Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468749 times)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2805 on: October 01, 2018, 11:13:12 am »

Upon realization that the Tank is not, in fact, shock proof, ponder the wisdom of moving away from the lightning ghost. Then file that thought away in the folder labeled 'Probably Important' and return to attempting to get the prisoner to say something useful

What do you mean, not shock proof? It’s a faraday cage, super safe in case of zaps.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2806 on: October 02, 2018, 02:44:50 am »

Jump in the tank. 
    ”Hi. How many organs do we have left?”
    Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

"All the important ones.  And you're not getting in my tank, go find someone else to disembowel."

"Can we leave now Simon? Some people are playing with organs and voodoo stuff, and I don't want to be around when it blows up in their face."

Check on Franek, see how he's doing, so that Bob can take his medal back.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Sure, I'd also love to leave the underground catacombs filled with Occult Nazi Ghosts, but last I checked there was still machine-gun lightning thundering down on the only exit to this place.  Feel free to go check it out yourself!  Maybe you'll find an 'off' button or something."

Hop into the tank too.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)

"Sorry, but no, important Nazi interrogations going on, and this tank is already cramped as hell.  Go play with the organ guy or something?"

Everyone except Robert is barred from entering the tank, now that Simon's inside and can lock it.  Four people and an amputee is plenty.

Anyway, sit as far away from the Nazi as the limited space allows, while glaring at him and visualizing exactly how to cut him open if he tries anything.  Maybe loot Franek's trench knife and dual wield the things, scraping them together to make a nice, distractingly intimidating sound.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
    • Ah
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2807 on: October 02, 2018, 10:10:00 am »

“But I shoot a rifle, how could I possibly be a danger?”

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • Life is too short for worries
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2808 on: October 02, 2018, 06:36:19 pm »

"Radio, ask if we can enter. I'll go in and check. Please ask politely."

Order (suggest) Radio to tell the person that I'm going in the chamber?
    Suit up in tinfoil! Because I finally realized something similar to that apron :V

> Is there nothing else strange that I've noticed that may particularly be of interest?

> Try to recall any mythology stories on creatures eating organs or something, that are connected to the weather.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
    • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
      • View Profile
      • Stuff
    « Reply #2809 on: October 02, 2018, 07:42:50 pm »

Jump in the tank. 

Hmm, so this is the tank. Now what was Alice trying to tell me?
    Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
    "Can we leave now Simon? Some people are playing with organs and voodoo stuff, and I don't want to be around when it blows up in their face."

Into the tank, and check on Franek, see how he's doing, so that Bob can take his medal back.

Hop into the tank too.

You all get in the tank.

Okay, so suddenly everyone wants to be in the tank. That's a little suspicious, but no matter. Exit the tank and let these guys get to their naked nazi interrogation or whatever. Drag Carolina along and walk in the opposite direction from the dust-lightning-greek-ghost.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
    [5]
    You get out of the tank, put Carolina in a fireman's carry and jog back towards the elevator.

Upon realization that the Tank is not, in fact, shock proof, ponder the wisdom of moving away from the lightning ghost. Then file that thought away in the folder labeled 'Probably Important' and return to attempting to get the prisoner to say something useful

[5]
    You give the prisoner a basic rundown of whats going on and he suddenly seems terrified. He tells you in no uncertain terms that being here is a very bad idea. You tell him that everyone will leave as soon as they're done in the next room and his face goes completely bloodless.

Sit down far away from the tank and the arch and the demon room, watch the clown car tank, listen for screaming, and eat grapes.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
    You sit down in the elevator room and wait for everything to inevitably fuck up.

With grapes. From somewhere.

Quickly put my clothing back on.
    Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
    Clothed. Dunno if it will help.

Jump in the tank. 

"All the important ones.  And you're not getting in my tank, go find someone else to disembowel."

Check on Franek, see how he's doing, so that Bob can take his medal back.

"Sure, I'd also love to leave the underground catacombs filled with Occult Nazi Ghosts, but last I checked there was still machine-gun lightning thundering down on the only exit to this place.  Feel free to go check it out yourself!  Maybe you'll find an 'off' button or something."

Hop into the tank too.

"Sorry, but no, important Nazi interrogations going on, and this tank is already cramped as hell.  Go play with the organ guy or something?"

Everyone except Robert is barred from entering the tank, now that Simon's inside and can lock it.  Four people and an amputee is plenty.

Anyway, sit as far away from the Nazi as the limited space allows, while glaring at him and visualizing exactly how to cut him open if he tries anything.  Maybe loot Franek's trench knife and dual wield the things, scraping them together to make a nice, distractingly intimidating sound.

Sorry, they're inside now. I'd go back and change it but you posted later than them and I'm frankly just trying to get to these next few posts because who is where could be much less important here in a moment.

"Radio, throw some more gibbets in there and ask her what her purpose is. Then ask her how we can get out of here."

"As you wish sir."

As was commanded, so shall it be.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
      "Radio, ask if we can enter. I'll go in and check. Please ask politely."

Order (suggest) Radio to tell the person that I'm going in the chamber?
      Suit up in tinfoil! Because I finally realized something similar to that apron :V

> Is there nothing else strange that I've noticed that may particularly be of interest?

> Try to recall any mythology stories on creatures eating organs or something, that are connected to the weather.

[4] You wrap yourself in tin foil. Not enough to completely cover you, but about 80%.
      [2] You haven't noticed anything besides what has been said.
      [4] There are various European storm demons that had things like that. Something to do with Greece or the area around it might be a good place to start looking. Maybe something Slavic? Balkan?

