Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468870 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #2835 on: October 06, 2018, 08:53:59 am »

Stay in the tank. Make sure Franek doesn't hurt himself when he tries to awaken from his coma.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: October 06, 2018, 03:04:23 pm »

"Okay, it doesn't look so bad outside, a few wounded and they're being... wait, what the hell?  They're beating up Tala, what's gotten into--SHIT!"

Simon suddenly spins around after cursing, drawing his trench knife and tackling Tobeis into the wall. He holds the knife's point right above Toby's face for couple seconds, staring into the man's eyes... before relaxing somewhat, though he doesn't lower the knife yet.  He then looks around at the other crewmembers with worry plain on his face.

"Okay, I think the Nazis are mind controlling the others into killing each other.  Thought you all might be affected too, sorry for the scare.  Gunny, I'm going to release you now, don't stab me, okay?"

He then backs off, and watches Toby for a second before resheathing his knife.  Then he thinks about it for a moment, and pulls his knife right back out, offering it to Toby.

"...If we're all good, and everyone outside is killing each other, it's probably the tank's armor protecting us somehow.  I'm going to look out the hatch and tell them to stop, and put crippling shots into them if they don't.  If I do anything else, or start actually killing them, pull me back in and pin me until I'm normal again.  Nobody else should get out, understand?"

Please read the above RP.  Simon is severely misunderstanding the situation, and it's somewhat important how.

Actual action: Open the hatch, climb halfway out with the Delisle, and shout for everyone who's attacking the wounded to stop immediately.  If they don't stop attacking the wounded, start shooting them.  Aim for elbows and knees, relatively nonlethal targets.  A room full of half-dead allies and crazies is better than a room full of dead allies and uninjured crazies.

((Note that going out and helping with the first aid is actually more likely to hurt things.  The people already trying to heal the wounded have stats for it, and us tank people largely don't; we're less likely to help, and equally likely to roll 1s and finish the wounded off.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: 888th Brigade
    « Reply #2837 on: October 06, 2018, 03:25:42 pm »

Okay, someone has to do something about all of these incompetent medics.

If anyone seems like they are about to do something incredibly stupid like directly attacking anyone in the team (or are already doing it), punch them until they stop trying to do it. Don't let those doing bad first aid to kill the wounded, don't let the rest kill the ones trying to do actual first aid, etc.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
    The dog behind the man behind the beard.
    Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
    You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • 200 versions of the same catboy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2838 on: October 06, 2018, 06:30:53 pm »

"That... Actually makes a lot of sense. Alright, I'll try not to hurt you if I need to yank you back in." *Toby rubs his throat where Simon pinned him against the wall.*

I like Simon's idea. It's entertaining, and also logical. i shall do as herr panzer kommandant asks me to, and keep an eye on him. Also it makes the most sense out of all the actions I could make. As usual, this action takes precedence over my other actions.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
    • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
      • View Profile
      • Stuff
    « Reply #2839 on: October 08, 2018, 06:13:56 pm »

Light up a cigarette. Offer one to Radio. Wait out the blindness.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
    "I've heard that after a girl blows you, you should smoke a cigarette"

"I don't think that's what that means."

"Whatever man, I have cigarettes, you want one?"

"I don't have a mouth."

"That's what she said."

"Do you have brain damage?"

"Maybe. "

Light up a cigarette. Offer one to Radio. Wait out the blindness.
    The radioman, yelling way too loudly due to his own deafness, responds to the offered cig.
    "NO THANKS SIR THE ONLY THINGS I 'LIGHT UP' ARE NAZIS AND WOMEN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

ALSO I FIGURED OUT WHY THEY CALL THEM THE FLOATING RIBS! WHO KNEW LEARNING COULD BE SO PAINFUL!"

Ow fuck my ribs. Just lie down for the moment and play some calming nature sounds to help Tala's healing and/or help her pass away peacefully.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
    You play some soothing sounds of nature. Hopefully Tala can hear them, 100 feet away, in a semi-dead state.

"Ok that didn't work, you got an idea what to try next?"

Apply more first aid to Tala.
    Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
    [3]
    "Lemme helpppp!"

Assist first aid action on Tala.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
    [5]

Through emergency intervention, cpr, a syringe of adrenaline and some dramatic screaming you manage to get Tala back up to -5 life instead of -6 and stabilize her. She's effectively out of commission for now but she'll live. Assuming no one else comes and kicks her in the head.

”At this rate, the hairy lady’s gonna kill us before the Germans can!”
    Disarm Alice. Take Tala’s medic bag and, I dunno, fix people?
    Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

You tackle Alice and then attempt to use her bag to help Carolina.
    [3]
    You splint her hand and patch up her injuries as best you can. [+3 Life]

(Right thread this time)
    See if I can walk and/or fight.
    Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
    You're not feeling great but the first aid Jimmy gives you gets you up on your feet and able to fight once more.

"That... Actually makes a lot of sense. Alright, I'll try not to hurt you if I need to yank you back in." *Toby rubs his throat where Simon pinned him against the wall.*

I like Simon's idea. It's entertaining, and also logical. i shall do as herr panzer kommandant asks me to, and keep an eye on him. Also it makes the most sense out of all the actions I could make. As usual, this action takes precedence over my other actions.

You do as asked and keep an eye on the prisoner.

Awaken from coma.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
    You wake up and look around. Huh. This place again. Oh look, a nazi.

Stay in the tank. Make sure Franek doesn't hurt himself when he tries to awaken from his coma.

He seems uninjured but he's giving the prisoner a rather worrying look.

