Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469493 times)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3015 on: November 13, 2018, 07:56:37 pm »

"Think I got one!"

Fire an AP round at another tank.

((Does anyone in/near the tank have a radio?))

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: November 13, 2018, 08:20:22 pm »

((Of course. Ed has a radio. Check his inventory sheet.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: November 13, 2018, 08:29:55 pm »

((The tank also has a built-in radio.))

Keep advancing, but if it's reasonable to do so, be stealthy and hide.  Move to the south a bit, out of the line of travel of the following allies, so that the attacks inevitably directed at them don't hit Simon too.

Iff stealth isn't reasonable, just keep getting closer until individual Nazis can be identified.  Then start popping heads with a Springfield.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: November 13, 2018, 08:32:22 pm »

((Awww, Sy, you messed up my joke.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: November 14, 2018, 03:58:24 pm »

How far away are we exactly from the Nazis? If there is potential to get in grenade range, try to get closer. Otherwise I’ll hunker down and start shooting back.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: November 14, 2018, 06:56:03 pm »

((you're still just under a mile away from the Nazis. It's long range even for shooting.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3021 on: November 15, 2018, 09:23:26 pm »

"Looks like a good shot! We keep this up and we'll be out of here in no time."
Load the next shell, gunner's choice. If there is an MG that I can access without stealing anyone's seats, do so, and start spraying down the enemy infantry.
You take a seat in a MG (no one else seems to be using them yet) and let off bursts of fire.

And since there's no sheet here I'll just roll raw RTD.
[1]

Oh dear.

How far away are we exactly from the Nazis? If there is potential to get in grenade range, try to get closer. Otherwise I’ll hunker down and start shooting back.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
((The tank also has a built-in radio.))

Keep advancing, but if it's reasonable to do so, be stealthy and hide.  Move to the south a bit, out of the line of travel of the following allies, so that the attacks inevitably directed at them don't hit Simon too.

Iff stealth isn't reasonable, just keep getting closer until individual Nazis can be identified.  Then start popping heads with a Springfield.

Move up behond Simon's crew, staying wide of them and in cover. The goal is to close aggressively on the German camp.
Should tanks start targeting me, toss smoke and run the fuck away into hiding.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
"The only one who's going to die right now is the fucker that shot me!"

Get into cover and then be treated. Once I'm in cover identify the one who shot me and fire at them.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
(I have a HELMET? When?)
get down and crawl to cover! Help Gwen move and bandage her leg or something.
”Oh, those were just lucky shots. We’re not going to die, we aren’t! I hope.”
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Take a few shots at the german ranks from a prone position, then crawl down the tracks a bit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go find some cover behind a tree that's near the rest of the group and analyze the current situation.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The machinegun on the "Allied" tank opens up like a screaming hose of hot lead. Rounds scythe back and forth, but instead of flying down range at the distant germans they start tearing up turf  around the team.
6 + 5 + 2 + 6-1 + 1 + 5 + 2
Carolina and Simon both mange to swear and dive into cover as a line of rounds tears a zigzag gash through the dirt inches away from them. Denver catches a pair of rounds, one glancing off his helmet and the second carving a piece from his shoulder. (Life at -1).  Gwen, laying on the ground and being dragged into cover by Jimmy, barely notices the difference between the rounds coming in from the "allies" and from the enemies, as they all just go over her head.  Jimmy though, He catches a round straight to the chest and goes down gasping and bleeding next to Gwen (Life to -3).  Robert, already prone, is safe from the shots but William, hiding behind a tree from rounds he expect to come from the opposite direction, catches a round to the thigh and drops into his ass, leg suddenly numb below him.

Evasive Maneuvers. Don't get cannonned, but make sure our guy has a good opportunity to cannon their guy.

((we could drop a cannon round onto the tracks. that'd be as effective as crashing a plane on it. probably.))

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
[6] Ed maneuvers the tank hard to the left, dodging out of the way of oncoming shells, though a few normal bullets do ping off the armor.

"Think I got one!"

Fire an AP round at another tank.

((Does anyone in/near the tank have a radio?))

[6]
You fire another round down range and this time you're sure it hits the other tank. And judging by the lack of return fire, you're gonna guess that both the tanks have been disabled.

"Well great, am I ever going to fly a plane for this outfit that I'm not ordered to intentionally crash?"

I'm tempted to fly up to one of those tanks and hit it with my sword jump out and hijack it crush it beneath my glorious wings, but it's probably best if I keep being an eye in the sky for the time being.

Ask HQ if we could get reinforcements of some sort, seeing as we're facing more resistance than expected.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
"Probably not."

HQ tells you that the best they could do is try to provide a distraction elsewhere to draw off any reinforcements that might come.

You radio down to the ground troops to confirm that both tanks have been destroyed and that it seems like a good number of the troops have been taken down too.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #3022 on: November 15, 2018, 10:56:58 pm »

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch me soar.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: November 16, 2018, 12:18:39 am »

"Enemy tanks disabled. Probably."

Load another AP, "just in case."
I doubt I can tell that the MG's shredding our team, but if I can, stop him.

RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #3024 on: November 16, 2018, 01:55:44 am »

Bring the tank in toward the objective. Run over any Nazis that get between us and the train. Do not get up on the tracks.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: November 16, 2018, 03:01:00 am »

Crawl towards the changing station and the trains.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: November 16, 2018, 08:38:47 am »

Welp. Radio the tank, then time to advance, staying in cover from German fire. If I am bleeding notably, bandage up first. If not, suck it up for now.

"Whoever just shot us from the tank, they need to be removed immediately."

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:43:27 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: November 16, 2018, 09:22:37 am »

"Stop shooting at us you fucking morons!" Bob yells. Then, upon realizing that he's unlikely to be heard by anyone, he pulls out his radio and calls the tank.
"Ed, or whoever's listening tell Ed, you need to get a goddamn handle on your men. Get Simon to stab that incompetent son of a bitch in the machinegun seat or something. This is a goddamn travesty of shooting, and the person who did that deserves to be court-martialed then quartered! Goddamn secret nazi sympathizers stealing our beautiful machineguns." An insult to good machineguns everywhere, to be fired at their allies by an incompetent lunatic.

Bob continues his rant to the tank, and tries to advance at a crawl as quickly as possible.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Hotfire90

« Reply #3028 on: November 16, 2018, 12:31:58 pm »

Stay prone and apply first aid to Jimmy's wounds.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: November 16, 2018, 02:39:47 pm »

Use my excellent camouflage ability to, well, camouflage myself using stuff from my surroundings (greenery and mud and such), then start sneakily sneaking forward, away from the main line of fire (aka go around a bit).

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 228