Radio drags another container of organs into the room and empties it out into the dust before quickly retreating and closing the door behind him. He returns to the microphone as the organs are covered in dust, forming into that same female form.  You ask him to announce that you're going in. He gives you a...well he can't really give you much of a look, considering his appearance, but he gives you what you think is a skeptical look. Then he shrugs slowly and announces your entrance.  You open the door to the chamber.
      [4][6]
      The moment the door is opened, lightning floods out. Not like a single bolt either; it flows out like its a fluid and the entire room is filled with it, held at high pressure. It blows the door open and flings you straight down the hall, bathed in blinding light. You lose consciousness.

To radio and ed its as though the little inner room detonated into heat and light, shattering the windows and hammering the ring room with enough force to slam them back against the walls and render them temporarily deaf and blind.

To the rest of the people, those in the tank, those walking toward the elevator, and those standing around it, a bolt of lightning as thick as a tree trunk curls around the corner and streaks forward, pinballing wildly off the walls, blasting melted craters into the stone and concrete before arcing upwards up the elevator shaft and slamming into the metal blast doors. The doors hold for about half a second, the bolt seemingly pressing against them, its spasming body stretching all the way back to the chamber. The doors glow dull red, then orange, then white and explode outward like they were hit by an artillery shell. The sky is visible outside, a black sheet of clouds lanced through with constant lightning. Those in the elevator room can see Tala's body drop limply from where the doors were blasted open, fall 10 or 15 feet to the ramp of the incline elevator and then roll a while down before stopping.

Denver, Alice, and Carolina are all hit at some point during the lightning's escape. Denver thrown back into a wall, hair burnt off and badly concussed (-2 life) Alice catches only a glancing blow and goes down face first, convulsing, but not seriously injured (-1 life) But Carolina catches a streamer of electricity straight to the chest and is blown or carried out of Alice's hands and halfway up the incline elevator shaft. She's left face down, clothing smoldering. (-3 life)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2810 on: October 02, 2018, 07:54:48 pm »

"WHAT IN THE SAM HILL WAS THAT!?" Having only heard the sound, and not being at a viewport at the time, Bob is understandably a bit confused.

Check if the Bob's radio is working, and try to relay info back to hq.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:57:12 am by Strider03 »
      Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
      And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Hotfire90

« Reply #2811 on: October 02, 2018, 07:59:19 pm »

"Well shit. They just had to release the demon!"

Run towards Tala and aid with the first aid.
      Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
      « Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 08:50:03 am by Hotfire90 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
      • I want to be your blahaj.
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2812 on: October 02, 2018, 08:03:15 pm »

"Dammit!"

Perform some first-aid on Carolina.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
      • Requires music to get through the working day.
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2813 on: October 02, 2018, 08:05:33 pm »

"Fuuuuuck. That hort. Shite. Tala, you good?"

Stumble up to Tala and Carolina. Are they alive? If so, apply first aid to Tala. Alice has Carolina covered.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
      In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
      One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      Re: 888th Brigade
      « Reply #2814 on: October 02, 2018, 08:57:31 pm »

Pray to all the deities I know about, crawl into a corner of the tank and hope no one dies.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:37:12 am by randomgenericusername »
      The dog behind the man behind the beard.
      Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
      You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
      • Seeker of Knowledge
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2815 on: October 02, 2018, 10:06:44 pm »

Man, it would have been really nice to have still been in the tank a couple of seconds ago.
      Asses myself I guess. I’m assuming the helmet and flak vest worked normally.
      To Alice
      I had a feeling you’d have your hands all over me sooner or later, but somehow this isn’t how I imagined it.
      Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
      « Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 10:08:31 pm by The Lupanian »
      I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
      • I want to be your blahaj.
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2816 on: October 02, 2018, 10:09:12 pm »

"Just my luck that we both get struck by lightning while underground, huh?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
      • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2817 on: October 03, 2018, 12:22:32 am »

"It was enemy action, I guess.  Toby, I mean uh, Gunny, could you ask the Nazi if he knows anything useful, like whether I can kill whatever angry god is out there now?  Oh, and can someone get on the radio and ask what the fuck?"

Man the turret.  Look around the room, aim and shoot at any magical lightning women walking around.  If there is no such woman, aim at the archway's entrance and be ready to fire on any gods walking out.  Don't shoot Radio.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
        • DiceBane
          • View Profile
        Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
        « Reply #2818 on: October 03, 2018, 03:22:47 am »

"THAT FUCKING MORON! I'LL KILL HER!"

Ed feels around for Radio, checking to see if he's alive, and waiting to recover sight before doing anything else.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
        • Life is too short for worries
          • View Profile
        « Reply #2819 on: October 03, 2018, 04:42:03 am »

"Well shit. They just had to release the demon!"

Run towards Tala.
        ((I do believe someone has some kind of vertical traversal item :P))

"Fuuuuuck. That hort. Shite. Tala, you good?"

Stumble up to Tala and Carolina. Are they alive? If so, apply first aid to Tala. Alice has Carolina covered.
        ((You don't have medical training for using my medibags? ;_;
        Heeeeey I'm free glory guys :B))

So unconsciousness--I DEEPLY DISLIKE not being able to act, but perhaps much like RL, we get those instances where people get struck by insight since their mental processes are all not spending energy to sensory stuff and moreso to internal matters.

Let's hope I get some of that good ol' insight or healing or sudden-activity-to-help-others.

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 228