Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468688 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2820 on: October 03, 2018, 06:00:05 am »

"Good fuckin' job lads (and ladies). We somehow managed to find a way to get hit by lightning, even under all of this not-sky." *long suffering sigh*
"And no, this is not a bloody Faraday cage. I'll only feel safe once I'm in a rubber suit, and I have applied a liberal amount of explosives to the she-devil thingy. You!" *points at the prisoner* "
Sprechen Sie jetzt. Was kann es töten? Werden Sprengstoffe es tun?"

(man, you know something spooktastic happened if Simon is forgetting to call people by literally anything but your real name)

This tank is awful cramped, and seems like an excellent opportunity for a mass-cas incident. Try and convince some people to leave, so the crew can get to work on killing the spooky lightning girl.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: October 03, 2018, 06:18:55 am »

((I'd say that sequence of events was rather iffy based on the actions, but then again this situation has the wonderful benefit of not having to think up any more questions or having to do much of anything anymore, so a solid win once again!))

Danger Danger! High Voltage!

Video ain't killed this radiostar just yet. Try to regain sight&hearing, if succesfull locate an Ed and see if he's ok. If yes go stabilize Ms. Tesla: Beyond Thunderdome over there if nobody else more qualified is doing so.     

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: October 03, 2018, 07:46:35 am »

”Wait. Was that lightning?”
go outside! Fix people that I see!
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2823 on: October 05, 2018, 12:57:44 pm »

"WHAT IN THE SAM HILL WAS THAT!?" Having only heard the sound, and not being at a viewport at the time, Bob is understandably a bit confused.

Check if the Bob's radio is working, and try to relay info back to hq.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The radio is working...sort of. It turns on but all you get is static.

"Well shit. They just had to release the demon!"

Run towards Tala and aid with the first aid.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
[1]
"Fuuuuuck. That hort. Shite. Tala, you good?"

Stumble up to Tala and Carolina. Are they alive? If so, apply first aid to Tala. Alice has Carolina covered.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
[1]
"Well shit. They just had to release the demon!"

Run towards Tala.
((I do believe someone has some kind of vertical traversal item :P))

"Fuuuuuck. That hort. Shite. Tala, you good?"

Stumble up to Tala and Carolina. Are they alive? If so, apply first aid to Tala. Alice has Carolina covered.
((You don't have medical training for using my medibags? ;_;
Heeeeey I'm free glory guys :B))

So unconsciousness--I DEEPLY DISLIKE not being able to act, but perhaps much like RL, we get those instances where people get struck by insight since their mental processes are all not spending energy to sensory stuff and moreso to internal matters.

Let's hope I get some of that good ol' insight or healing or sudden-activity-to-help-others.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
[4]

"Dammit!"

Perform some first-aid on Carolina.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
[1]

Man, it would have been really nice to have still been in the tank a couple of seconds ago.
Asses myself I guess. I’m assuming the helmet and flak vest worked normally.
To Alice
I had a feeling you’d have your hands all over me sooner or later, but somehow this isn’t how I imagined it.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
[4]
Gwen and Denver run over to Tala and take a look down at her. She's pretty badly burnt, with raw Lichtenberg figures scorched across large portions of her skin. Her clothing is still smoking and she has no hair or eyebrows left, except for a thin coating of ash.

"That don't look good."

"I dunno, it has a certain Aestetic appeal."

"I mean her chances of survival."

"Oh. Yeah She's fucked."

"I'm not dead." Tala groaned, conscious but only barely.

"Should we do CPR or something?"

"Uh...yeah I guess. You ever get certified in that?"

"I mean....I've watched a lot of MASH."

"No you haven't, thats not even out yet. Wrong war."

"Oh right...I guess I dreamed about watching a tv show where they did it. That's like being certified right?"

"Yeah, that makes sense. So how do you do it?"

"I think you just keep punching them in the sternum and face until they get better?"

"Please don't." Tala moans, grabbing weakly at their ankles.

"Yeah, yeah I think that's right. You wanna start or should I?"