"Okay, it doesn't look so bad outside, a few wounded and they're being... wait, what the hell?  They're beating up Tala, what's gotten into--SHIT!"

Simon suddenly spins around after cursing, drawing his trench knife and tackling Tobeis into the wall. He holds the knife's point right above Toby's face for couple seconds, staring into the man's eyes... before relaxing somewhat, though he doesn't lower the knife yet.  He then looks around at the other crewmembers with worry plain on his face.

"Okay, I think the Nazis are mind controlling the others into killing each other.  Thought you all might be affected too, sorry for the scare.  Gunny, I'm going to release you now, don't stab me, okay?"

He then backs off, and watches Toby for a second before resheathing his knife.  Then he thinks about it for a moment, and pulls his knife right back out, offering it to Toby.

"...If we're all good, and everyone outside is killing each other, it's probably the tank's armor protecting us somehow.  I'm going to look out the hatch and tell them to stop, and put crippling shots into them if they don't.  If I do anything else, or start actually killing them, pull me back in and pin me until I'm normal again.  Nobody else should get out, understand?"

Please read the above RP.  Simon is severely misunderstanding the situation, and it's somewhat important how.

Actual action: Open the hatch, climb halfway out with the Delisle, and shout for everyone who's attacking the wounded to stop immediately.  If they don't stop attacking the wounded, start shooting them.  Aim for elbows and knees, relatively nonlethal targets.  A room full of half-dead allies and crazies is better than a room full of dead allies and uninjured crazies.

((Note that going out and helping with the first aid is actually more likely to hurt things.  The people already trying to heal the wounded have stats for it, and us tank people largely don't; we're less likely to help, and equally likely to roll 1s and finish the wounded off.))

You open the hatch, get just far enough out to aim at the guys in the hall, and shout "IF I SEE ANOTHER MOTHER FUCKER  PUNCH A DOWNED SQUADMATE I'M GOING TO BLOW THEIR GODDAMN KNEES OFF! YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!"

Luckily no one does anything as dumb as continue to beat their friends so you don't have to mangle them.

Yet.

Okay, someone has to do something about all of these incompetent medics.

If anyone seems like they are about to do something incredibly stupid like directly attacking anyone in the team (or are already doing it), punch them until they stop trying to do it. Don't let those doing bad first aid to kill the wounded, don't let the rest kill the ones trying to do actual first aid, etc.

"YEAH! AND I'LL PUNCH YOUR KNEECAPS TOO!"

"Thank you William. You're far less effective but your enthusiasm is appreciated." Simon says, nodding.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
      • DiceBane
        • View Profile
      Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
      « Reply #2840 on: October 08, 2018, 06:53:46 pm »

Assuming I regain sight and hearing this round, get up and head out to the tank. Else continue sitting and smoking.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
      • Wannabe Shitposter
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2841 on: October 09, 2018, 02:08:29 am »

Bleed on the German, get him in the eyes! Bob wants to intervene!? I bleed on him too!

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
      « Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:36:13 pm by SaberToothTiger »
      I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
      It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
      There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
      • 200 versions of the same catboy
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2842 on: October 09, 2018, 07:54:09 am »

"Alright, everything went better than expected. Hey Simon, maybe I should go out and help with the medic-ing?"
      Start asking the prisoner some questions about stuff, like the best way to leave, and if there are any hidden medicine caches around.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      Re: 888th Brigade
      « Reply #2843 on: October 09, 2018, 08:10:11 am »

Try to move the wounded into the safety of the tank. It's certainly safer than letting them outside where the rest of the team is.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
      Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
      You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
      • Ah
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2844 on: October 09, 2018, 09:36:24 am »

Try to move the wounded into the safety of the tank. It's certainly safer than letting them outside where the rest of the team is.

Help this man.
      Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
      • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2845 on: October 09, 2018, 12:25:57 pm »

"Well, they stopped murdering each other, so whatever effect there was seems to be easily resisted.  Sure, Gunny, you're free to leave.  Bring the Nazi with you, he's crowding the tank, and William's right, the wounded should be in there."

Exit the tank, and put down the rifle, but keep the trench knife drawn.  Punch out anyone who attempts to murder a wounded ally.

...Also, try and drag healthy people out of the tank, to make room for the wounded.  Those with +2 or +3 first aid/medical skill can stay.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2846 on: October 09, 2018, 02:10:21 pm »

Transport Tala into the tank.
        Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
        • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
          • View Profile
        « Reply #2847 on: October 09, 2018, 03:19:19 pm »

You play some soothing sounds of nature. Hopefully Tala can hear them, 100 feet away, in a semi-dead state.

It's the thought that counts.

Either way, try to recover enough so I can at least walk again, then go inspect the magic room that ElectroGal busted out of. Then go inspect the elevator and our way back up, can we get back without too much hassle? If no recovery incoming, just lie around doing nothing I suppose.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
        Quote from: you know who you are
        21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
        Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
          • View Profile
        « Reply #2848 on: October 09, 2018, 04:36:55 pm »

Bleed on the German, get him in the eyes!

"He's a prisoner, relax! We can stick him out the top of the tank if any germans approach, give us a second to swing the turret around!"

Attempt to stop Franek from bleeding on the prisoner. Bob isn't sure whether that's against any wartime codes, but he doesn't want to find out with a court martial. Oh, and after this, leave the tank if there's no one else who needs to be booted more.
        Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
        And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
        • Seeker of Knowledge
          • View Profile
        « Reply #2849 on: October 09, 2018, 05:06:12 pm »

Catch my breath, check all my weapons to see if they’re in working order.
        Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
        I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
        Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 228