet of them.

Welp. Radio the tank, then time to advance, staying in cover from German fire. If I am bleeding notably, bandage up first. If not, suck it up for now.

"Whoever just shot us from the tank, they need to be removed immediately."

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
[2]
You continue forward and make it about halfway to the barricade, half crawling, half crouch running. The injury on your shoulder isn't a dangerous one in terms of bleeding out but when you're trying to constantly use your arms, it is goddamn distracting and slows you down.

"Stop shooting at us you fucking morons!" Bob yells. Then, upon realizing that he's unlikely to be heard by anyone, he pulls out his radio and calls the tank.
"Ed, or whoever's listening tell Ed, you need to get a goddamn handle on your men. Get Simon to stab that incompetent son of a bitch in the machinegun seat or something. This is a goddamn travesty of shooting, and the person who did that deserves to be court-martialed then quartered! Goddamn secret nazi sympathizers stealing our beautiful machineguns." An insult to good machineguns everywhere, to be fired at their allies by an incompetent lunatic.

Bob continues his rant to the tank, and tries to advance at a crawl as quickly as possible.
I guess I'm next to Simon and Carolina. If I can medic bag anyone nearby, please spend my whole turn these turns doing that.
Otherwise, if they're too far away, I focus on shooty peoples with Simon.

If Simon doesn't post, use his silenced sniper rifle while he spots enemies (or he does that while I shoot alongside him. Whatever the case, we shoot)

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Curse at the tank's incompetent crew, then continue to head towards the Nazi position.  How much farther is it?

Hit the ground and crawl from cover to cover
Use my excellent camouflage ability to, well, camouflage myself using stuff from my surroundings (greenery and mud and such), then start sneakily sneaking forward, away from the main line of fire (aka go around a bit).

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You all get within 200 feet of the barricade, though you're a bit spread out from each other, some intentionally and some due to the difficulty in coordinating a silent, quick advance.

Oh no! Wait for first aid. Give myself first aid too, if I can.
”Owww...”
Stay prone and apply first aid to Jimmy's wounds.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
[1]
Jimmy is at life -3, not 0, just to let you know. Should change that.

Gwen whips out some bandages and proceeds to hogtie Jimmy. That done, she stuffs gauze into his mouth, steals his weapon, and then kicks him in the ribs.

Move to the other side of the tree and check the wound. Can I still move my leg?

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
You poke at your wound. The feeling is coming back...unfortunately. Its bad but not unusable. Its gonna slow you down though.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: November 21, 2018, 12:10:34 pm »

Sneak towards the barricades.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:03:52 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #3041 on: November 21, 2018, 12:14:17 pm »

"The hell you trying to climb out for while we're driving into concentrated enemy fire? You fool? Lie there and try not to bleed too much. Simon's got this place decorated just the way we like it: with Nazi blood and guts, not our own.

Yo! Cannon guy! Shoot the cannon! aim at the railroad, I guess. keep those trains from moving forward!"

Ed takes the machine gun position and fires at the germans, especially the one with the rocket launcher.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: November 21, 2018, 12:34:42 pm »

Shootthe Nazi with the anti-tank weapon.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: November 21, 2018, 01:05:59 pm »

"Wouldn't taking out the track derail them?"

Destroy the tracks.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:48:35 pm by Questorhank »
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: November 21, 2018, 02:33:58 pm »

"Only if they are moving when you do it. we're tryign to keep them from starting, not stop them already in motion."
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 228