"Heck, lets both do it at once. You take the chest, I'll take the face."

"I'm going to haunt you both."

[2, 2, 5]

Denver and Gwen start raining blows down on Tala. Luckily for her they have the vicious strength of a mouse swinging a pillow full of marshmallows. Its painful and not helpful, but it doesn't straight up kill her. However, as they feebly attempt to beat her to...life...her other injuries reduce her to 0 life and put her on the brink of death. 

Meanwhile Alice drags herself up and sprints over to Carolina. She whips out her First aid kit and her entrenching tool and proceeds to carefully place the kit on the back of Carolina's head and then wind up to smash it down into her skull with the shovel.
[2v1]
Alice misses entirely but Carolina, in her rush to get out from under Alice's homicidal attempts at "Doing a Medicine", Thrusts her hands out to the side in order to shove herself up and away. Her movement brings her left hand directly into the path of the wildly missing shovel and the tool promptly breaks several fingers (-1 life).

Pray to all the deities I know about, crawl into a corner of the tank and hope no one dies.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
"Please, god of luck and random chance, help us."

"No."

"It was enemy action, I guess.  Toby, I mean uh, Gunny, could you ask the Nazi if he knows anything useful, like whether I can kill whatever angry god is out there now?  Oh, and can someone get on the radio and ask what the fuck?"

Man the turret.  Look around the room, aim and shoot at any magical lightning women walking around.  If there is no such woman, aim at the archway's entrance and be ready to fire on any gods walking out.  Don't shoot Radio.

You see no lightning women. You see SEVERAL threats to the team but no lightning women. So you just wait and keep the gun aimed at the arch.

((I'd say that sequence of events was rather iffy based on the actions, but then again this situation has the wonderful benefit of not having to think up any more questions or having to do much of anything anymore, so a solid win once again!))

Danger Danger! High Voltage!

Video ain't killed this radiostar just yet. Try to regain sight&hearing, if succesfull locate an Ed and see if he's ok. If yes go stabilize Ms. Tesla: Beyond Thunderdome over there if nobody else more qualified is doing so.     

[4]
    You don't get your senses back entirely but you get some muffled and ringing hearing and some vague, blurry sight back. It lets you see enough to drag yourself over to Ed. Seeing as he's alive you attempt to get up and go look after Tala...or whats left of her. [1] You push yourself up to your knees, get halfway up onto the first leg and then it goes to jelly beneath you.  You  fall hard, land sideways against the edge of a console and break a rib (-1 life) before landing back on the ground.

"THAT FUCKING MORON! I'LL KILL HER!"

Ed feels around for Radio, checking to see if he's alive, and waiting to recover sight before doing anything else.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
    Radio, at least you're pretty sure its radio, gropes across your shoulder and back for a moment before recognizing its you and helps you get sat up. [2] You blink your eyes but all you see is white.

"Good fuckin' job lads (and ladies). We somehow managed to find a way to get hit by lightning, even under all of this not-sky." *long suffering sigh*
    "And no, this is not a bloody Faraday cage. I'll only feel safe once I'm in a rubber suit, and I have applied a liberal amount of explosives to the she-devil thingy. You!" *points at the prisoner* "
    Sprechen Sie jetzt. Was kann es töten? Werden Sprengstoffe es tun?"

(man, you know something spooktastic happened if Simon is forgetting to call people by literally anything but your real name)

This tank is awful cramped, and seems like an excellent opportunity for a mass-cas incident. Try and convince some people to leave, so the crew can get to work on killing the spooky lightning girl.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)

"FUCK OFF. GET OUT. NORMIES LEAVE. REEEEEEEEEE"

”Wait. Was that lightning?”
    go outside! Fix people that I see!

Uh...the closest you'd be able to see is Carolina being beaten with a shovel.
    [2]
    You walk over to the assault in progress, look down at Carolina with a discerning eye, and then point at her other hand.

"Missed a spot there, buddy."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
    • DiceBane
      • View Profile
    Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
    « Reply #2824 on: October 05, 2018, 01:14:00 pm »

Light up a cigarette. Offer one to Radio. Wait out the blindness.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
    « Reply #2825 on: October 05, 2018, 01:23:56 pm »

"Ok that didn't work, you got an idea what to try next?"

Apply more first aid to Tala.
    Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2826 on: October 05, 2018, 01:33:10 pm »

*mutter something about how 'Zat was not medicine' when I hear what Simon has to tell me about what's going on outside.*

tie The Prisoner up so he can't hurt himself (or us, for that matter) and try to determine whether it's worth going out amongst my potentially homicidal comrades to go and keep my injured comrades from dying. I will probs think 'yes it is' and go start directing the 3 homicides and 1 bystander to please 'Save it for the enemy!' and start helping me actually HEAL our downed team. Loot one of Tala's medbags and use it on her. My meds I shall save for myself. Oh yeah and if Franek still has that medal nick that and give it to Tala as well.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
    • Ah
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2827 on: October 05, 2018, 03:24:13 pm »

”At this rate, the hairy lady’s gonna kill us before the Germans can!”
    Disarm Alice. Take Tala’s medic bag and, I dunno, fix people?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • Requires music to get through the working day.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2828 on: October 05, 2018, 03:46:40 pm »

"Lemme helpppp!"

Assist first aid action on Tala.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
    In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
    One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
    • Seeker of Knowledge
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2829 on: October 05, 2018, 04:04:14 pm »

(Right thread this time)
    See if I can walk and/or fight.
    Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
    I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2830 on: October 05, 2018, 05:59:05 pm »

Light up a cigarette. Offer one to Radio. Wait out the blindness.
    The radioman, yelling way too loudly due to his own deafness, responds to the offered cig.
    "NO THANKS SIR THE ONLY THINGS I 'LIGHT UP' ARE NAZIS AND WOMEN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

ALSO I FIGURED OUT WHY THEY CALL THEM THE FLOATING RIBS! WHO KNEW LEARNING COULD BE SO PAINFUL!"

Ow fuck my ribs. Just lie down for the moment and play some calming nature sounds to help Tala's healing and/or help her pass away peacefully.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
    Quote from: you know who you are
    21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
    Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
    • DiceBane
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2831 on: October 05, 2018, 06:26:35 pm »

Ed looks roughly where Radio was a minute ago and waves the cig around for a moment or two before shrugging and repocketing it.
    He then sticks a finger in his ear and wiggles vigorously for a moment.

"THAT WAS WORSE THAN THE EXPLODING HOTEL, BUT NOT QUITE AS BAD AS THE EXPLODING NAZI BASE. I THINK. CAN'T REALLY BE SURE THOUGH. I CAN'T SEE OR HEAR SHIT.

dOESN'T FEEL HOT ENOUGH TO BE ON FIRE, AND i DON'T FEEL ANY SIGNIFICANT RUMBLING, SO I DOUBT THE PLACE IS FALLING IN ON OUR HEADS."

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2832 on: October 05, 2018, 08:18:29 pm »

(Right thread this time)

(Where'd you go last time?)

also, seeing as everyone else is trying to heal the same person I am, go and help anyone else who needs a medic and loot their medical shit and use it on them.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • Wannabe Shitposter
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2833 on: October 05, 2018, 10:16:48 pm »

Awaken from coma.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
    I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
    It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
    There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • Life is too short for worries
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2834 on: October 05, 2018, 11:04:50 pm »

((So I...got a 4, without any detail at all? :V AT LEAST I WAS USEFUL IN SUGGESTING WHAT NOT TO DO! :-[))

Anytime with insight or being useful now. Please.
    Preferably something comedic and not that awful ._.;

Basically: Don't die.

"Ok that didn't work, you got an idea what to try next?"

Apply more first aid to Tala.
    You uh, hopefully get the feeling that Tala said important things ._. and be more careful this time.
    Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:08:07 pm by Tiruin »
    Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 228